Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do still think he stinks. I thought he was crap again yesterday too. That team goes as Jonathan Taylor goes. The Colts are asking Wentz to do less than the Pats are asking of Mac Jones. 

The 2019 season I think he played really well down the stretch with a decimated team but even then it was more like his will and his desire than him actually technically playing the position at a high level. I have no doubt Wentz is a competitor. He just isn't a very good Quarterback. Our plan for Sunday should be take away the best running back in the NFL and make Wentz beat us. If we can do that we win. 

Wentz is playing the ultimate game manager.  The large majority if his passes are within 5 yards of the los.  If they get behind they get in trouble.  There are only so many screen passes and such that can be schemed.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wentz is playing the ultimate game manager.  The large majority if his passes are within 5 yards of the los.  If they get behind they get in trouble.  There are only so many screen passes and such that can be schemed.

Colts have given up 18 sacks already after giving up 21 ALL last year. Wentz is no Rivers. I don't think a game manager will beat us at home. 

• Like (+1) 2

You have to laugh at all the nervous Nellie's on 2BD for the Colts game.

First, the idea that last years playoff loss will motivate the Colts in any special way is silly.  BOTH teams will be motivated because this is a big game with playoff implications.

Second, the idea that the Bills got lucky to beat the Colts in the playoffs last year is BS.  Buffalo led 14 - 10 at half; 17 - 10 at the end of the 3rd quarter; 24 - 10 early in the 4th quarter and 27 - 17 midway through the 4th quarter. The Bills never trailed in the 2nd half.

Third, Rivers played a great game against the Buffalo D last year in the playoffs.  He threw for over 300 yards, two TD's and had no TO's.  It would be a long shot for Wentz to play as ell as Rivers did.

Fourth, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Bills "fans" claiming that the Wentz game against Buffalo in 2019 will have anything to do with this upcoming game. Hell, Wentz has regressed as a QB since that game and Allen has gotten much better.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

You have to laugh at all the nervous Nellie's on 2BD for the Colts game.

First, the idea that last years playoff loss will motivate the Colts in any special way is silly.  BOTH teams will be motivated because this is a big game with playoff implications.

Second, the idea that the Bills got lucky to beat the Colts in the playoffs last year is BS.  Buffalo led 14 - 10 at half; 17 - 10 at the end of the 3rd quarter; 24 - 10 early in the 4th quarter and 27 - 17 midway through the 4th quarter. The Bills never trailed in the 4th quarter.

Third, Rivers played a great game against the Buffalo D last year in the playoffs.  He threw for over 300 yards, two TD's and had no TO's.  It would be a long shot for Wentz to play as ell as Rivers did.

Fourth, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Bills "fans" claiming that the Wentz game against Buffalo in 2019 will have anything to do with this upcoming game. Hell, Wentz has regressed as a QB since that game and Allen has gotten much better.

Yeah because the Bills did not at all have any extra motivation against KC after losing the playoff game. And of course both teams will be motivated but guarantee you the Colts players have not forgotten about that playoff loss.

7 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah because the Bills did not at all have any extra motivation against KC after losing the playoff game. And of course both teams will be motivated but guarantee you the Colts players have not forgotten about that playoff loss.

The Bills were beaten TWICE by KC last year and in the Championship game were beaten badly by the Chiefs. That's a lot different then getting beat by 3 points in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills lost to the Jags a week ago…. The Colts are a much better team than the Jags…. I expect a Bills win but why would anyone be shocked if they lost? 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills lost to the Colts.  Indy is a solid team.  My point is all the nervous Nellie's throwing out gloom & doom scenarios saying that a Bills loss would be expected. Given the circumstances no Bill's fan should be expecting the Colts to win.

So while I wouldn't be shocked by a Bills loss I expect them to win. And I prefer people who look for reasons why the Bills will win then trying to dig up every reason why they will lose. Off the top of my head the Bills playing at home and facing a less dangerous QB then they did last year in Rivers are two very good reasons why I think they win this game.

• Agree 3

The Bills were beaten TWICE by KC last year and in the Championship game were beaten badly by the Chiefs. That's a lot different then getting beat by 3 points in the playoffs.

lol, dude, makes no difference how many points a team got beat by. That Bills loss to KC in the AFCCG stuck with them. Hell you could even see Bills had something extra in them when they played KC a few weeks ago.

Colts beat themselves against Bills in the playoffs last year and you're crazy to believe it won't be on their minds and have a chip on their shoulder. 

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

lol, dude, makes no difference how many points a team got beat by. That Bills loss to KC in the AFCCG stuck with them. Hell you could even see Bills had something extra in them when they played KC a few weeks ago.

Colts beat themselves against Bills in the playoffs last year and you're crazy to believe it won't be on their minds and have a chip on their shoulder. 

Do you think the Bills were extra motivated to beat Houston this year because they lost to them in the playoffs in 2019?  Being motivated to beat KC was about way more then avenging a couple of losses. It was about becoming top dog in the AFC. The Chiefs had been to 3 straight AFC championship games and two straight Super Bowls and had beaten the Bills badly in the championship game. Being motivated to beat the Chiefs was more about claiming the top spot in the AFC then any type of personal grudge match.

And what do you mean the Colts beat themselves last season?  They didn't turn the ball over and didn't exactly have a lot of penalties.  It was the Bills that blew 4th quarter leads of 14 & 10 points to make the game a nail biter at the end.

The fact was that the Bills largely controlled the Colts stud RB holding him to 78 yards on 21 carries.  And they did it without Star!  In contrast the Colts couldn't handle the Bills stud QB who ran for 54 yards and one TD and completed 26 of 35 passes for 324 yards and two TD's.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

Do you think the Bills were extra motivated to beat Houston this year because they lost to them in the playoffs in 2019?  Being motvted to beat KC is ay moe then avenging a couple of losses. It's about becoming top dog in the AFC. The Chiefs had been to 3 straight AFC championship games and two straight Super Bowls and had beaten the Bills badly in the championship game. Being motivated to beat the Chiefs was more about claiming the top spot in the AFC then any type of personal grudge match.

And what do you mean the Colts beat themselves last season?  They didn't turn the ball over and didn't exactly have a lot of penalties.  It was the Bills that blew 4th quarter leads of 14 & 10 points to make the game a nail biter at the end.

The fact was that the Bills largely controlled the Colts stud RB holding him to 78 yards on 21 carries.  And they did it without Star!  In contrast the Colts couldn't handle the Bills stud QB who ran for 54 yards and one TD and completed 26 of 35 passes for 324 yards and two TD's.

Maybe some, but not like against KC. Houston game was 2 years ago. Come on man! This KC stuff is fresh. You're just throwing anything out now. smh

• Haha (+1) 1

Interesting inflection point for the season. I thought the offense would be much better, and I didn't expect the defense to be this good. If they can play up to their potential on offense, maintain this level of play on defense, and stay healthy, they'll easily be the best team in the league and could run the table in the playoffs, top seed or not. At least they're not peaking too early. 😏

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.