Jets sign Rachad Wildgoose off the PS

JohnNord

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Not much else to say.  I didn’t think rachad was that good and I don’t really wish him well tbh.  

He was so physically overmatched against NFL players in his limited snaps that I can't believe that the Bills actually kept him around.

I don't have strong feelings about him either way but the fact that the jets just poached a guy that has no business on an NFL field is pretty amusing.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can the player refuse to be signed?   Dumb question, but I’d rather stay with the Bills with a legit shot of making the team next year than go to the Jets

I would say the odds of making the team are a lot higher in NY than here.

I can't recall for sure and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think I had Wildgoose making the final 53.  I had him over Taiwan Jones or maybe Gilliam. I would still choose that today.  I would much rather have a developmental CB or safety playing special teams than a 4th or 5th RB.  Consider the blowout this past week.  He could have gotten some low pressure real game reps at CB or safety.  Wish him well.  

As I understand the rules, the player and the other team have to agree to the signing.  Wildgoose could have stayed with the Bills on the PS. But the increase in salary is huge, plus this puts him on the Jets' 53 man roster where he's much more likely to play.  He might bounce around to other teams after this year, or come back to the Bills, which is the path a lot of JAGs follow.  They never pass up an opportunity to play, and to be paid.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They probably want to learn something about our defense before they play us again.

That might not be far off from the truth. Wildgoose knows the gameplan the Bills used to throttle the Dolphins offense twice already and the Jets are playing the Dolphins this week and desperately need a better performance from their defense. Saleh was.. effusive.. about Buffalo Defense so maybe he wants to know how they defended the Dolphins. 

31 minutes ago, Malazan said:

That might not be far off from the truth. Wildgoose knows the gameplan the Bills used to throttle the Dolphins offense twice already and the Jets are playing the Dolphins this week and desperately need a better performance from their defense. Saleh was.. effusive.. about Buffalo Defense so maybe he wants to know how they defended the Dolphins. 

Or Saleh could watch the film of the game. Either way. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.