MetLife stadium and questions about gameday

Mynamemike

Happy Friday everyone!  We scored some tickets to the game in Jersey this week and I’m wondering if anyone has tips or recommendations for things to do near the stadium.  I’ll be picking up my brother at the airport in Philly today and we’re meeting with pops and my other brother game day but we’re looking for ideas on where to meet and a place to get a meal prior to kickoff.  

If anyone who is familiar with MetLife and the surrounding area has any recommendations on restaurants and a good place to park I’d be grateful for the insight.  

Go Bills!!

47 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Happy Friday everyone!  We scored some tickets to the game in Jersey this week and I’m wondering if anyone has tips or recommendations for things to do near the stadium.  I’ll be picking up my brother at the airport in Philly today and we’re meeting with pops and my other brother game day but we’re looking for ideas on where to meet and a place to get a meal prior to kickoff.  

If anyone who is familiar with MetLife and the surrounding area has any recommendations on restaurants and a good place to park I’d be grateful for the insight.  

Go Bills!!

If you eat steak , Steve's sizzling steaks on rt 17.  It's 5 min from Metlife.  Go on Saturday.  Before or after the game. You won't regret it and it's not too expensive. 

I used to work there. Met many athletes on Jets n Giants including Jim Kelly! 

The Giants whole coaching staff would come in 25 deep every Monday afternoon. 

They have pictures of the famous ppl right when you walk in. Tons of athletes because it's so close to Metlife 

It's a must try if you like steak! 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

If you eat steak , Steve's sizzling steaks on rt 17.  It's 5 min from Metlife.  Go on Saturday.  Before or after the game. You won't regret it and it's not too expensive. 

I used to work there. Met many athletes on Jets n Giants including Jim Kelly! 

The Giants whole coaching staff would come in 25 deep every Monday afternoon. 

They have pictures of the famous ppl right when you walk in. Tons of athletes because it's so close to Metlife 

It's a must try if you like steak! 

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

Prior to kickoff as in breakfast or lunch? Go to Alfa bagels in Randolph for Taylor Ham egg and cheese.

Thank you.  Thinking more of a late breakfast.  We’ll probably get there pretty early Sunday.  Looking to get into the stadium pretty early

3 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Thank you.  Thinking more of a late breakfast.  We’ll probably get there pretty early Sunday.  Looking to get into the stadium pretty early

Go after if possible and you enjoy steak. It's on the way and very unique. Get a side of mushrooms n onions . Omg it's delicious with their " secret sauce". Enjoy. Ill be at Metlife. Not sure where to tailgate . Keep you posted on that. I live 10 min from stadium. 

Also an FYI, they have the Fanduel next to stadium if you want to legally gamble. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Go after if possible and you enjoy steak. It's on the way and very unique. Get a side of mushrooms n onions . Omg it's delicious with their " secret sauce". Enjoy. Ill be at Metlife. Not sure where to tailgate . Keep you posted on that. I live 10 min from stadium. 

Also an FYI, they have the Fanduel next to stadium if you want to legally gamble. 

Awesome man I will definitely keep an eye out. Thank you

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

You are allowed in the stadium parking lot 5 hours before kickoff so 8:00 for 1:00 game. You won't have trouble finding parking up until 9:00 - 9:30. You show up later than that and the lots start filling up at that point. You will still find a parking spot but its a pain in the ass driving around and avoid hitting people. As a previous poster said Steve's sizzling steak on rt 17 is a great place to go that is near the stadium. On rt 17 there are a lot of places to eat. Some fast food places or restaurants like Outback steakhouse. You won't have trouble finding a place to eat if you are on Rt 17. As for gameday I would suggest tailgating as that is the easiest thing to do. Like up in Buffalo the tailgating is pretty good at MetLife. Enjoy the game and GO BILLS!!!

