MetLife stadium and questions about gameday

Mynamemike

4 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

Awesome thank you for the advice, we do have a parking pass so we should be good there. We were planning on getting to the area around 8-9am so that should put us in a good spot to find a space and have time to check out the area.  I’m stoked!! Go Bills! 

There's really no way to check out the area from the stadium, it's pretty isolated.  Depending on where you are staying, I'd suggest parking as close to an exit that gets you out in that direction. You can get stuck there a long time if you leave at the end of the game away from an exit.  

You need to get there early, so the best thing to do is plan some tailgaiting either with your group or the NYC Bills backers. 

I'm going on a bus trip so I'm saved all the aggravation of the Meadowlands parking lots.  The last game I went to down there in 2019 I got there early & parked as close to the exit going back to Patterson Plank Road which leads to 17 north.  The other time I went in 2019 my friend in Beacon drove & we got there late & basically just sat around the lot until the traffic cleared.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's really no way to check out the area from the stadium, it's pretty isolated.  Depending on where you are staying, I'd suggest parking as close to an exit that gets you out in that direction. You can get stuck there a long time if you leave at the end of the game away from an exit.  

You need to get there early, so the best thing to do is plan some tailgaiting either with your group or the NYC Bills backers. 

I'm going on a bus trip so I'm saved all the aggravation of the Meadowlands parking lots.  The last game I went to down there in 2019 I got there early & parked as close to the exit going back to Patterson Plank Road which leads to 17 north.  The other time I went in 2019 my friend in Beacon drove & we got there late & basically just sat around the lot until the traffic cleared.   

You can tailgate after the game as well. When the game is over we go back and just tailgate again for about an hour or so. By around 5:30 there is no traffic leaving the stadium and the parking lot with tailgaters is maybe only 25% full. Bottom line if you don't want to sit in traffic and you don't mind tailgating after the game then leaving the stadium is a breeze. No hassles at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Met Life is probably the worst of the newer stadiums. It's design is pretty awful and the parking lots are confusing. Depending on what time you get there, you can be sitting in traffic for a LONG time waiting to get into a lot. 

The Jets fans vary depending on where you are sitting. Sometimes they are nice and beaten down by years of being awful, sometimes you get full on dellusional New York A-Holes. Really could go either way. The good thing is that this game will have A LOT of Bills fans. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mattymafia said:

Met Life is probably the worst of the newer stadiums. It's design is pretty awful and the parking lots are confusing. Depending on what time you get there, you can be sitting in traffic for a LONG time waiting to get into a lot. 

The Jets fans vary depending on where you are sitting. Sometimes they are nice and beaten down by years of being awful, sometimes you get full on dellusional New York A-Holes. Really could go either way. The good thing is that this game will have A LOT of Bills fans. 

It's calmed down at MetLife because PSL fees priced a lot of the real fans out of going. You get more of a corporate crowd at MetLife. When it was Giants Stadium their were a lot of fights between Jets and Bills fans every single year. The two fanbases definitely don't like each other.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It's calmed down at MetLife because PSL fees priced a lot of the real fans out of going. You get more of a corporate crowd at MetLife. When it was Giants Stadium their were a lot of fights between Jets and Bills fans every single year. The two fanbases definitely don't like each other.

I've run into a handful of idiot Jets fans over the last few years at Metlife.  That reminds me, this little runt should be posted in the gameday thread!  This was from a few years ago.  He got drunk and mouthy as the game went on.  Even the other Jets fans were not backing him up by the end.  I am very surprised he made it out of our section without getting punched.  Our section had a lot of Bills fans in it.CqGMy0R.jpg

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I've run into a handful of idiot Jets fans over the last few years at Metlife.  That reminds me, this little runt should be posted in the gameday thread!  This was from a few years ago.  He got drunk and mouthy as the game went on.  Even the other Jets fans were not backing him up by the end.  I am very surprised he made it out of our section without getting punched.  Our section had a lot of Bills fans in it.CqGMy0R.jpg

lol jets fans

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Once you are parked in the MetLife parking lot their is really nothing to checkout. There are no stores or shops nearby that you can walk to. Its not like Buffalo where the stadium is in a residential area.  Its just a giant parking lot surrounding the stadium. If you want to check out the area that is more of a Saturday thing to do.

I must have missed all the stores and shops that surround Highmark Stadium …. Oh, yea there’s a 7-11, my bad

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I will be there with several as well.   NYC Bills Backers has their pre game shebang (Pinto Ron, the works)  in Lot 26 at MetLife, as usual.   Worth checking that out once you are parked.  Get your parking for that lot or nearby.   See. https://sable.godaddy.com/c/28217?id=211587.761.1.8fcca90361ad0e0285813bb281f5f17c   for details-- these were the directions for 2019 (2020 didnt happen of course) but still relevant.    We are coming from the city on the LIRR/NJT, which drops you right outside the stadium.   As mentioned , it's all just a road/pavement/parking desertscape as the Devils arena is there as well.   

Also see  https://nycbbb.com/

This is the bills backers site for NYC.   They are now based out of Pennsylvania 6 bar/restaurant (very near Penn Station), given the demise of the legendary McFaddens.   Penn 6 has a thing on Sat night and after the game Sunday (drink specials etc) .   

See you there!

NYCBB Tailgate is the joint, truly is Billsville.  The callout for Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese is a must.  Bring your own Blue, not always easy to find in NJ

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Did Jimmy Hoffa have any kids?  Maybe he was just out visiting the old man in the Meadowlands?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Unless there is any traffic (there is almost always traffic). Then it could be a 2 hour bus trip. 

That was a live time quote.  But if traffic is a concern, simply take the train...quick and easy right to Penn Station.  From there, $2.75 takes you anywhere in the city.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was a live time quote.  But if traffic is a concern, simply take the train...quick and easy right to Penn Station.  From there, $2.75 takes you anywhere in the city.

Train is definitely the way to go. I live in Lyndhurst and have a view of the stadium from my balcony. 10 miles to NYC has taken me anywhere from 20 minutes to over 2 hours by car. 

• Like (+1) 1

For future reference I take the Am track, Depew to NYC and it quite an experience, Bills fans enter the train at every stop. I usually rent a car in NYC then head to Jersey.

For me, its the best way to go. I used to drive

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.