Josh's arm talent live

ProcessTruster

First time seeing Josh throw it live at Jets game Sunday.   Was in lower bowl watching and his ball just explodes out of there.   Even the touch throws have zero float to them.  Nothing new being posted here, just go see him from the first 20-25 rows sometime; its pretty cool as his throwing motion and release and ball flight are pretty special.   

BTW, the mafia really showed up on a cold as crap day.   Also, Hundreds tailgating inside the NJ Transit main train station in the city while waiting for train to Meadowlands was pretty unique too (there is a bar in the station..putting 16oz beers in little carry away brown paper bags at 10 30 in the morning...  only in NYC) .  

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I remember seeing the arm live for the first time at Baltimore. His first game action ever when the Bills were getting blown out.  He made one sideline out pass and it just looked different than Flacco or anyone one else.  Had so much zing to it. I always remember that pass for some reason as the Josh Allen era began.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

First time seeing Josh throw it live at Jets game Sunday.   Was in lower bowl watching and his ball just explodes out of there.   Even the touch throws have zero float to them.  Nothing new being posted here, just go see him from the first 20-25 rows sometime; its pretty cool as his throwing motion and release and ball flight are pretty special.   

BTW, the mafia really showed up on a cold as crap day.   Also, Hundreds tailgating inside the NJ Transit main train station in the city while waiting for train to Meadowlands was pretty unique too (there is a bar in the station..putting 16oz beers in little carry away brown paper bags at 10 30 in the morning...  only in NYC).  

I've seen him a lot, but Sunday I was at field level, and I have to agree with you.   He'd make what looked like ordinary throws - no big wind up, nothing special at all, but the ball kept arriving earlier than I'd expect.  And the ball kept sneaking through windows that seemed to be closing, but never in time.  And, dare I say, accurate.  Zip!  Pop!  Right on the hands.   

It wasn't wow-that's-the-most-amazing-throw-I've-ever-seen special.   It was throw-after-throw-about-as-well-thrown-as-you-could-imagine special.   

In the Rockpile Review I commented about the deep ball to Diggs up the left sideline.  The communication and comfort level between Allen and Diggs was obvious on that play - Allen knew exactly where the ball needed to be.  What was amazing is that there it was, with just a little air under it, but still with pace, dropping right where Diggs needed it to catch it in stride.  It was an exquisite throw.  

Someone posted last week some comments Sanders made in a press conference.  Sanders has said Allen's the best he's seen, and Sanders played with Ben, Peyton and Brees.   He's clearly in awe of what Allen does with a football.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I've seen him a lot, but Sunday I was at field level, and I have to agree with you.   He'd make what looked like ordinary throws - no big wind up, nothing special at all, but the ball kept arriving earlier than I'd expect.  And the ball kept sneaking through windows that seemed to be closing, but never in time.  And, dare I say, accurate.  Zip!  Pop!  Right on the hands.   

It wasn't wow-that's-the-most-amazing-throw-I've-ever-seen special.   It was throw-after-throw-about-as-well-thrown-as-you-could-imagine special.   

In the Rockpile Review I commented about the deep ball to Diggs up the left sideline.  The communication and comfort level between Allen and Diggs was obvious on that play - Allen knew exactly where the ball needed to be.  What was amazing is that there it was, with just a little air under it, but still with pace, dropping right where Diggs needed it to catch it in stride.  It was an exquisite throw.  

Someone posted last week some comments Sanders made in a press conference.  Sanders has said Allen's the best he's seen, and Sanders played with Ben, Peyton and Brees.   He's clearly in awe of what Allen does with a football.  

Allen has the tools to be the next great qb.  Lets see his mental gave evolve some and look out.  He is very close to taking the step to Elite.  Like Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers level. 

I watched a ton of cowboy games but never made the 9 hr drive down to watch him live in Laramie. Been kicking myself ever sense. I've obviously been following bills sense that draft. So my boss is a huge brady fan,eww, but I've actually think I've converted him to an allen fan now deep down. Anyways he bought tickets for us to the Tampa game in June. First time I will get to see Josh live! I'm so excited! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I want to go back in time and find the guy who invented the term "arm talent" and then kill him as a child, so the world can be free from this idiotic term.

I believe the term was coined by legendary arm wrestling commentator Butch Cannon when describing 1987 world champion Lincoln Hawk.

Said Cannon: "This Lincoln guy has a tonne of talent and 99% of it seems to reside in his right arm. The remaining 1% was reserved for manoeuvring an 18 wheeler. Shame about his weedy son, I bet that kid's balls won't drop until he's in his thirties"

over-the-top-1987.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is why some Bills fans previously thought (maybe they still do) that Allen doesn't throw it deep very often.

It's because his deep throws look like normal throws and they get there so fast that it doesn't seem like the throw could have gone so deep.

But he routinely throws deep shots and almost never puts air under them.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Allen has the tools to be the next great qb.  Lets see his mental gave evolve some and look out.  He is very close to taking the step to Elite.  Like Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers level. 

Already there...  just no titles yet, which is a bit more of a team thing.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

This is why some Bills fans previously thought (maybe they still do) that Allen doesn't throw it deep very often.

It's because his deep throws look like normal throws and they get there so fast that it doesn't seem like the throw could have gone so deep.

But he routinely throws deep shots and almost never puts air under them.

That throw to Diggs down the sideline is a prime example. It wasn’t until after we got home and watched the replay that I realized he threw the ball 50 yards through the air. Unbelievable

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.