Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Todd Gurley was not the most valuable player in 2017.  He may have been the best at his position by a wide margin, but he was still a RB.  Do you think there is anyone that would take Todd Gurley over Tom Brady in 2017 if they were creating a team?  A RB would need to be the greatest of all time to win MVP over a QB.

That's not the argument.  MVP is what it says.  The Rams were a 3-win team the year before.

I'm sure there are teams that would take Brady over Derick Henry, but in no way shape or form would Brady have e deserved MVP over Derrick Henry this year prior to his injury.

Your mindset towars RBs is what I hate about MVP voting. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is nothing to back down from........he's a 4.5 guy.    And I was probably the only person on TSW who had the relatively unheralded White as the top CB in the 2017 draft class (which notably had the MUCH heralded Marshon Lattimore).    So you are barking up the wrong tree.........he's another example of me being very right,  all due respect to Lattimore.    Gilmore is a step faster than White.......a legit 4.4 flat.   That's all it takes.    

Can you cite the actual evidence of you saying prior to the 2017 NFL Draft that Tre White was the top CB in the draft class? 

58 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Can you cite the actual evidence of you saying prior to the 2017 NFL Draft that Tre White was the top CB in the draft class? 

I'm not digging it up,  I expressed the opinion in the draft lead up here on TSW and immediately after the selection when I was applauding the actual selection.   If you read my posts, it's common knowledge.    I've been here 22 years and a draftnik since the late 80's and was often and rightfully critical of the players chosen in round 1 by prior regimes.........I've been pleased with all of the actual player choices in round 1 by McDermott and Beane.    Not sure where the idea that I have been critical of Tre White's ability came from.   That's never been the case.   His overall game and what he brings to the team is All Pro level.    He's just not going to ever be an All Pro in a primarily man based defense.   

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not digging it up,  I expressed the opinion in the draft lead up here on TSW and immediately after the selection when I was applauding the actual selection.   If you read my posts, it's common knowledge.    I've been here 22 years and a draftnik since the late 80's and was often and rightfully critical of the players chosen in round 1 by prior regimes.........I've been pleased with all of the actual player choices in round 1 by McDermott and Beane.    Not sure where the idea that I have been critical of Tre White's ability came from.   That's never been the case.   His overall game and what he brings to the team is All Pro level.    He's just not going to ever be an All Pro in a primarily man based defense.   

You make claims very often about how right you are… reference evidence… but never show it. If the evidence exists… why not show it? It just seems odd. 

You’re a smart guy… why not just back up your statements with evidence you say exists? 

I haven't really done much individual analysis but at a glance I thought a guy like Tre'Davious White might end up being a terrific corner and being a very good tackler he might translate to S one day and that long term package might be a second or third round investment versus the steep price for his teammate Adams. His talent may actually be downgraded because he's been asked to play the more valued position. And that's always part of the equation when evaluating safeties. Byrd lasted until round 2 in part because HE was a CB in college.

This was the only reference I could find you making about Tre White between January 1, 2016 and April 27, 2017. You said he was worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder and that he may be a terrific corner but could also move to safety? 

Hardly the rock-solid endorsement of his abilities that you’re describing in your posts above. 

If other instances exists why not show me, rather than make me dig it up? 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You make claims very often about how right you are… reference evidence… but never show it. If the evidence exists… why not show it? It just seems odd. 

You’re a smart guy… why not just back up your statements with evidence you say exists? 

The reason why I don't provide a link every time I re-iterate a take for the 100th time and some random poster who wasn't on TSW at the time(or just can't remember) asks for proof?.........is because there are no awards or cash payouts for being right on TSW.     I don't work for free.

If it rankles you to hear it..........that's a you problem.    If you say you had an opinion in the past...........good for you........doesn't bother me or upset me if you want to take credit for being right.    If I caught you saying OTHERWISE........I might call you out but if not, who cares?

As I've told @GunnerBill many times on this board...........if you want to be right almost all of the time(like me).......only share takes you have a lot of conviction in. :beer:

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I haven't really done much individual analysis but at a glance I thought a guy like Tre'Davious White might end up being a terrific corner and being a very good tackler he might translate to S one day and that long term package might be a second or third round investment versus the steep price for his teammate Adams. His talent may actually be downgraded because he's been asked to play the more valued position. And that's always part of the equation when evaluating safeties. Byrd lasted until round 2 in part because HE was a CB in college.

This was the only reference I could find you making about Tre White between January 1, 2016 and April 27, 2017. You said he was worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder and that he may be a terrific corner but could also move to safety? 

Hardly the rock-solid endorsement of his abilities that you’re describing in your posts above. 

If other instances exists why not show me, rather than make me dig it up? 

Yeah that sounds about right for December prior to that draft.    It wasn't a draft full of dynamic CB talent.    As we got thru the draft process he stood out as the best of the bunch, IMO.   He played a premium position where you want that 5th year option and fit the new system extremely well.    Did I think he would be Jalen Ramsey?   No.  And he hasn't been.   Speed was always the question with him.   Can I see him being a 30 year old safety in this system?........yep.   Hope he is a Bill for life.  So thanks for the refresher.   Hope you weren't disappointed to see me doing as I said.........talking up a player who was mostly invisible to Bills fans during the draft process.:thumbsup: 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason why I don't provide a link every time I re-iterate a take for the 100th time and some random poster who wasn't on TSW at the time(or just can't remember) asks for proof?.........is because there are no awards or cash payouts for being right on TSW.     I don't work for free.

