Your thoughts on AJ Klein

HOUSE

Very solid 3rd LB in a 2 LB scheme.  

Contract IS a bit rich for a backup LB.

Should be cut after the season if he doesn’t take a pay cut.  400k dead cap is better than an almost 6M cap hit to keep him.  

I’d be happy if we brought him back for 1-2M a year as a backup.

• Disagree 1

He played sideline to sideline, put on a great pass rush, and covered his drop back zone area very nicely.  I also didn't see him bouncing off anyone's ankles during a tackle,....cough cough.  Thinking he should be seeing the field a lot more even when everyone is healthy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

AJ’s skill set is definitely different than Milano and Edmunds, but he brings a sort of violence to the game that is unique. After that awful start he had filling in early last season, he has been terrific in the role they’ve designed for him. He gets in the backfield and really lays the wood.

I remember how bad he looked last year until his amazing game against Seattle.  He's a different style of MLB then Tremaine and fans will just have to get used to it. We're very fortunate to have this depth.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

A.J. Klein signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $1,200,000 signing bonus, $11,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000.

image.png.9e222dbfd502dfccc5fa1a02ba600f8a.png

Earned his keep as a top end BU that can play both Milanos and Edmunds spots is needed.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Very solid 3rd LB in a 2 LB scheme.  

Contract IS a bit rich for a backup LB.

Should be cut after the season if he doesn’t take a pay cut.  400k dead cap is better than an almost 6M cap hit to keep him.  

I’d be happy if we brought him back for 1-2M a year as a backup.

I kind of doubt he is going anywhere but we shall see, one of McD's boys

Edited by HOUSE
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Process said:

We are paying a backup LB $6,000,000 a year?

Wtf?

McBeane really needs to get better with his spending..way too much money spent on average players / situational guys.

I was very happy with Klien until I saw the OP.

He was paid to be a Starting SLB.  Then the Defense changed to running a Nickle over 90% of the game.  His next contract in Buffalo will reflect the BU status.  

Klein and Edmunds have different playing styles, and I'm glad the coaches figured out how to play to his strengths instead of asking him to just be like Edmunds. Given that, I'd love to see him and Edmunds rotated based on the down/distance/gametime situations. Let each one use his strengths when they're needed and, like the D-line rotations, keep everyone fresh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.