2021 New York Jets Are Historically Bad

Gugny

You are 100% correct with the Jets being a complete dumpster fire which is also why Bills fans should still be realistic and not start booking tickets for LA just yet because one game/win doesn't erase the problems that better teams are going to exploit again as soon as this week against a very good Colts squad that's climbed out of an 0-3 hole to start the season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You are 100% correct with the Jets being a complete dumpster fire which is also why Bills fans should still be realistic and not start booking tickets for LA just yet because one game/win doesn't erase the problems that better teams are going to exploit again as soon as this week against a very good Colts squad that's climbed out of an 0-3 hole to start the season.

But didn't you predict a blowout win by the Jets?

So, if you thought the Jets would dominate the Bills, shouldn't we be excited about a blow out win against them?

Or, if you truly agree that the Jets are a dumpster fire and you still predicted a blowout win over the Bills (that turned out to be the exact opposite), doen't that pretty much call into question any assessment of the Bills you might have?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Johnson will never sell his cash cow. Bought the Jets for 635 million in 2000. They are valued at 4.05 billion today. Jets fans are stuck with the Johnson's. The chances they turn it around are slim under his ownership.

No one is worse than the Fords of Detroit.

Funny line from jets forum re undisciplined play:

"The penalties are the cherry on top of the suck"

(Sorry have to add another I just saw. Win poverty begets genius)

Once burned is normal
Twice burned is foolish
Thrice is heracy
Four times is Jetsian

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Can I rent you for a party.  It's going to be a Jonestown theme, so you'll be perfect!

• Haha (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

Johnson will never sell his cash cow. Bought the Jets for 635 million in 2000. They are valued at 4.05 billion today. Jets fans are stuck with the Johnson's. The chances they turn it around are slim under his ownership.

It must be insanely frustrating to be a Jets fan. Because it isn’t like the Johnson family isn’t willing to spend money on the team. They are never afraid to go up to the cap and they seemingly are willing to spend for other aspects. 

I don’t know if Woody Johnson is a meddling owner like James Dolan (who may have finally decided to get out of his own way) or if he is just constantly making bad decisions with coaching/GM hires due to bad luck.

20 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I like Saleh and, as we all know, it is tough to turn around a franchise mired in a losing culture. I'll see what he does over the next couple of years before I say he wasn't a good hire.

I feel sorry for him. That D is seriously talent deficient. I reckoned at the start of the year they had three guys on the entire D who would start on other teams - Quinnen Williams, CJ Mosely (who hadn't played in two years) and Marcus Maye (who is a straight up stud) - the rest are backup level players at best. The two guys he had brought in who would otherwise be on that list - Vinny Curry and Carl Lawson lost for the year. Then he finds a gem in a 2nd round UDFA who is getting pressure the first 6 weeks (when they D was doing okay) then he goes down for the year too. Then Maye goes down for the year. 

I mean their top corner is Bryce Hall - a 2nd year 5th rounder of limited athletic ability. They have made some progress on the oline, that is better than it has been even with Becton missing every game since week 1, they have a bit of life at receiver with Davis and Moore they have a promising do it all runner in Michael Carter, but they need to spend major resources on that defense. And of course they need Wilson to hit.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel sorry for him. That D is seriously talent deficient. I reckoned at the start of the year they had three guys on the entire D who would start on other teams - Quinnen Williams, CJ Mosely (who hadn't played in two years) and Marcus Maye (who is a straight up stud) - the rest are backup level players at best. The two guys he had brought in who would otherwise be on that list - Vinny Curry and Carl Lawson lost for the year. Then he finds a gem in a 2nd round UDFA who is getting pressure the first 6 weeks (when they D was doing okay) then he goes down for the year too. Then Maye goes down for the year. 

I mean their top corner is Bryce Hall - a 2nd year 5th rounder of limited athletic ability. They have made some progress on the oline, that is better than it has been even with Becton missing every game since week 1, they have a bit of life at receiver with Davis and Moore they have a promising do it all runner in Michael Carter, but they need to spend major resources on that defense. And of course they need Wilson to hit.  

Yup. And Rex's character assassination of Saleh given this grim situation is really low.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Gugny said:
  • The Jets have allowed 175 points in their past four games, the second most allowed in a four-game span by any team since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger.

For some perspective, the 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense gave up 165 points ... over the entire regular season.

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.