Make sure you have a parking pass otherwise you won't get into the MetLife parking lot. You will have to park in the non parking pass section on paterson plank rd and take a shuttle bus to the stadium

Edited by Greg S
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You are allowed in the stadium parking lot 5 hours before kickoff so 8:00 for 1:00 game. You won't have trouble finding parking up until 9:00 - 9:30. You show up later than that and the lots start filling up at that point. You will still find a parking spot but its a pain in the ass driving around and avoid hitting people. As a previous poster said Steve's sizzling steak on rt 17 is a great place to go that is near the stadium. On rt 17 there are a lot of places to eat. Some fast food places or restaurants like Outback steakhouse. You won't have trouble finding a place to eat if you are on Rt 17. As for gameday I would suggest tailgating as that is the easiest thing to do. Like up in Buffalo the tailgating is pretty good at MetLife. Enjoy the game and GO BILLS!!!

Make sure you have a parking pass otherwise you won't get into the MetLife parking lot. You will have to park in the non parking pass section on paterson plank rd and take a shuttle bus to the stadium

Awesome thank you for the advice, we do have a parking pass so we should be good there. We were planning on getting to the area around 8-9am so that should put us in a good spot to find a space and have time to check out the area.  I’m stoked!! Go Bills! 

46 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Awesome thank you for the advice, we do have a parking pass so we should be good there. We were planning on getting to the area around 8-9am so that should put us in a good spot to find a space and have time to check out the area.  I’m stoked!! Go Bills! 

Once you are parked in the MetLife parking lot their is really nothing to checkout. There are no stores or shops nearby that you can walk to. Its not like Buffalo where the stadium is in a residential area.  Its just a giant parking lot surrounding the stadium. If you want to check out the area that is more of a Saturday thing to do.

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Once you are parked in the MetLife parking lot their is really nothing to checkout. There are no stores or shops nearby that you can walk to. Its not like Buffalo where the stadium is in a residential area.  Its just a giant parking lot surrounding the stadium. If you want to check out the area that is more of a Saturday thing to do.

That’s is good info to know thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

I will be there with several as well.   NYC Bills Backers has their pre game shebang (Pinto Ron, the works)  in Lot 26 at MetLife, as usual.   Worth checking that out once you are parked.  Get your parking for that lot or nearby.   See. https://sable.godaddy.com/c/28217?id=211587.761.1.8fcca90361ad0e0285813bb281f5f17c   for details-- these were the directions for 2019 (2020 didnt happen of course) but still relevant.    We are coming from the city on the LIRR/NJT, which drops you right outside the stadium.   As mentioned , it's all just a road/pavement/parking desertscape as the Devils arena is there as well.   

Also see  https://nycbbb.com/

This is the bills backers site for NYC.   They are now based out of Pennsylvania 6 bar/restaurant (very near Penn Station), given the demise of the legendary McFaddens.   Penn 6 has a thing on Sat night and after the game Sunday (drink specials etc) .   

See you there!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

Go Bills!!

Park at the Marriott hotel across Rt 3. It's cheaper and they shuttle you right to the gate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tops Diner, about 15 minutes from MetLife Stadium is rated as one of the best Diners in America.  They actually just opened their new building (which they built across the street from their original location) last month.

I went there after a Bills Jets game a few years back and it was pretty damn good. Depending on the prices on StubHub I might buy some tickets last minute, dinner @ Tops afterwards for me for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you are looking for a place close by (not walking distance but within a couple miles) for breakfast, there is a great diner in Lyndhurst called the Colonial Diner.  Get the Taylor ham in some form.  North Jersey Bills Backers and NYC Bills Backers will be in lot 26 bright and early with music, food, and drinks! 

If you are in the area the day before or sticking around for dinner after the game, the best restaurant I have ever experienced is in Newark NJ (seriously).  It is the Spanish Tavern.  Not cheap, but an outstanding atmosphere and food.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

If you are looking for a place close by (not walking distance but within a couple miles) for breakfast, there is a great diner in Lyndhurst called the Colonial Diner.  Get the Taylor ham in some form.  North Jersey Bills Backers and NYC Bills Backers will be in lot 26 bright and early with music, food, and drinks! 

Thank you! It seems like lot 26 is definitely a place to check out!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.