Gabriel Davis with Week 10’s Toe Drag Swag!

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That is a blur of nothingness,. Not sure of your point.

Dude, take it easy. 

Hold up.  A few posts up, you were citing the jets glove hand as evidence the foot behind the hand wasn’t down.  Now, with a screen shot showing the foot down, you’re dismissing it?   

On the plus side, I’ve reached out to copyright “Blur of nothingness”, and before long, you’ll be like the guy who shared the idea to create the restaurant that ultimately became Taco Bell but did not know what he had.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hold up.  A few posts up, you were citing the jets glove hand as evidence the foot behind the hand wasn’t down.  Now, with a screen shot showing the foot down, you’re dismissing it?   

On the plus side, I’ve reached out to copyright “Blur of nothingness”, and before long, you’ll be like the guy who shared the idea to create the restaurant that ultimately became Taco Bell but did not know what he had.   

Not what i am saying at all. The picture I cited with the hand showing was clear, at least to me. Blowing it up to the point where it lacks resolution only makes it a blur - akin to looking at a Monet painting close up. Regardless, I feel pretty strongly that he didn’t catch it, but I realize that’s hard to argue this on a homer board (not meant pejoratively, btw) after it gets celebrated on a lousy NFL network show. 

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not what i am saying at all. The picture I cited with the hand showing was clear, at least to me. Blowing it up to the point where it lacks resolution only makes it a blur - akin to looking at a Monet painting close up. Regardless, I feel pretty strongly that he didn’t catch it, but I realize that’s hard to argue this on a homer board (not meant pejoratively, btw) after it gets celebrated on a lousy NFL network show. 

Fair enough but it seems to me that this is exactly the type of play that the architects of “clear and convincing evidence” had in mind when considering overturning the on-the-field call.  There are questions that can be answered both ways, the on the field guy made the call and onward.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

That is a blur of nothingness,. Not sure of your point.

Dude, take it easy. 

Best I can do on a zoomed image with a 200kb upload limit.  Go ahead and die on your hill though.  You are wrong.  Blurry or not you know what that is.  Even blurred its clear as day.  Maybe you need a better monitor. 

Edited by Scott7975

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Best I can do on a zoomed image with a 200kb upload limit.  Go ahead and die on your hill though.  You are wrong.  Blurry or not you know what that is.  Even blurred its clear as day.  Maybe you need a better monitor. 

Um ... no. (And I recently bought a new high-end monitor!)

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Then maybe some glasses?

We can play this game all day, but at the end of it all we should just probably agree to disagree. As I said above, I watched it with a bunch of other folks and no one thought he caught it cleanly. But it didn't matter because a) the PI and b) it was an utter blowout.

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

We can play this game all day, but at the end of it all we should just probably agree to disagree. As I said above, I watched it with a bunch of other folks and no one thought he caught it cleanly. But it didn't matter because a) the PI and b) it was an utter blowout.

I watched it with a bunch of folks that think it was a catch so what does that mean?  It means even with no PI it wouldn't be overturned because there isn't conclusive evidence to do so. Your own video slowed down shows his right foot dragged from the behind shot.  

Yes, I will agree to disagree.

Can you seriously not tell this is a toe?  I mean just lol.  I think everyone, blurry or not, can tell that's a toe.

1744854682_ScreenShot2021-11-16at1_44_51AM.png.2fb21599f15e7b71ba4a4e237396c01c.png

Edited by Scott7975

54 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I watched it with a bunch of folks that think it was a catch so what does that mean?  It means even with no PI it wouldn't be overturned because there isn't conclusive evidence to do so. Your own video slowed down shows his right foot dragged from the behind shot.  

Yes, I will agree to disagree.

Can you seriously not tell this is a toe?  I mean just lol.  I think everyone, blurry or not, can tell that's a toe.

1744854682_ScreenShot2021-11-16at1_44_51AM.png.2fb21599f15e7b71ba4a4e237396c01c.png

Honestly, it looks like his right foot is about two inches off the ground unless he has a size 28 foot that has a bend in it with a player's glove strapped over the front. You and I are seeing different things and I'm simply not going to agree with you. That's ok.

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Honestly, it looks like his right foot is about two inches off the ground unless he has a size 28 foot that has a bend in it with a player's glove strapped over the front. You and I are seeing different things and I'm simply not going to agree with you. That's ok.

Thats not a glove.  What you are seeing is the white tape on the dudes elbow.  Sigh I wish I could share a better photo but I cannot.  Its clear as day on my screen but upload limits here are insanely small.

Gabe Davis was my break out player this year. It's truly a shame that he's not out there on the field more being utilized. We need someone out their w/ a little size. I do think going forward that he will end up a perennial thousand yard receiver. I think he makes some key plays in the post-season and it's possible (knock on wood) someone will get injured. In that case, I am more than comfortable having a fresh Gabe Davis in the starting line up.

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Gabe Davis was my break out player this year. It's truly a shame that he's not out there on the field more being utilized. We need someone out their w/ a little size. I do think going forward that he will end up a perennial thousand yard receiver. I think he makes some key plays in the post-season and it's possible (knock on wood) someone will get injured. In that case, I am more than comfortable having a fresh Gabe Davis in the starting line up.

I hope they stick him out there against the Colts. That defense will likely remember what he did in the playoffs. That might allow Diggs to get some better looks against coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I hope they stick him out there against the Colts. That defense will likely remember what he did in the playoffs. That might allow Diggs to get some better looks against coverage. 

Coming off his latest game he deserves more snaps. And like you said because of his prior success against them he should be out there.

• Agree 1

On 11/15/2021 at 2:39 PM, dave mcbride said:

His right foot isn't down there. You're seeing the Jets players glove, which blends into Davis's shoe. 

On 11/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, swimtoga said:

Just stop. It was clearly a catch. Take your L and get on with your day.

Here is every video I could find (slowed down).

Initially, I didn't think it was a catch. However, I do believe he had possession while his right foot was still down.

Here are two angles at the moment I thought he clearly had possession and it sure looks like his right foot is still on the ground. I didn't see the ball really move after this point:

1379383510_GabeDavisstillshot1a.thumb.jpg.4281ee91a7516d0797dca9162e1726b6.jpg1814292795_GabeDavisstillshot2a.thumb.jpg.92c59055c028464e8d203c95d8b257e5.jpg

I believe it is a catch. At worst, I really do not think there would have been enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, JerseyBills said:

Who do you take away snaps from? Bease or Sanders?

Sanders, 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.