Jon Gruden suing the NFL, Roger Goodell

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, boater said:

Yep. Too much incriminating information will come out in discovery. Gruden gets a big fat negotiated settlement.

Who ever thought this hit job was a good idea gets the Rainman Idiot Savant of the year award.

Has to be sarcasm here, right?  Gruden will get nothing, just humiliate himself and his family even more if that is possible.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mister Defense said:

Has to be sarcasm here, right?  Gruden will get nothing, just humiliate himself and his family even more if that is possible.

You are probably correct. If the lawsuit will cost the NFL more than the damage of Gruden leaking anything worthwhile then they'll settle and he'll get paid. 

This does make one wonder how he plans to meet his burden... But, that is what happened. 

I am guessing the NFL will cave if they are forced to release all of the emails. Releasing the emails will probably cost the NFL more than a settlement with Chucky.

Best Result: He doesn't settle. He just ***** everywhere, taking his persecutors out with him, haha. 

Likely result: Undisclosed Settlement.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good for Chucky

Goodell has done nothing good for the NFL. He can’t leave the commissioner’s office soon enough for me!

Yet he'll go to the HOF just for being commissioner unlike Rosell and Tagliabue who actually did things for the league that was for the greater good of the game and made a difference. The league has gotten soft and changed for the negative under goodell

27 minutes ago, itaos said:

You are probably correct. If the lawsuit will cost the NFL more than the damage of Gruden leaking anything worthwhile then they'll settle and he'll get paid. 

Lots of people not giving the NFL credit for the wealth and clout they possess. I’m sure there’s plenty of stuff that could make the league look bad, but don’t count on it coming out. The NFL has a top notch legal team. Gruden would have never been thrown under the bus if this was going to come back to bite them. There’s a good chance they’ll reach a settlement, but even without a settlement, I don’t see anyone requiring the league to release every email. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't understand how the NFL thought it could release his emails and only his emails out of the half million they went through and think he would respond. The commish should be ashamed of being so stupid. I knew Goddell was unethical but this so stupid and Gruden will get his whole 100 million now without having to deal with Al Davis 

I'm sure the number Gruden comes up with for a settlement will be huge, much bigger than 100 million. The balance of the contract plus future earnings given his age, etc. Where's my popcorn? 

3 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I'm sure the number Gruden comes up with for a settlement will be huge, much bigger than 100 million. The balance of the contract plus future earnings given his age, etc. Where's my popcorn? 

I truly think he will get the whole of the remaining of his contract or the NFL will be forced to release the rest of the emails.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Is this a surprise to anyone?  Seriously?  Chucky suing the NFL and burning every bridge in his wake was about as predictable as the sun rising and setting.

He has nothing to lose…I am no Gruden fan, but my guess as the onion gets peeled back, there is a whole lot more to this story.

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He has nothing to lose…I am no Gruden fan, but my guess as the onion gets peeled back, there is a whole lot more to this story.

This.

I'm no Gruden fan either. But there is something fishy about this whole escapade. I foresee the NFL trying to put a lid on it quickly. It prolly has tentacles reaching back to WFT/Snyder and Cowboys/Jones. Let's add in a dash of Kraft/Patriots.. because he's never been too discrete with his personal life.

Half a million emails contains a lot of dirt, no doubt.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

#IBackGruden 

Mostly because I want to see Goodell in trouble and out of the commish’s office. He has done some good things for the game, but the referees and rules are at an all time worst. At least when they were incompetent under Tagliabue’s reign it was mostly due to the lack of replay or camera angles, but amending/introducing the taunting, roughing the passer, and “he hit me too hard” penalties have made the game frustrating and nearly unwatchable. 

The problem is the owners love him. They’ve kept him in because he does their budding and is a lightning rod to take the focus off them. That’s all they want ultimately. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.