ESPN Playoff Machine

TSNBDSC

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Done it 3 times from the gut and have us in 4th seed 2 times at 11 and 6 and 6th seed at 10 and 7 

Patriots not losing again??  Wtf.  

I honestly believe they lose next 2.  Mac will try and do too much and fail

Yeah, I kept coming up with the 4 seed too...playing the 5 seed Patriots.  That Pats loss to Miami in week 1 costs them in my run throughs. 

35 minutes ago, Process said:

The Ravens have a better chance of missing the playoffs then going 13-4. 

Bills fans have become delusional.

Become? 🤪

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:14 PM, Process said:

The Ravens have a better chance of missing the playoffs then going 13-4. 

Bills fans have become delusional.

Ravens schedule is absurd.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a tougher schedule for the stretch run in my life. 

Edited by SCBills

Clicking on the link now it shows the Bills ending up with the #6 seed and playing at Tennessee to start the playoffs. Honestly, besides getting the #1 seed and the first round bye that could be the next best scenario  for the Bills. I like a match up against the Titans over say the Pats, Chiefs or Bengals. And until this team really dominates in a bad weather game against a good opponent I rather see them play on the road in what should almost be guaranteed better weather conditions down in Tennessee. 

That said, the playoff machine is likely still heavily flawed showing the Ravens getting the #1 seed. Very unlikely given their tough schedule down the stretch.

35 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Clicking on the link now it shows the Bills ending up with the #6 seed and playing at Tennessee to start the playoffs. Honestly, besides getting the #1 seed and the first round bye that could be the next best scenario  for the Bills. I like a match up against the Titans over say the Pats, Chiefs or Bengals. And until this team really dominates in a bad weather game against a good opponent I rather see them play on the road in what should almost be guaranteed better weather conditions down in Tennessee. 

That said, the playoff machine is likely still heavily flawed showing the Ravens getting the #1 seed. Very unlikely given their tough schedule down the stretch.

Especially with no offensive players to speak of...

On 11/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Pats gonna run the table? 

It's beginning to feel that way, but maybe it's just agida. Hopefully some Tums will take care of that.

To me this season does have that Bratty vs Belicheat or LAC vs LAR in LA  Super Bowl feel to it.

It would be nice to see others results here. I know most of you have played this little game.

Edited by frostbitmic

I just did a run through the ESPN Playoff Machine selecting every game the rest of the way, just my first thought for each game without much analysis or going back to change.     Here's what came out.    A 7 way tie in the AFC at 11-6.  Seedings as follows.

1. LA Chargers  11-6

2. Tennessee  11-6

3. Cinci    11-6 

4. Buffalo   11-6

5. New Eng   11-6

6. Baltimore  11-6

7.  Kanas City 11-6

In my scenario New England loses to Indy and to the Bills.   Bills lose to TB and win all the rest.   They go into playoff mode after losing to the Bucs.  

The #8 team in my scenario is the Colts at 10-7.   So if everything else stays as predicted, except Bills losing in NE, then Bills would be 10 - 7 and out of playoffs with Colts taking the 7th seed and NE at 12-5 as the 1 seed

On 11/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Hebert19 said:

Done it 3 times from the gut and have us in 4th seed 2 times at 11 and 6 and 6th seed at 10 and 7 

While they could easily lose the next two. What makes you think Jones would be ALLOWED to try and do to much. First the Pats will run again on the Bills and if the weather isn’t awful your not putting 10 in the box to stop it.  Indy run game scares me but not Wentz.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

While they could easily lose the next two. What makes you think Jones would be ALLOWED to try and do to much. First the Pats will run again on the Bills and if the weather isn’t awful your not putting 10 in the box to stop it.  Indy run game scares me but not Wentz.

I look forward to the NE game in Foxboro.  Assuming "normal" weather.

Our offense should be able to put up points NE can't match.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I look forward to the NE game in Foxboro.  Assuming "normal" weather.

Our offense should be able to put up points NE can't match.

Based off of what evidence?  Your D gave up numerous large runs yesterday with 10 in the box. With good weather they be able to pass and run all over that d.  So can’t match? Maybe but it will be close.  I don’t get where Bills fans think their D would magically be better facing a 2 headed attack instead of 1.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Based off of what evidence?  Your D gave up numerous large runs yesterday with 10 in the box. With good weather they be able to pass and run all over that d.  So can’t match? Maybe but it will be close.  I don’t get where Bills fans think their D would magically be better facing a 2 headed attack instead of 1.

Until the off-season, where we can reallocate the lopsided and unrewarded asset investment on this team, our only hope is to throw all over teams.   That was negated by the ridiculous wind, and to some extent our scared coaches.  

We are under no illusion that NE will be able to run, and then probably throw PA on us.  We just want Allen to have the chance to out-score you, unlike last nights abomination of a football game. 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Hebert19 said:

Yeah - they deserve respect, but it's way too much. It's based more on 20 years than on this season.

I think they lose the next 2 also, and could see them losing to Miami as well.  But if the season keeps going like it has for them, they probably face the Colts without Wentz, get a blizzard for the Bills game and close against a Miami team that has a dozen guys on the COVID list.

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Based on Jones being overhyped & a rookie.  The Bills just need to get the lead early.

Edited by Success

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sad but this is true. D is a fraud. But there is nothing to believe Mac Jones is any better than the other fraud QBs this defense has beaten.  Brady will destroy us by 30. And then we will pound the Pats after the Colts beat them up too. It will save McDermott job.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.