A Few Thought about the Jets Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Great recap, Virgil. I also read your Why this Offense is different post last week and it seemed like this week we went throwback on the offense. And it worked. I don't know why Gabe isn't in games more. He is great. It's almost like the coaches bought a new luxury toy in Sanders and now feel like they need to use him more. When Davis is more versatile. He is going to go elsewhere this season and become All World.

I like Brieda. I think I would like Antonio Williams better. They guy went to RB University. But I agreed with all 8 points in that post.

At any rate, great review.

Thank you,

Charles

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This was the get-right game we needed before this next string of 4 games, which will be a true test.

McD better have the coaches and players ready to recreate this exact performance, from playcalling and scheme to execution.

Nice to see it against the Jets, even better since they are in the division, but we'll need to see this focus and determination if we are going to survive the next month.

I’m just going to say it.  Gabe Davis is going to see much more action moving forward (the deep threat has been sorely lacking), and Sanders is going to start to kick into the slot and take some reps from Beasley.  Won’t be popular, but we will be better for it.  

And, as far as the running backs go, I’m done with all of them.  Singletary’s ball security issues are going to preclude second contract for him, Moss is the equivalent of a .250 hitter in baseball who does everything decently but nothing particularly well, and Breida is  cast best with only a few touches a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

Glad to see you back. 

This was a complete game in all 3 phases.

I really liked Allen under center, opens up a legitimate play action which we don't really have out of the shotgun and gives the RBs some momentum after the handoff.

Pearl Jam was an excellent choice...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

5 - GABE! - I don't think I realize how much I love watching this kid play until he showed up big in this game.  I get that Sanders can squeak open deep, but Davis just straight blew by his cover guy and the safety.

I agree, but a question: does GD look like he has a "play thru it" injury, like turf toe or something?

He's running....funny. Seems to have a hitch in his giddy-up. Even seen it in practice vids.

Maybe just me, but he still looks a little off.

Everything was great as usual, but I have to ask about this.

"With Edmunds, I feel like he would have stayed in the zone the whole time, discouraging the pass in the first place."

Really, what evidence do you have for this "feeling"?

Klein had a really good game because he was being asked to play a position that fits him (unlike when he had to step in for Milano last year).  But you seriously don't think Edmunds would have had an even bigger impact?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Everything was great as usual, but I have to ask about this.

"With Edmunds, I feel like he would have stayed in the zone the whole time, discouraging the pass in the first place."

Really, what evidence do you have for this "feeling"?

Klein had a really good game because he was being asked to play a position that fits him (unlike when he had to step in for Milano last year).  But you seriously don't think Edmunds would have had an even bigger impact?

Not to answer for Virgil, but as someone who feels the same way... it is tough to think that since Edmunds rarely makes much of an impact normally. For a guy with his size and reach, I would expect him to be making more plays in the middle of the field like Kuechley used to. But Edmunds hasnt been anything like that.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m just going to say it.  Gabe Davis is going to see much more action moving forward (the deep threat has been sorely lacking), and Sanders is going to start to kick into the slot and take some reps from Beasley.  Won’t be popular, but we will be better for it.  

I think this is a preview of what we will see next year as well....Beasley is in the final year of his contract, I believe, and probably won't be re-signed. I think they would make a good trio of WR's.

I like what Brieda brought to the table on the run. Not that he should be starting....but that his outside speed will keep defensive linemen and linebackers honest. 

The mckenzie jetsweep and outside run for speedy backs will ultimately save Josh Allen a lot of pain and help mask offensive line issues.

Am I crazy in thinking Singletary is the most talented RB on the team?

I just feel like hes does the most with the least. he makes defenders look silly so much. Wish he was a little bit faster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Agree with most of the write up.

Hope they stay with 3 RB active, more of Davis and McKenzie.  Klein is worth keeping around in the off season , recall a number of posters here stating he'll be cut after this year to free up $$, but great backup to have and can step in for either Edmunds or Milano.  Amazing the difference when Allen has more time to pass, but do think the line will look very different next year inside.

More of a question than a comment, posted this elsewhere too:

I'm not one to complain much about calls by the refs as just feel overall they even out and fans always think their team is way drawing the short end of the straw.

The one call I am trying to figure out was the personal foul on AJ Epinesa towards the end of the game.  They showed a replay not a very good angle though, but didn't notice anything that looked bad.  Could have been the wrong number.  Not that officials would ever make a mistake like that!

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree with most of the write up.

Hope they stay with 3 RB active, more of Davis and McKenzie.  Klein is worth keeping around in the off season , recall a number of posters here stating he'll be cut after this year to free up $$, but great backup to have and can step in for either Edmunds or Milano.  Amazing the difference when Allen has more time to pass, but do think the line will look very different next year inside.

More of a question than a comment, posted this elsewhere too:

I'm not one to complain much about calls by the refs as just feel overall they even out and fans always think their team is way drawing the short end of the straw.

The one call I am trying to figure out was the personal foul on AJ Epinesa towards the end of the game.  They showed a replay not a very good angle though, but didn't notice anything that looked bad.  Could have been the wrong number.  Not that officials would ever make a mistake like that!

I think they got him for going into the QB's legs. Cant go low. Of course, they didn't care that Epenesa was engaged with another player who pushed him down and into the QB's knees. BS call. But I believe that is what they saw that triggered the flag.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.