If it rankles you to hear it..........that's a you problem.    If you say you had an opinion in the past...........good for you........doesn't bother me or upset me if you want to take credit for being right.    If I caught you saying OTHERWISE........I might call you out but if not, who cares?

As I've told @GunnerBill many times on this board...........if you want to be right almost all of the time(like me).......only share takes you have a lot of conviction in. :beer:

This would be great if I could find anything between January 1, 2016 and April, 27 2017 that even gave me a whiff of conviction as it pertained to Tre'Davious White. 

You said Tre'Davious White's name EXACTLY 1 time.. you actually mentioned the name Corey White just as much as you did Tre'Davious White prior to the draft.

Ironically, you said the name Johnny White more between January 1, 2017 and April, 27 2017 than you did Tre'Davious White...

This is you exact quote on Tre'Davious White from December 26, 2016:

I haven't really done much individual analysis but at a glance I thought a guy like Tre'Davious White might end up being a terrific corner and being a very good tackler he might translate to S one day and that long term package might be a second or third round investment versus the steep price for his teammate Adams. His talent may actually be downgraded because he's been asked to play the more valued position. And that's always part of the equation when evaluating safeties. Byrd lasted until round 2 in part because HE was a CB in college 

You didn't comment again on Tre'Davious White until April, 28 2017 AFTER the selection 

I didn't get into the mocks and player rankings this year because I didn't do the work watching every player that others did so it's unfair to stack them on just the games I watched every week.

But 3D White was my favorite cornerback in college football this year.

This is where you say Tre'Davious White was your favorite cornerback in college... after the draft... when your last statement was made on December, 26 2016 and you said he might move to safety and was a RD2 or RD3 pick... no mention of him being your favorite player. 

These were literally the only two comments you made about Tre'Davious White for 1.5 years and now you're attempting to re-write your take. What I've outline above looks nothing like your quote below... you actually never said he was the top CB in the draft either.. you said he was your favorite cornerback in college football.. doesn't mean you believed he was the best...

And I was probably the only person on TSW who had the relatively unheralded White as the top CB in the 2017 draft class (which notably had the MUCH heralded Marshon Lattimore).

You didn't feel comfortable having much conviction until after the pick was made...

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This would be great if I could find anything between January 1, 2016 and April, 27 2017 that even gave me a whiff of conviction as it pertained to Tre'Davious White. 

You said Tre'Davious White's name EXACTLY 1 time.. you actually mentioned the name Corey White just as much as you did Tre'Davious White prior to the draft.

Ironically, you said the name Johnny White more between January 1, 2017 and April, 27 2017 than you did Tre'Davious White...

This is you exact quote on Tre'Davious White from December 26, 2016:

I haven't really done much individual analysis but at a glance I thought a guy like Tre'Davious White might end up being a terrific corner and being a very good tackler he might translate to S one day and that long term package might be a second or third round investment versus the steep price for his teammate Adams. His talent may actually be downgraded because he's been asked to play the more valued position. And that's always part of the equation when evaluating safeties. Byrd lasted until round 2 in part because HE was a CB in college 

You didn't comment again on Tre'Davious White until April, 28 2017 AFTER the selection 

I didn't get into the mocks and player rankings this year because I didn't do the work watching every player that others did so it's unfair to stack them on just the games I watched every week.

But 3D White was my favorite cornerback in college football this year.

This is where you say Tre'Davious White was your favorite cornerback in college... after the draft... when your last statement was made on December, 26 2016 and you said he might move to safety and was a RD2 or RD3 pick... no mention of him being your favorite player. 

These were literally the only two comments you made about Tre'Davious White for 1.5 years and now you're attempting to re-write your take. What I've outline above looks nothing like your quote below... you actually never said he was the top CB in the draft either.. you said he was your favorite cornerback in college football.. doesn't mean you believed he was the best...

And I was probably the only person on TSW who had the relatively unheralded White as the top CB in the 2017 draft class (which notably had the MUCH heralded Marshon Lattimore).

You didn't feel comfortable having much conviction until after the pick was made...

Keep digging.    I like it.  

And yes,  White was my favorite CB in college football.........that's why I brought him up out of the blue in that December post.   

But keep in mind..........there was trepidation about his fit as a man coverage CB........he wasn't a first round prospect for everyone.    

And with talented man coverage CB's Gilmore and Darby on the roster.........why would anyone think that December that the Bills CB's would be playing mostly the type  of zone coverage that McDermott would later bring with him.    That's why I was willing to think about him as a safety even though I thought he could be a "terrific" corner.     Remember........very poor safety play was a big problem for that 2016 defense.........it was a crying need.  (I was also on the sign Micah Hyde train later that offseason......also a lonely 1 car vessel on TSW).

The transition to McDermott's defense heightened White's value to the Bills.    In this defense his elite intelligence and awareness and run support were able to be accentuated.         

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.