Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There was an article, I think in TBN, on what exactly happens at halftime.  I've been looking for it...anyway, in the article, Frazier talks about how they don't like to really change the game plan because they feel it sends a wrong message to the players "we've worked on this all week and now you're giving it up so quickly"

To me, that is not an ideal way to conduct a game strategy, its the same as saying that they don’t have nor want a viable plan “B” when plan “A” isn’t working,  if I’m a player, I would not find that attitude comforting…, it’s has been the root cause of all of our losses this year, oh well…, 

Go Bills!!!

I had become extremely nervous about this game due to injuries. After listening to a couple of podcasts, I am a little more at ease. Matt Parrino & Ryan Talbot on their Shout podcast did a great job of breaking it down.  Joe Buscaglia on the Athletic podcast also previews the game with the Colts beat writer for the Athletic.  Both of these podcasts give great info. If you are looking for some numbers and analysis to help you feel better about the Bills chances, give them a listen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Smith said:

The best way to beat Indy is throw on them.  They have no pas rush and their DBs are banged up bad.  The DC game plan is to make them throw and not let Taylor run.    When Wince throws more than 41 times the Colts are 0-4.  

He becomes a TO machine.  

Allen has more 2 more turnovers than Wentz’s 6

• Shocked 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:39 AM, GunnerBill said:

Not true - that was a great DB class. Lattimore, Humphrey and White have all emerged from it to be top 10 corners, Shaquille Griffin was in the class, I liked Sideny Jones as well in college although post that pretty gruesome injury he has not performed to his potential in the NFL. White has been the best of the bunch though, no doubt. I had Lattimore #1 and White and Humphrey tied #2, Jones #4 and Adoree Jackson (who has been a bit of a disappointment) #5. It was the class of Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Budda Baker too. Was the best class of DB prospects I have ever evaluated coming out. I had something like 25 of my top 100 players that year as DBs. They haven't all worked out, they never do, but that was a really good class. 

Well you are sorta' straw-manning here.

You quote that I'm wrong about the CB draft...........but then you go on about DB's in general.    Two different arguments.

That 2017 draft didn't have a true superstar at the top nor a bunch of CB's with both good overall track records but also running sub 4.4's............there were a lot of question marks.   Tre White wasn't a workout warrior but he was everything else.   That's what I liked about him.

In hindsight Lattimore and Humphrey got put in great situations and have done well(Humphrey less-so without the normal fierce Ravens pass rush support this year).   But yeah.......White IS the best of the bunch.........though none of the successes have been Jalen Ramsey or Stephon Gilmore level good.    Even at the time Lattimore was basically at best Gilmore but with A LOT of injury concerns........so NOT a dynamic looking group.

But again........part of me watching the CB's in season was also considering who would fit well on a Bills roster desperate for safety help.   As you know.........I would almost never pick any safety in round 1.........so White was intriguing to me because I thought he could do both at a high level.   The Bills were loaded at CB at the time with Gilmore(franchise option) and Darby under team control.......but you can never have enough if you end up playing a lot of man.    When the scheme changed and they inexplicably let Gilmore walk for nothing.......that elevated White to an asset of much greater value to the Bills.

Also keep in mind........this was still around the time when you had takes like "Shaq Lawson is the 9th overall player on my board in the entire draft"...........

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which is why I’ve developed a twitch this week having to hear all the “which Josh will show up?” narrative's from all the media outlets. Idiots seem to have traveled back in time to early 2019 just because of a down game against the Jags. It’s nauseating.   

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 11/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, JGMcD2 said:

You made 1 comment about Tre White prior to the draft, you mentioned 2011 5th round pick Johnny White more than you mentioned Tre’Davious White.

The 1 comment you made was nothing close to a comment with conviction about Tre White being the top corner in the draft. You said he would be a RD2 or RD3 pick… does that mean you didn’t have any CB rated as RD1 picks in 2017?

Then you didn’t discuss the player for about 5 months… until all of a sudden with only one prior instance of discussing Tre’Davious White on the message board, you say he’s your favorite corner. 

For you to make the comment upthread that you were the only person to have Tre White rated as the #1 CB on this message board would have required you to have definitively said something of the sort leading up to the draft. 

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

I'd suggest you stay out of the investigative journalist field. 

As I've said.........I don't dig up my work to prove something to a random reader of my post.........there are literally thousands of people reading this forum every day.   Pretty sure you just floated to the surface here when the toilet got flushed at BuffaloBills.com message board..........if you were wrong enough to be there instead of here THEN.......well you have a tendency to be really wrong, IMO.

So you went half-assed looking hoping to find nothing..........and instead very quickly came away with circumstantial evidence that suggests you were wrong about my approval of White..........so you've decided you were....... right??   Mmkay.  

