Najee Harris didn't realize "you could tie"

Taro Nimbus

16 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

Ties are lame. Why haven't they changed that yet? Just seems like a waste of time really.

Actually they have, several times. Until 1974 the game ended after 60 minutes, no OT except for playoffs. From 1974 until 2011 there was a 15 minute sudden death overtime. In 2012 the first possession must be a TD rule was added, if the receiving team scored a field goal they had to kickoff and the other team got a possession to tie or win. In 2017 the length of overtime was reduced to 10 minutes for player safety.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The craziest part to me is how do you get to that level without following the NFL? There's multiple ties a year? You made it 21years old, wanting to be a pro, having pro aspirations in college, and you never saw a tie in nfl scores? Or on SportsCenter? Not even being critical, just more of a how do you not learn this even by accident???

You get to that level in the NFL because glorified tabloids found a way to sell everything but winning, things like sports drinks and shoes and underwear. You bully and manipulate your way in. You drive out out good people. Things like green grass, blue skies, cheering crowds, and colorful festivals mean nothing to you, let alone teamwork and a shared cultural history. All that matters is what's in your belly and what's between your legs. This freak show all exists because grotesque owners took advantage of the trust we gave them and only fed their reckless ambition and gluttony. Everything is brought down. Nothing is lifted up.

16 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Actually they have, several times. Until 1974 the game ended after 60 minutes, no OT except for playoffs. From 1974 until 2011 there was a 15 minute sudden death overtime. In 2012 the first possession must be a TD rule was added, if the receiving team scored a field goal they had to kickoff and the other team got a possession to tie or win. In 2017 the length of overtime was reduced to 10 minutes for player safety.

I mean, why haven't they changed it so that games cannot end in a tie. W or L only. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I thought adults might know how to spell know. Crazy me! 

Actually technically there are no spelling errors, but a grammatical error. So leave House alone!!!

GIF by gochirp giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9p2199sh801vho9bvf

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Agreed.  They should just do a shootout after 10 minutes.  But its FGs at the same goalpost.  Start at 50, then move backwards.  No increased chance of injury or anything.

well, of course we all would love this.  We'd win every time with Bass! 

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, the poor kid. I hope he doesn't get picked on at school today.

ha, I'm sure Harris is getting a ribbing from his teammates.  I'd pull a prank, put a bunch of ties in his locker or something.    

Is he related to Donovan McNabb?  Funny thing about McNabb was he wasn't a rookie when he didn't know.  He was in the league 8 or 9 years when he said this:

“I’ve never been a part of a tie,” McNabb said. “I never even knew that was in the rule book. It’s part of the rules and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to getting the opportunity to get out there and try to drive to win the game. But, unfortunately, with the rules, we settled with a tie.”

“In college, there are multiple overtimes, and in high school and Pop Warner. I never knew in the professional ranks it would end that way. I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and the playoffs.”

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Is he related to Donovan McNabb?  Funny thing about McNabb was he wasn't a rookie when he didn't know.  He was in the league 8 or 9 years when he said he didn't know it was possible to tie.

Yeah, didn't these kids grow up watching football?

I understand that ties are rare, but they must have seen at least one tie in their lifetime, no?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well, of course we all would love this.  We'd win every time with Bass! 

ha, I'm sure Harris is getting a ribbing from his teammates.  I'd pull a prank, put a bunch of ties in his locker or something.    

Would be fun for kickers too! Or they could do it like Horse.  Put the ball wherever they want and the other guy has to try and kick from there.  Get some weird rugby angle kicks

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Would be fun for kickers too! Or they could do it like Horse.  Put the ball wherever they want and the other guy has to try and kick from there.  Get some weird rugby angle kicks

It's a team sport. The last thing that should decide an entire overtime is kickers having a field goal contest. 

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do you think there is a rule that everything has to be Bills related? General NFL discussion is allowed, last time I checked.

Especially when it's easy to just not click, it's obviously not Bills related looking at the title. Like it or not, there are 31 other teams, and everything related to those teams is 2nd tier Bills news. Most people in here follow the league. We wait all year for football season and this guy has a front wedgie about football talk 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do you think there is a rule that everything has to be Bills related? General NFL discussion is allowed, last time I checked.

Being a Bills fan 1st and foremost by a mile. Being a more casual Bama fan. ( we face two former Bama QB's and this has forced my hand ) Being stuck in Steelers territory. Given how Buffalo could have went in a different direction in the 1st and drafted Najee Harris.

I like this thread, lol

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.