Bills D has absurd numbers compared to the rest of the NFL(even 2nd place many times)

Big Turk

14 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Defense is doing great, but totals are misleading when we have played one less game than the next 5 or 6 teams on the list.

Only a few of them. The bare numbers on points and 3rd downs etc... the other are all averages and percentages. They are not skewed. 

The main thing that jumps out to me is the Jags are 2nd best in not giving away passing TDs. Explains a little bit the Bills struggles. The teams that have routed them have been able to run it on them, especially in the redzone. Still a shocking result, no question, but that is an interesting them to reflect on. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Buffalo doesn't get enough recognition for how good that defense is.

Some kind of a  Sports writers conspiracy

It's the same story -- the most talented, flashiest players get the ink.  The Bills defense probably doesn't have the best player in the league at any position, but it's the best overall defense because of the way they play together.  Also the Bills don't get lots of sacks, and I certainly wouldn't mind improvement in that area, but they excel even without those sacks.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Only a few of them. The bare numbers on points and 3rd downs etc... the other are all averages and percentages. They are not skewed. 

The main thing that jumps out to me is the Jags are 2nd best in not giving away passing TDs. Explains a little bit the Bills struggles. The teams that have routed them have been able to run it on them, especially in the redzone. Still a shocking result, no question, but that is an interesting them to reflect on. 

Who has routed the Bills?  No one.  The only time the D faltered was when they wore down against Tennessee, and that was made possible only by the refs allowing three holds against our DBs on Henry's long run.  

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Who has routed the Bills?  No one.  The only time the D faltered was when they wore down against Tennessee, and that was made possible only by the refs allowing three holds against our DBs on Henry's long run.  

The teams who have routed the Jags. I thought that was obvious 🙄

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The teams who have routed the Jags. I thought that was obvious 🙄

Well it wasn't obvious but I caught your meaning after another reading.  You're right that the Bills weren't able to attack the Jags the same way other teams have done.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.