Keep in mind......... @Logic declared that I have been a critic of Tre White........anyone who reads my stuff regularly.........and now you after seeing the post declaring the pick a success..........knows that is not correct.   Did you see me demanding that he provide evidence?   I simply refuted it because I know he's wrong.  

So your problem is the perception that I didn't "bang the table" for Tre White?   I rarely do that for anyone.

For instance the only player I really advocated for PRIOR to the 2014 draft was Aaron Donald.   I started a thread,  gave my reasons.   Left it at that.   A lot of people thought he was more of a mid-late first rounder.....some even felt he didn't belong in round 1.   Probably the least responded too thread started in my entire time on TSW. :lol:  He ended up being what I said he would........an instant smash success.......and now he's easily been the best player from that draft........maybe the best defensive player picked at all since then.   But I didn't bang the table 100 times then either so I guess it doesn't count.    

A high volume of speculation about acquiring players doesn't will it into existence.   If we are going to get into repetitive discussion I prefer discussing things that are more within team control.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

To me, that is not an ideal way to conduct a game strategy, its the same as saying that they don’t have nor want a viable plan “B” when plan “A” isn’t working,  if I’m a player, I would not find that attitude comforting…, it’s has been the root cause of all of our losses this year, oh well…, 

Go Bills!!!

Pretty sure I recall an interview with Walt Corey during the Superbowl years where he said they basically sketched out a new scheme on the sideline during the game and implemented and won the game "We became geniuses"

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Why is Kay on GMFB saying that the Patriots are in first place in the AFC East heading into the weekend.  Pats are 7-4 [.636 win %] Bills are 6-3 [.667 win%].

Let it roll. The hope is that this somehow results in the Bills as a home dog on MNF vs a rookie QB. Manufacturing the chip on the shoulder has been tougher this year. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, JGMcD2 said:

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

If you want to see what @BADOLBILZ banging the table for a player looks like, you should look up his Mike Gillisee takes!

14 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If you want to see what @BADOLBILZ banging the table for a player looks like, you should look up his Mike Gillisee takes!

26]

New England PatriotsEdit

On April 24, 2017, was signed by the New England Patriots. He was offered contracts by both the Bills and the Patriots, but the Bills declined to match the offer made by the Patriots. Gillislee signed for the Patriots on a two-year, $6.4 million deal.[27] In order to sign him, the Patriots had to give up a 2017 5th round draft pick that was used to select Matt Milano.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gillislee

i forgot how that all went down so I looked it up and 😱

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I had become extremely nervous about this game due to injuries. After listening to a couple of podcasts, I am a little more at ease. Matt Parrino & Ryan Talbot on their Shout podcast did a great job of breaking it down.  Joe Buscaglia on the Athletic podcast also previews the game with the Colts beat writer for the Athletic.  Both of these podcasts give great info. If you are looking for some numbers and analysis to help you feel better about the Bills chances, give them a listen. 

Hey.  You got linkies, there, Bro?  Would like to take you up on the suggestion.

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Which is why I’ve developed a twitch this week having to hear all the “which Josh will show up?” narrative's from all the media outlets. Idiots seem to have traveled back in time to early 2019 just because of a down game against the Jags. It’s nauseating.   

I agree, bro. “Oh no, it’s 2018 Josh”.

I also think some are even starting to act like we’re still in the drought when it comes to their fandom about the whole team.

I realize that stats are not everything but there’s so many stats that tell us how good we are offensively, defensively, player-wise and even as a whole team and some act like we’re just some middling team. It’s kind of crazy.

Edited by BillsFan619

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Bills have outscored opponents by 145 points this season, and the best point differential through 10 games in franchise history is plus-138 (1990).

They currently rank second in points per game (31.1) and first in points allowed per game (15.0), meaning they could become the first team since the 2007 Patriots to lead the NFL in both scoring offense and scoring defense in Week 11 or later.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32654151/nfl-week-11-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-more#indbuf

And still they are 5-5….

Holy cow … it seems we are playing against the NFL defending champion. Well, they are not ! 
Are they a quality team ? Yes —- We better, no doubt.

Do they have a very good RB ? Yes —- this where we pay the price every week, so no something new

Are they a superbowl caliber team ? No —- we are

Do they have a top 5 QB ? No —- we do, a top 3

Is their record till now so good ? No —- our is, even with that painful Jags meltdown

Well… we are playing at home, full of the best fans in the NFL and a top 3 wild environment… let’s play this game like it was a playoff one.
Let’s just do three things: play a very physical game on D, because sometimes we are too “clean”, find a way to give all the protection Josh need to give him time to read and throw.. and cut stupid penalties, we need to stay inside 50/60 penalty yards, not more… take care of this three aspects and i’m sure we’ll come away with a good W, not easy, but a good one, not on the wire. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.