11/14/21 Postgame Thread: Bills at Jets

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Klein played as well as Edmunds ever has today. He may not defend the deep middle as well as Edmunds but Klein does everything else well. This regime will not sit Edmunds because they drafted him, but there was no drop off in play today. 

Felt like he was used a lot differently even though playing the same position.  Klein was pushing into the backfield a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Felt like he was used a lot differently even though playing the same position.  Klein was pushing into the backfield a lot.

It did appear Klein rushed the passer more than Edmunds ever does. But some of those plays were just great recognition. Don’t get me wrong he got blocked out of the play a few times too. But he made up for it with tipped passes and some good stops.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I said this in the GDT, but I am

amazed at Tyler Bass. You look around the NFL, and the kicking is dreadful. Then, you see Bass. 

He makes it look so effortless. On his PATs, it reminds me of a pro golfer hitting a 70-yard pitch. Just so easy and perfect every time. 

i really think he has a shot at the pro bowl this year. Deservedly so.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I didn't know my favorite President was a Bills fan.

Yeah his family is from Hornell which is near the outter reaches of true "Bills Country" before you start seeing a few Giants fans mixed in(there are Cowboys and Steelers fan all over the US so they don't count).   His old man was a doctor in town.  Still has a home in the area.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How do you sit Klein next week against the Colts? We need him as a run stuffer more than we need Edmonds in coverage. 

Watching Klein today makes me wonder what might have been against Tenn had he played over Milano. I don’t think Matt was 100% and think Klein would have had more of an impact against Henry. 
Maybe next week go to more of a true 4-3? 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Klein played as well as Edmunds ever has today. He may not defend the deep middle as well as Edmunds but Klein does everything else well. This regime will not sit Edmunds because they drafted him, but there was no drop off in play today. 

A number of posters here and I didn't necessarily disagree with them felt that this will be Klein's last year as makes way too much for the little he plays.  But he can fill in for both Edmunds and Milano with little loss on the field.  Considering they only play two LB's for the most part, may be worth having him as one extremely valuable backup for next year.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Watching Klein today makes me wonder what might have been against Tenn had he played over Milano. I don’t think Matt was 100% and think Klein would have had more of an impact against Henry. 

Klein had a slow start here last season early…in fact he was pretty horrible. Then he came back later in 2020 and it seemed to just click for him. It’s difficult for me to justify keeping him off the field at this point, especially against running offenses. But the nature of his position is the starters play. And they play almost every defensive down. There is no rotation a la the defensive line.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

A number of posters here and I didn't necessarily disagree with them felt that this will be Klein's last year as makes way too much for the little he plays.  But he can fill in for both Edmunds and Milano with little loss on the field.  Considering they only play two LB's for the most part, may be worth having him as one extremely valuable backup for next year.

I feel completely confident with Klein in there for either Edmunds or Milano. He's not quite as good as they are in coverage but he brings other things to the table and is a very solid backup and 3rd LB when they go to that grouping. He's not quite Alexander, but they totally need to keep him.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My take: Awesome game, still sloppy sloppy at some points.  The pick, the fumbles.

Crossing fingers that ‘Lil Dirty and Hyde are OK

Wish that NO could have handed a L to Tenn

Discuss

I'm OK with pick, it was just a good play by the DB. IMO, it was an aggressive, but not reckless, throw. On the other hand, the fumbles were simply careless. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.