Your thoughts on AJ Klein

HOUSE

A.J. Klein signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $1,200,000 signing bonus, $11,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000.

image.png.9e222dbfd502dfccc5fa1a02ba600f8a.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4

He looked great yesterday; then again, the Jets made everyone on this Defense look great yesterday.

But, with Klein the Bills have a more than capable backup at Linebacker, and that is a big asset in the NFL where injuries can change a season for a team. I like him in the role we have for him. It's not a catastrophe when Milano or Edmunds go down.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He looked great yesterday; then again, the Jets made everyone on this Defense look great yesterday.

But, with Klein the Bills have a more than capable backup at Linebacker, and that is a big asset in the NFL where injuries can change a season for a team. I like him in the role we have for him. It's not a catastrophe when Milano or Edmunds go down.

AJ’s skill set is definitely different than Milano and Edmunds, but he brings a sort of violence to the game that is unique. After that awful start he had filling in early last season, he has been terrific in the role they’ve designed for him. He gets in the backfield and really lays the wood.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I think having Klein gives the Bills great leverage in their negotiations with Edmunds...👍

Klien is a free argent in 2023, same as Edmunds. I doubt the agent or team would allow for such short sightedness to have any legitimate impact on offers from the team or on expectations from the player and agent. 

20 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I was discussing with some friends yesterday the idea of having them use Klein situationally, or in a specific package. Then you remember the Bills defense is and has played lights out all season. I doubt they’ll mess with the their current formula and I think you’re right on the money here. 

Let’s not overreact to a single game and instead appreciate him as a very reliable depth player on a defense that plans to make a deep run into the playoffs. He’ll likely be needed at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think he is a throw back to the days of hard hitting laying the smack down his play says it all type LB.

He is is a mentor to to the young LB's and when he he needs to come in he plays all out.

I love him and think his contribution is underrated :)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

People only like him because he's a backup. He's a good contributor on the field in a very limited role and having to play him in short spurts or spot starts is fine, but he's not as close to being good as the top two.

Is this Trumaine Edmunds ? I know its you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

19 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

People only like him because he's a backup. He's a good contributor on the field in a very limited role and having to play him in short spurts or spot starts is fine, but he's not as close to being good as the top two.

When the Bills first deployed him last year due to injuries he was put in the wrong role.

This made him look like bad fit which made some of the fans turn on him.

When they allowed him to play seek and destroy he was far more effective.

• Like (+1) 5

Just because Klein hits hard and makes point of impact plays in one game we have people thinking he makes Edmunds expendable. 
keep in mind the Bills D gave up their highest passing total of the season yesterday. That’s Mike White and Old-ass Joe Flacco doing that. C’mon people. I thought we were beyond overlooking Edmunds overall value to the Bills. What he brings to this D goes beyond his stats and eye-popping plays. Several of those big passes over the middle (especially the third and longs) would not have happened if 49 is playing yesterday. He’s too long, fast and smart to give that ish up. 

Edited by JY422
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What AJ Klein lacks in speed he makes up with instincts.   He struggled early on last year as he was adjusting to the defense but as the season progressed he ended up playing really good football.  Every time he steps on the field he seems to play well.  I'm not sure the Bills will be able to keep both he and Edmunds but he is a very nice luxury to have.  I'm glad we have him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Just because Klein hits hard and makes point of impact plays in one game we have people thinking he makes Edmunds expendable. 
keep in mind the Bills D gave up their highest passing total of the season yesterday. That’s Mike White and Old-ass Joe Flacco doing that. C’mon people. I thought we were beyond overlooking Edmunds overall value to the Bills. What he brings to this D goes beyond his stats and eye-popping plays. Several of those big passes over the middle (especially the third and longs) would not have happened if 49 is playing yesterday. He’s to long, fast and smart to give the ish up. 

I think we can safely waive Edmunds now

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

When the Bills first deployed him last year due to injuries he was put in the wrong role.

This made him look like bad fit which made some of the fans turn on him.

When they allowed him to play seek and destroy he was far more effective.

Yea he is a vertical player only IMO. I think he is much better in that MLB role that Edmunds plays than he is when he fills in for Milano. He is poor going laterally but get him going up the field and he is a really solid football player. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.