Will Buffalo have 2 thousand yard receivers this year?

ChronicAndKnuckles

Not counting the post-season. Bills have 8 games to go. I even think 3 is possible, but a long shot. Do you think it's possible? Who do you think will be the 2? I think the last time Buffalo had two 1K+ WRs was the early 2000s w/ Eric Moulds and Peerless Price. 

Cole Beasley = 461 

Emmanuel Sanders = 500

Stefan Diggs = 750 

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Possibly, but with the addition of a 17th game and the way this is a passing league I believe 1000 yard receivers will be pretty commonplace. 

Good point. I think 3 will be even more commonplace. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

1 minute ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Cole Beasley had 967 yards in a 16 game season last year where he sat in the last game. If we play 17 competitive games this season I think there's an outside chance we get all three above 1000.

It could happen, but what I'd like to see is to have some load sharing to Davis and McKenzie.

I think keeping "fresh legs" on Beasley and Sanders for the playoffs would be better for the Bills and for them in the long run

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It could happen, but what I'd like to see is to have some load sharing to Davis and McKenzie.

I think keeping "fresh legs" on Beasley and Sanders for the playoffs would be better for the Bills and for them in the long run

Agreed. 

I've clamored for Gabe Davis since the off-season to have a big year. He's produced almost every time he's targeted. 

I'm torn w/ McKenzie. I love him as a returner and an occasional package-player, but I want to see what he can do on offense besides to the occasional jet sweep. Would be neat to see Daboll run more double-slot formations.

At the same time, keeping McKenzie fresh for ST's will play a huge part in the field position battle. 

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good point. I think 3 will be even more commonplace. 

Well, with 17 games you have to average just 58.8 yards a game (rushing or receiving) for 1,000. I just don't rind 1000 yards a season to be a benchmark anymore. 1,250 yards (73.5 yards a game) I think is much more indicative of a stellar year IMO. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Cole Beasley had 967 yards in a 16 game season last year where he sat in the last game. If we play 17 competitive games this season I think there's an outside chance we get all three above 1000.

It's entirely possible if the offense clicks for the rest of the season. I think Beasley will have his first 1k season.

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, with 17 games you have to average just 58.8 yards a game (rushing or receiving) for 1,000. I just don't rind 1000 yards a season to be a benchmark anymore. 1,250 yards (73.5 yards a game) I think is much more indicative of a stellar year IMO. 

1250+ sounds about right as a #1 guy, but 1000 is still a great accomplishment as a 2nd or 3rd option. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I think a couple of 1000 yard receivers is likely.

On another subject, can Stevenson come off IR? There would probably have to be injuries.

I think if they use McKenzie more on offense, the possibility of bringing up Stevenson to do kick and punt returning duties greatly increases. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Not counting the post-season. Bills have 8 games to go. I even think 3 is possible, but a long shot. Do you think it's possible? Who do you think will be the 2? I think the last time Buffalo had two 1K+ WRs was the early 2000s w/ Eric Moulds and Peerless Price. 

Cole Beasley = 461 

Emmanuel Sanders = 500

Stefan Diggs = 750 

I think its possible to get 2 guys over 1000, but with Knox back and Davis and McKenzie even getting more snaps, I am skeptical we do just based on how much we spread the ball around.  

For example, some context is missing from those stats though...Knox missed 3 games and Davis wasn't used a lot first half the season.  Knox is obviously an important cog to the offense, but I also think they are trying to get Davis more snaps too, even McKenzie is starting to show up in the offense some lately.  

Plus, I suspect Diggs will see more targets moving forward as well.  

2 guys over 1000:  Possible, but skeptical with everyone healthy.

3 guys over 1000:  Not likely without injuries.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I think if they use McKenzie more on offense, the possibility of bringing up Stevenson to do kick and punt returning duties greatly increases. 

That would be optimal. The Bills absolutely need to go into the playoffs w/ a healthy cast of WRs. Hopefully we see a continuation of Gabe Davis and McKenzie as the season progresses. Take some of the wear and tear off the starters. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its possible to get 2 guys over 1000, but with Knox back and Davis and McKenzie even getting more snaps, I am skeptical we do just based on how much we spread the ball around.  

For example, some context is missing from those stats though...Knox missed 3 games and Davis wasn't used a lot first half the season.  Knox is obviously an important cog to the offense, but I also think they are trying to get Davis more snaps too, even McKenzie is starting to show up in the offense some lately.  

Plus, I suspect Diggs will see more targets moving forward as well.  

2 guys over 1000:  Possible, but skeptical with everyone healthy.

3 guys over 1000:  Not likely without injuries.  

Knox could indeed be the X-factor going forward. Look how the offense performs when he's a healthy scratch. This team has needed a competent Tight End for so long.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.