Basham evaluation against Jets

Ethan in Cleveland

12 hours ago, Augie said:

The bit where we use hindsight to find some guy in the draft who turned out well (in this case with minimal time to properly evaluate either player) to point out we should have taken another player is old and tiresome. You name the year, and I’ll point out where every single team should have taken someone else. That’s shooting fish in a barrel. 

The FO is building a roster, not just picking players. I fully agree we need to upgrade the interior OL, but I won’t resort to “what if’s” and calling them out. I’d say the FO is doing a fine job of building a strong, deep roster. There will be hits and misses, like every team, but you just have to have a better batting average than the rest of the league. 

Understand this but the Basham pick truly feels like a luxury type of move in hindsight especially since he's essentially redshirted this behind more proven players.

Humphrey would have been a plug and play guy from day one but again it goes to show the disconnect with this front office and coaching staff with their oline evaluation that they still believe a marginal player like Feliciniao should be starting and resigned to begin with.

I will say that if spencer brown ends up being even an average starter in the long run it offsets this a bit but man would this team be in a completely different place right now with Humpfrey over Basham.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

You realize some of these fans hated the Josh Allen pick and of course the “Bills always take a cb” with the White pick. 
But yeah, solid idea armed with hindsight and someone else’s career in your hands. 

not sure what your point is here.  My point is that in the last two drafts, we seem to have whiffed mightily in the 2nd round.  Allen was a 1st round pick.  

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure what your point is here.  My point is that in the last two drafts, we seem to have whiffed mightily in the 2nd round.  Allen was a 1st round pick.  

Point is hindsight is great and nitpicking over A pick that didn’t work so far (hope is AJ is a bust but whatever. You made the statement fans should make the pick... same fans who many bashed the Allen pick, I’m aware he was a first. 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, Augie said:

The bit where we use hindsight to find some guy in the draft who turned out well (in this case with minimal time to properly evaluate either player) to point out we should have taken another player is old and tiresome.

It’s really not though.

A GM’s job is to evaluate players and determine who will be good/better/best. That’s literally what they’re paid millions of dollars to do.

Is it possible to never fail? Of course not. But it shouldn’t be tiresome to expect someone to do their job well.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Understand this but the Basham pick truly feels like a luxury type of move in hindsight especially since he's essentially redshirted this behind more proven players.

Humphrey would have been a plug and play guy from day one but again it goes to show the disconnect with this front office and coaching staff with their oline evaluation that they still believe a marginal player like Feliciniao should be starting and resigned to begin with.

I will say that if spencer brown ends up being even an average starter in the long run it offsets this a bit but man would this team be in a completely different place right now with Humpfrey over Basham.

I agree that 2 DE's that early was a bit strange.  Isn't humphrey a center though?  Wouldn't it be morse who would have to have been moved?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.