Not sure if already posted but...NY Post front page yesterday - Ed Oliver dumping Mike White - very humorous

Apocalypse Nuts

Mods feel free to merge or whatever needed.  Just saw this on Rich Eisen and HAD to screenshot it. 

Big Ed Oliver saying hello to Mike White on Sunday afternoon.  If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend you go back and watch this highlight and pay special attention to White's face and body language after Ed totally dumps him to the turf.  Honestly, this is one of my favorite plays of the season so far.  Love Big Ed!  He's not Aaron Donald, but I bet 99% of NFL offensive guards and centers out there would rather not have to deal with him for 4 hours.

1237983636_MikeWhitedumpedbyEdOliverNYPostfrontpage12-15-21.thumb.jpg.743d9eb7b1a37abd6e42b7cd2696c846.jpg

Does not get much better.

Also:

1945705023_CantonCanWait.thumb.jpg.09afe797c31c67aa8bd6ab648d595660.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I felt bad for this kid. He's been cut 11 times, bounced around the league and finally gets an opportunity and has a fantastic game. Gets hurt in his second start (after playing pretty well) then comes crashing down to earth the next week. He may never get another shot and that sucks for him

Now he's gonna get benched for a washed up Flacco or Sam Darnold 2.0

5 minutes ago, eball said:

The dufus didn't do himself any favors last week telling the media he felt he should have been the first overall pick.  You can say you have confidence in yourself without being ridiculous.

Exactly.  He could say "I felt I should have been drafted higher than I was" or "I've always believed I could play in the NFL if I got the opportunity".

Saying "I felt I should have been the first overall pick in 2018" to the team of the 7th overall team in 2018 is just an unnecessary throw-down.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I was at the game and kind of felt bad for him and the Jets fans. Everytime the Jets started on offense, you could hear a bunch of Jets fans “Come on Mikey!” After the score got out of hand early in the third quarter, Jets fans started leaving in masses.

You could definitely hear the chant "we want Flacco" in the 4th quarter..

• Like (+1) 1

I think they start him next week. Flacco is made of paper. He is there more to teach Wilson then to play. Jets want to see what White can do against Miami. I suspect he will have a better game. The problem was he was trying to win with hero ball when all he needed to do was lose proper i.e. make right reads, protect the ball etc. Early on he made some nice throws and reads. He went through his progressions quickly. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I think they start him next week. Flacco is made of paper. He is there more to teach Wilson then to play. Jets want to see what White can do against Miami. I suspect he will have a better game. The problem was he was trying to win with hero ball when all he needed to do was lose proper i.e. make right reads, protect the ball etc. Early on he made some nice throws and reads. He went through his progressions quickly. 

I dont know. Miami’s defense finally showed up this season last week.  They might be licking there chops after what they did to Jackson. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently Wilson isn’t 100%, which I’m not sure I believe 

Then it should be White unless he is hurt as well. I really don't care but Flacco isn't a part of their future. Honestly if one of their young QB's can play then they should start.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Mods feel free to merge or whatever needed.  Just saw this on Rich Eisen and HAD to screenshot it. 

Big Ed Oliver saying hello to Mike White on Sunday afternoon.  If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend you go back and watch this highlight and pay special attention to White's face and body language after Ed totally dumps him to the turf.  Honestly, this is one of my favorite plays of the season so far.  Love Big Ed!  He's not Aaron Donald, but I bet 99% of NFL offensive guards and centers out there would rather not have to deal with him for 4 hours.

1237983636_MikeWhitedumpedbyEdOliverNYPostfrontpage12-15-21.thumb.jpg.743d9eb7b1a37abd6e42b7cd2696c846.jpg

Does not get much better.

Also:

1945705023_CantonCanWait.thumb.jpg.09afe797c31c67aa8bd6ab648d595660.jpg

Anyone who thinks Jerry was cynical needs to look at NY sports media. Unforgiving 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw him in warm ups and he was moving fine on Sunday.  He looked ready to play then and certainly by this week.

It's a 2-4 week injury generally and we are at 4 now.  

He's so bad, you just can't play him.

Saleh is desperate right now to get a division win. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.