Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The one game the Bills did not stay in their base nickel D was against the titans and they got shredded. Hopefully they learned to adjust after that film. 

??? Against Tennessee, Taron Johnson took 94% of the snaps so Bills were in NIckel 94% of the time. 

6% AJ Klein, but I didn't notice him doing anything that was particularly responsible for the loss?

I mean it's 3 plays, he had 1 tackle and 1 assist.

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Pretty sure his long 76 yard throw against Baltimore was just a little dump off to Taylor on the sideline, and Taylor did the rest.

Yup that was it.  First Indy possession of the game.  1 and 10 false start.  1 and 15 incomplete.  2nd and 15 incomplete.  3rd and 15 little dump off to Taylor behind the LOS (not even at sideline) and BAMMO, 76 yds, TD with Wink Martindale suffering a hypertensive episode on the sideline

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Pretty sure his long 76 yard throw against Baltimore was just a little dump off to Taylor on the sideline, and Taylor did the rest.

Yea, I didn’t check into the specifics. Thank you for clarifying. I didn’t mean to mislead anyone. 
Sure sounds like the Bills on O and D need to do what they do best and see if they can take care of business.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The one game the Bills did not stay in their base nickel D was against the titans and they got shredded. Hopefully they learned to adjust after that film. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??? Against Tennessee, Taron Johnson took 94% of the snaps so Bills were in NIckel 94% of the time. 

6% AJ Klein, but I didn't notice him doing anything that was particularly responsible for the loss?

Good gouge, Hapless.

@YoloinOhio did you even watch the game??

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually, I'm here to learn if we had any practice squad elevations this week.

Did I miss it up-thread?  It's 4 pm Saturday, isn't it?

I only know that we protected DTs Ankou and Bryant and DB Josh Thomas.  I haven't seen anything on elevations.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually, I'm here to learn if we had any practice squad elevations this week.

Did I miss it up-thread?  It's 4 pm Saturday, isn't it?

No elevations yet but I don’t think the deadline is today. I think that is only for actual roster moves. Bryant was elevated last Sunday morning when Star went on the covid list . 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No elevations yet but I don’t think the deadline is today. I think that is only for actual roster moves. Bryant was elevated last Sunday morning when Star went on the covid list . 

I thought the deadline was 4 pm today unless there was a gameday Covid list addition?  The Bills got to elevate Bryant last Sunday because they had a gameday add to the Covid list (Star L.).  They can also take a player off of the Covid list on gameday if they are able to do so.

But I could be wrong. 

I guess "no news is good news"

I'm going to pick the Bills to win, 29-17 .

This game has a vibe similar to the 49ers game. We are facing a tough, albeit flawed opponent. Even though Bills are down, people underscore how well we can do tough. 

12-2 over last 2 years at home. 

I know the Jags game was rough, but over the past 2 years, the team has :

-played top rushing teams well.

-played top defenses well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought the deadline was 4 pm today unless there was a gameday Covid list addition?  The Bills got to elevate Bryant last Sunday because they had a gameday add to the Covid list (Star L.).  They can also take a player off of the Covid list on gameday if they are able to do so.

But I could be wrong. 

I guess "no news is good news"

Oh maybe that is the case 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh maybe that is the case 

Well, if I'm correct, it's interesting because it has us going into the game with 3 DL which is unusual given McD "I must rotate my DL!" philosophy

Last week, as you note, we elevated Brandin Bryant when Lotulelei went out, although he wasn't active in the game.  Just seems odd we wouldn't want to go into the game with 4 DL.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

These are the rules on that

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, if I'm correct, it's interesting because it has us going into the game with 3 DL which is unusual given McD "I must rotate my DL!" philosophy

Last week, as you note, we elevated Brandin Bryant when Lotulelei went out, although he wasn't active in the game.  Just seems odd we wouldn't want to go into the game with 4 DL.

Especially against this OL and RB

• Agree 1

People have PTSD from the Jax game.

The Colts have no business beating the Bills and their defense. In fact, I don't think they score more than 17 points. Wentz is average and this isn't the pourous Run defense of the past. I'm pretty darn confident. I think Colts will make it interesting at first, but Buffalo will cruise in the 2nd half. 31-17 Buffalo ! 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Colts have no business beating the Bills and their defense. In fact, I don't think they score more than 17 points. Wentz is average and this isn't the pourous Run defense of the past. I'm pretty darn confident. I think Colts will make it interesting at first, but Buffalo will cruise in the 2nd half. 31-17 Buffalo ! 

It’s crazy isn’t it?? Lose to Jacksonville and all of a sudden people are saying they would be surprised if the Bills even beat the Jets and I have also been reading people say all week that several Bills will need to play the games of their lives to barely beat the Colts-it’s madness, madness I tell you!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

My PTSD is from the Tennessee game, actually, but I suppose since they're now leading the AFC by 2 games, they might be a better team than I thought at the time we played them.

OK, yeah, the Jax game added to the pile.

31 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hope you're right

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.