Bills' Tyler Bass ranks as NFL's best kicker heading into Week 11

HOUSE

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

See I thought that as well, but I'm willing to eat a few yards of field position on average if it means our kicker is more accurate. 

Haack has had a bad year so far, but we also have to be near the bottom of the league in total punts attempted.  Aside from the blocked punt, he's also had some issues with touchbacks (which could be a coverage issue).  However even with 4 touchbacks in like 25 punts his net average is still only a couple of yards off the league lead.  5 yards in 25 punts is 125 total yards of field position.

Meanwhile Mason Crosby is having the worst season of his career with Bojorquez holding for him.  And Jason Sanders has already missed 4 kicks this year, after missing 3 total in 2020 with Haack.  I'll take the guy who makes my kicker confident as I'm more inclined to want the guy who helps put the maximum number of points on the board.

Good points.  But that doesn't mean they can't still look for a better punter and figure he can hold for kicks well.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:14 AM, VaMilBill said:

It’s still a popularity contest. So even if Bass keeps this up Justin Tucker is the household name and will most likely get it followed by KCs kicker unfortunately 

Bass has to nail a freakishly long kick or a few game winners in prime time to get that same recognition. He has to do something memorable which will get talked about by the National media for a couple days. 50+ yard game winner in flurries on MNF or something similar.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Don't really care about whether he's called the best kicker in the NFL.  Just that he plays like it.

this !

43 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I'd bring someone in during camp, but bass is making the call on holding at the end of the day.  

Didn't the Bills at one time have two kickers ?  One for Kickoffs and another for  FG/XP ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.