Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I believe that this is a statement game for the Bills. Shorthanded or not, it's more about the team's mindset for me. Will they show the same dominant style they showed against Jets. 

No question about it.  The vultures are ready to descend upon Orchard Park; headlines are already being written about the Bills being paper tigers.  This game could legitimately make or break the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Teef pays my cell phone and sends me a package of Omaha steaks once a month.  

I’ve been meaning to tell you that I’m cutting off the steaks, and the cell phone contract will now be cricket.  

33 minutes ago, eball said:

No question about it.  The vultures are ready to descend upon Orchard Park; headlines are already being written about the Bills being paper tigers.  This game could legitimately make or break the season.

Are you saying that headlines can derail the season?  I agree this is an important game, but most important is getting to the playoffs healthy and playing well.  Additionally, if we take care of the business with the Pats (they didnt look too scary last night) we will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

I’ve been meaning to tell you that I’m cutting off the steaks, and the cell phone contract will now be cricket.  

Can I have The Perfect Stranger's theme song as my ringtone on my new phone?

Can I replace the steaks with fish?  Like asian style salty mackerel?  They're in the frozen section next to the turtles at the Korean market.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

I was thinking about this this morning: With all the turmoil and questions about this team right now, and the chaos that has been the current NFL season (upsets, Covid benching, etc.), I am beginning to adjust my expectation about the playoffs. With the loss to Tennessee, our odds of being the #1 seed are low, very low--we would need a lot of help to get there. I now think the most realistic goal is the AFC East title, and host a round one playoff game. That is doable, even with the current difficulties. Should anything else happen (key injuries, more Covid, another dumb loss, etc.), the goal may need to be to just to survive and make the playoffs, and then roll your dice there. The Bills are capable of beating any team in the AFC. So while not ideal, with any more big setbacks, just surviving this dip and getting in may the most realistic expectation we should have. And then we see what happens.

Not giving in, I still think we could be the #1 (I do feel at full strength, we are the best AFC team), but trying to be real.

I bet most fans of every playoff hopefull in the AFC feel this way right now (as far as worrying about making the playoffs).  However, what seperates the Bills from these other teams is that the Bills have the #1 defense in the NFL, one of the top quaterbacks,  some excellent playmakers on offense and defense, great coaching, and playoff experience.  There is a reason that the Bills still have the best odds to win the superbowl as far as Vegas is concerned (+600). The Jacksonville loss was terrible, and made us feel terrible, but the Bills remain one of the top teams in the NFL, who should absolutely make the playoffs and be one of the top seeds.  But I do understand the angst, especially with New England right behind us; given our history with that team over the last 20 years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People are still worried about home field throughout?

Hell I'm worried about MAKING the playoffs. The potential is there this week to drop from the two seed to seven.

Home field throughout is a pipe dream at this point.

Bro, I know anything could happen.

That said, our projection to make the playoffs is 98%. We have one of the highest projections to make the playoffs in the whole league.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

That said, our projection to make the playoffs is 98%. We have one of the highest projections to make the playoffs in the whole league.

I think a lot of people here are just too damaged from the drought. We’re all just waiting for the rug to get pulled out from under us. The bills are a good team. At least I think so.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Wait, the Bills are good?

They are also the favorites to win the SB, lol. 

This thread is embarrassing. Hopefully the mods will delete it after the game and we can pretend it never happened.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People are still worried about home field throughout?

Hell I'm worried about MAKING the playoffs. The potential is there this week to drop from the two seed to seven.

Home field throughout is a pipe dream at this point.

With the Steelers and chargers playing each other this week it’s mathematically impossible for the bills to drop all the way to the seventh seed even in the worst case scenario this weekend. Not that dropping down to the fifth or sixth seed is any more comforting though.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I think with the offense it is easy to fall into a dont panic mindset.  Allen will get it.  The plays maybe be right but more is going into not making the play than Allen seeing it.

I think Mcdermott needs to use more authority game day.  Hey we cant block so and so switch it up.  Help so and so on passing plays.  More nuanced.  No play calling, no scheme change.  Simple nudge here and there.  Basically, control the game.  

Buffalo scores 21 to 29 the offense has issues.  I think the struggle on offense is slightly over stated.  They have been statistically, very good.  A perfect offensive performance Buffalo might score 70 points.  

I agree with your description of how it can be handled, it does appear that within, say a quarter, or a half, even minor adjustments don’t happen when the O or D is having issues, I’m just a fan, but it appears that there is a fair bit of stubbornness / reluctance on the coaches behalf to tweak what they are doing, within a game, when their game plan is not working so well, jmo.

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree with your description of how it can be handled, it does appear that within, say a quarter, or a half, even minor adjustments don’t happen when the O or D is having issues, I’m just a fan, but it appears that there is a fair bit of stubbornness / reluctance on the coaches behalf to tweak what they are doing, within a game, when their game plan is not working so well, jmo.

Go Bills!!!

Mcdermott lets his coaches coach and call games for the most part un interrupted.  Last year he got heavily involved on the defense game day.  I think he is paying attention more to the offense.  Getting Allen under center and more base personal is 100% to me McDermott’s call.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Mcdermott lets his coaches coach and call games for the most part un interrupted.  Last year he got heavily involved on the defense game day.  I think he is paying attention more to the offense.  Getting Allen under center and more base personal is 100% to me McDermott’s call.  

Yup, I think so as well, it’s a good thing to make those tweaks as need shows, imo, Dabol tends to get to cute at times, and dislikes to make adjustments within a game without prompting…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.