First Live Concert?

SinceThe70s

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

image.png.03129493c8ab9c89928554f942c17ae1.png  (not my actual ticket stub)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen/1980/glens-falls-civic-center-glens-falls-ny-73dc9e55.html

Queen - 9/23/80 - Glens Falls, NY

I was 9 years old.  My big brother (15 at the time) brought me and we had floor seats.  I don't remember the whole show, but I do remember a few specific songs, as well as the drum solo.  

I consider myself very lucky to have seen them on this tour.

Very interesting for 2 reasons.

1. I was also at that concert, great seats 10 rows back on the floor.

2. My first live concert was the first concert ever at the Glens Falls Civic Center - The Beach Boys, May 1979. First of many many many concerts at that small venue

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DD4Bills said:

Very interesting for 2 reasons.

1. I was also at that concert, great seats 10 rows back on the floor.

2. My first live concert was the first concert ever at the Glens Falls Civic Center - The Beach Boys, May 1979. First of many many many concerts at that small venue

Very cool!!

Yeah, man.  Back in the 70s and 80s, the Civic Center had some great shows!!!  Back when concerts were affordable, too.  I also went to a bunch of them.  Unfortunate how things have changed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Very cool!!

Yeah, man.  Back in the 70s and 80s, the Civic Center had some great shows!!!  Back when concerts were affordable, too.  I also went to a bunch of them.  Unfortunate how things have changed.

I had an "in" with the people who ran GFCC security, so I was able to see most concerts between 1980-82 by "working security" until heading off to college. Also worked all the Red Wings games. Fun times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Had to look up the date!

I grew up in North Buffalo and in 1969 my buddies & I hung out quite a bit at UB. On September 16, 1969, we saw Alice Cooper in the Fillmore Room at Norton (Student) Union. We had no idea what we were gonna see. The show literally blew our minds. It was nothing like it turned out to be when he became famous but it was undoubtedly psychedelic!

Best part was that the student ticket price was $2.00. We had 4 bucks between the four of us but the lady at the ticket window must have felt sorry for us and gave us 4 tickets "by mistake".  So we saw Alice Cooper for a buck.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

October 1984 - Rush - Rochester War Memorial  (Grace Under Pressure Tour)

I should admit that my first "real" concert however was when my parents dragged me along with them to see the Lawrence Welk band play in Rochester one year when I was a little kid. Ha!

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I should admit that my first "real" concert however was when my parents dragged me along with them to see the Lawrence Welk band play in Rochester one year when I was a little kid. Ha!

Call it the Lawrence Welk Orchestra and you get out of calling it your first concert lol.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Damn - you just made a synapse fire that's been dormant for decades. My first would have technically been Danny Thomas and Joey Bishop - I forgot all about that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"After that, I moved as far away as practical to avoid a repeat performance..."

• Like (+1) 1

Own it!  I bet in a weird way Lawrence Welk put on an entertaining show.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.