All-22 Grades for Bills/Jets (The Athletic)

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think we keep Phillips, but agree on the others.

Depends upon what he thinks he can get in FA, and what we really think of his physicality on game day

I have the impression that he's more into being a great humanitarian than a great football player, but what matters is the viewpoint of the coaches and the guys who are playing beside him.  The fact that he's been a "healthy scratch" in 3 games so far this season is not a great sign.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Depends upon what he thinks he can get in FA, and what we really think of his physicality on game day

I have the impression that he's more into being a great humanitarian than a great football player, but what matters is the viewpoint of the coaches and the guys who are playing beside him.  The fact that he's been a "healthy scratch" in 3 games so far this season is not a great sign.

I thought he played pretty stout the other day.

I personally would flush the other 3 for either performance or *recurring non-availability* issues.  Gotta keep one of them or we hit total vacuum.  My guess is they keep Harrison.   Probably get a lot of snaps the next 2 weeks, so let’s see how he performs.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Joe Buscaglia's grades continue to make no sense whatsoever to me.

OK, very little sense

Agreed. I think his biases come through. I also don't think he knows exactly what he is watching. You need a deep understanding of scheme and assignments to really grade players, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Dial back the RPO stuff and get Allen under center working the play action and bootlegs. Keep the jet sweeps and motions.  It works. 

You do know that I'm not Brian Daboll right?  I'm a 39 year old corporate guy that makes up fake meetings I need to attend when people ask me for help.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah the coaches will never admit it but if Zimmer was healthy its unlikely Phillips would have dressed many more games this season.  Maybe Tenn, Pats, and Indy who are run heavy but even then it would have been less likely

15 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The only reason I think they don't go in that direction is because run-stuffing DT's can be gotten in free agency for a reasonable price. I think they take a versatile offensive lineman that can play guard and tackle. I bet either Feliciano or Williams gets cut this off-season.

Agree. It's by far the weakest link on this team. I see interior o-line in round 1 that can start right away.

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Jesus Christ how many do they need? 

How bout some investment offensively? 

They should go WR first round next year, IMO. This is most likely Beasleys last year here, Sanders is 34 and may retire and then you just have Diggs and Davis…. They need to start adding more playmakers offensively and stop loading up defensively, IMO.

I agree spend some high picks on offense- give me offensive line first and foremost.  RB and WR would be great too

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

WR then interior line…. RBs aren’t with a high round pick…. Not sure Guards are either. 

like I said, I would love all 3.  You are making a general argument, and have no idea how board will fall, or what our draft slot is.  Way too rigid IMO.  For me, equal value RB, WR, or G- I protect my $250 star QB.  Both our Guards play is woeful. Morse stays, but we need two new starters at G.  If I get a solid starting Guard in first round- I strongly consider.  Same with 2nd round.  Guards are our weakest 2 positions IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.