Three unexpected studs and three duds on the Bills roster at this point in the season

BuffaloBill

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Gabriel Davis is Not a dud. He has done nothing but produce when targeted. He was also dealing with a foot injury coming out of preseason. 

That might explain the lower snap count.

Maybe it was a lingering injury and now he is back to being healthy his snap count could increase :)  

• Like (+1) 1

I believed from the beginning that Ed Oliver would be a stud this year, so it is not really unexpected to me, but in general I think he is a surprise stud to many this year. 

especially those fans who were writing him off after his rookie season. 

Additionally, for many of the same reasons Star is probably a surprise stud as well. He is a difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The regular season is better than halfway in the bag. Who are three “unexpected” studs on the Bills roster at this point and who are three duds. “Unexpected” is obviously subjective but an easy example of the “expected” would be Josh Allen.

“Unexpected” Studs:

1) Dawson Knox - the Bills look like and play like a different team when he is in the lineup - definitely a step forward this season

2) Jordan Poyer - possibly not “unexpected” but he is probably the most solid all around player in a very solid defense

3) tie Levon Wallace & Taron Johnson - The secondary has been lights out all season and these two guys have been an absolutely pleasant surprise with superb play.  

Duds:

1) Easy - Cody Ford - can’t imagine he will remain on the roster

2) Mongo - huge disappointment this year

3) Gabriel Davis - This is probably harsh as I like the guy (very much) but why has he mostly disappeared from the roster this year?

What are your thoughts?

Agree Dawson and Levi. I think Levi is quietly having his best season as a Bill. Duds - Ford, Mongo and Williams for me in the dud column. Those were three pencilled in starters on the line two guys Beane paid in the spring and so far... no buneo. Williams has looked not quite as bad at guard but he was outstanding last year and whatever the reason his play has fallen off. 

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed.  Beane wagered that Ford and Mongo would improve this season, and they've gone in the other direction.

Unfortunately , that was a high risk high reward decision.

O line has to be the elephant in the room for Beanes and Coaches .

S. Brown has been a pleasant surprise and sure has some Stud plays !

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree Dawson and Levi. I think Levi is quietly having his best season as a Bill. Duds - Ford, Mongo and Williams for me in the dud column. Those were three pencilled in starters on the line two guys Beane paid in the spring and so far... no buneo. Williams has looked not quite as bad at guard but he was outstanding last year and whatever the reason his play has fallen off. 

Do you also wonder what happened to Williams play ? he was fine on the outside with no help against some purty darned good  DE and LBs

I did not expect O line to be this out of sync what so ever :(

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, BuffaloBill said:

The regular season is better than halfway in the bag. Who are three “unexpected” studs on the Bills roster at this point and who are three duds. “Unexpected” is obviously subjective but an easy example of the “expected” would be Josh Allen.

“Unexpected” Studs:

1) Dawson Knox - the Bills look like and play like a different team when he is in the lineup - definitely a step forward this season

2) Jordan Poyer - possibly not “unexpected” but he is probably the most solid all around player in a very solid defense

3) tie Levon Wallace & Taron Johnson - The secondary has been lights out all season and these two guys have been an absolutely pleasant surprise with superb play.  

Duds:

1) Easy - Cody Ford - can’t imagine he will remain on the roster

2) Mongo - huge disappointment this year

3) Gabriel Davis - This is probably harsh as I like the guy (very much) but why has he mostly disappeared from the roster this year?

What are your thoughts?

Best overall D player is Matt Milano. Poyer is certainly in the conversation as well.

Come playoff time I think we will see a lot more of Davis. We don't want to show up injury riddled like last year.

I fully expected Dawson Knox to take a step. Cutting Hollister proved to me that the Bills were ready for him to take on a bigger role. 

The offensive line play thus far has been shoddy and inconsistent at best. IMO, the #1 weakness on this team. It's all gravy that we beat the Jets, but how will they fare against the Titans or Patriots? 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.