Your thoughts on AJ Klein

HOUSE

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

A.J. Klein signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $1,200,000 signing bonus, $11,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000.

image.png.9e222dbfd502dfccc5fa1a02ba600f8a.png

I would not put too much into anyone looking great against the Jets,  let's see how things play out against a stronger team like the Colts

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Just because Klein hits hard and makes point of impact plays in one game we have people thinking he makes Edmunds expendable. 
keep in mind the Bills D gave up their highest passing total of the season yesterday. That’s Mike White and Old-ass Joe Flacco doing that. C’mon people. I thought we were beyond overlooking Edmunds overall value to the Bills. What he brings to this D goes beyond his stats and eye-popping plays. Several of those big passes over the middle (especially the third and longs) would not have happened if 49 is playing yesterday. He’s too long, fast and smart to give that ish up. 

Know l know this is Edmunds ghost post

• Haha (+1) 1

When he misses a tackle he misses it at the line where a middle LB is supposed to be, not 10 or 15 yards away from the hole getting pushed backwards like Edmunds. The defense is clearly better with him than with Edmunds. I have no idea why this isn't mutually agreed on. I feel like I'm in crazy world 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

A.J. Klein signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $1,200,000 signing bonus, $11,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000.

image.png.9e222dbfd502dfccc5fa1a02ba600f8a.png

My opinion ? Pay for him everything ! Jokes a part… i love the way this guy play every game.. great approach and also very good feeling for the game. 
i’ll keep him without hesitation.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

What AJ Klein lacks in speed he makes up with instincts.   He struggled early on last year as he was adjusting to the defense but as the season progressed he ended up playing really good football.  Every time he steps on the field he seems to play well.  I'm not sure the Bills will be able to keep both he and Edmunds but he is a very nice luxury to have.  I'm glad we have him.

Came here to say this. His instincts are incredible. He thinks like a true linebacker. If only he had the athleticism of Edmunds (or vice versa).

Edited by Frostbite
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He was a beast yesterday. He tackles the way a MLB is supposed to tackle. It looks like a panther engulfing it’s prey. Whereas Edmunds height often has him going right over the top of the target. I don’t know that AJ makes Edmunds expendable but it does give the Bills plenty of leverage in negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Came here to say this. His instincts are incredible. He thinks like a true linebacker. If only he had the athleticism of Edmunds (or vice versa).

I spent a lot of time watching him yesterday, the guy is a bruiser and he is rarely out of position.

• Like (+1) 1

Were going to need Klein in the mix next week as Taylor on the Colts is the real deal. The Colts are a real test for the Bills. and will give us a good sense of where this team is. A win and the Bills make a decent statement, lose and I'm not sure you can take them serious as a SB contender. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

When he misses a tackle he misses it at the line where a middle LB is supposed to be, not 10 or 15 yards away from the hole getting pushed backwards like Edmunds. The defense is clearly better with him than with Edmunds. I have no idea why this isn't mutually agreed on. I feel like I'm in crazy world 

You are. You are indeed in Crazy World. That's why everyone but a few nutballs disagrees.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

He rarely misses tackles, and yesterday he was near 'gentle' doing so compared to some of the hits he brings ha ha. I'd like at times for him to play along Edmunds and Milano, he has done so probably less than a dozen times... but then the Bills D is clicking so why change it? Maybe against run heavy offenses like the Pats* and the Ravens (... or Tennessee)

Some people forget he was named DPOW last year!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He was a beast yesterday. He tackles the way a MLB is supposed to tackle. It looks like a panther engulfing it’s prey. Whereas Edmunds height often has him going right over the top of the target. I don’t know that AJ makes Edmunds expendable but it does give the Bills plenty of leverage in negotiations.

He isn't leverage, but that's OK because the Bills have Edmunds for another year and the year after that they've got money. And both sides want to make a deal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

This is thread is so positive it’s making me feel weird. 

We're 6-3. And we've probably got the best D in football, though one or two others might well challenge us by the end of the year.

Why wouldn't it be positive?

Didn't you get enough negative last week? We weren't even playoff-worthy anymore to a few out there.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.