Jon Gruden suing the NFL, Roger Goodell

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Good for him. The precedent this type of thing sets is extremely dangerous. Nobody is perfect. 

You can't go ruining peoples livelihood for saying naughty words. 

Corrective action? Yes. Canceling? Unjust. What an overcorrective, hyper judgemental society we've become. 

You are a wise man and I share your feelings exactly. I think there is a lot more to the story here, Roger Goodell appears to be plugging a few leaks before the dam breaks.

Edited by HOUSE

32 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Well. The NFL has been trying to increase fan interest, during the off season.

:flirt:

If this was to go to court I have a feeling alot of fans and players will be shocked at the e-mail. This is a different time now.

Its best to settle with Gruden and move on....The guy was a bit of a jerk both on camera and off

• Disagree 1

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good for Chucky

Goodell has done nothing good for the NFL. He can’t leave the commissioner’s office soon enough for me!

Well, there's always this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193457/total-league-revenue-of-the-nfl-since-2005/

It's a business, not a public service. I have to assume the owners love the bottom line results or they wouldn't keep re-upping him.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Soviets don't do character assassinations...they do real ones

You know, that was exactly my thought.  I don't think the Soviets ever troubled to assassinate character.

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Good for him. The precedent this type of thing sets is extremely dangerous. Nobody is perfect. 

You can't go ruining peoples livelihood for saying naughty words. 

Corrective action? Yes. Canceling? Unjust. What an overcorrective, hyper judgemental society we've become. 

I don't think it's the "naughty words" that did it for Gruden.

It was what he said about Goodell.

Show me a business, anywhere, anytime, where it was acceptable to "piss in the Boss's Wheaties" like that.

I'll hang up and wait. 

No, I lie; I won't wait, because you can't.

It's never been acceptable, any time, any where, and it's a "fairy story" that it has anything to do with "society we've become".  If anything, we're now more tolerant of disrespect towards authority.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

So it's not inappropriate to comment on how someone looks?  

No it is not inappropriate only to the new woke culture. 

Paul Rudd, sexiest man of the year

Whitey Ford

Moose Skowron

Jerry Mathers as "the Beaver" Cleaver.

Popeye Jones

Bucky Dent

Look, I am not oblivious to names used in 2021, and I could gave said

Mr. Gruden and been quite respectful of a guy who clearly is undeserving of the respect. He has always been over the top, exaggerates and ridicules frequently. 

My apology if I offended you, and your principles. 

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You know, that was exactly my thought.  I don't think the Soviets ever troubled to assassinate character.

Show me a business, anywhere, anytime, where it was acceptable to "piss in the Boss's Wheaties" like that.

I'll hang up and wait. 

It's never been acceptable, any time, any where, and it's a "fairy story" that it has anything to do with "society we've become".  If anything, we're now more tolerant of disrespect towards authority.

Also it'd be a legit question how he could possibly work with the female refs that are now in the league or with his own locker room that has rallied around their gay teammate.

If the NFL releases any emails, or actually pursues any legal action against the team they supposedly targeted, this lawsuit doesn’t happen. 

The fact that they won’t release any emails even to assist the sexual abuse cases makes it even more suspicious.

Chucky most likely can’t prove that it was an intentional leak though but it definitely looks shady. And, as most people have asked, why Gruden of all people? Because he resisted Demaurice Smith and the NFLPU?

This hits on what I was wondering about from the beginning of all this...around a week or 2 before Gruden got fired from the Raiders...

Namely, why?  Why this?  Why now?  Why Gruden?  Why not anyone else?

The whole thing absolutely wreaks of some type of personal vengeance plot against Gruden.

The fact of the matter is Gruden is a cocky, egotistical maniac and I think he made a lot of enemies around the league for a long time when he was a coach in the old days.

He spent most of his time on the MNF broadcasts kissing ass around the league and trying to get back on good terms so he could re-enter the coaching ranks.

I assume he has a lot of enemies.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll hang up and wait. 

Gruden did not work for Goddell or the NFL. He was employed by the Raiders.  So he didn’t “piss in the boss’s Wheaties…”

19 hours ago, prissythecat said:

None of this changes the fact that Chucks wrote emails that were misogynistic , homophobic , and racist .   And to make it even more awesome , he wrote them on systems where there is no expectation of privacy .   

What Chucky did was wrong for multiple reasons, but he’s probably getting a settlement because I’m willing to bet there is a lot more dirty out there. I doubt the NFL wants that in the light. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.