Oh Sammy...I don't miss you. Pathetic effort here.

Hebert19

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

What a waste of 2 number 1 picks he was.  He wasn't worth first round pick.

He was definitely worth a 1st rounder, not 2, but He had some times when he was damn near uncoverable with Tyrod Taylor throwing him the ball. He got hurt, didnt take of his body and now believes in lizard people. I wouldnt want him, but he was definitely a first round talent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He was definitely worth a 1st rounder, not 2, but He had some times when he was damn near uncoverable with Tyrod Taylor throwing him the ball. He got hurt, didnt take of his body and now believes in lizard people. I wouldnt want him, but he was definitely a first round talent 

He had 1 solid year, his second.  

His catch % has sucked for many seasons. 

He was a day 1 bum, right off the bus...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

He didn’t alligator arm it for fear of getting hit. There was no danger involved.  He just lost the ball. It happens. 

yea either that or the angle made it look much worse- or both. 

it wasn’t laziness or anything though. Clearly he would like a big touchdown.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I disagree that he was worth a 1st rounder. Cut it any way you want -availability, production, effort - he is a borderline bust.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I disagree that he was worth a 1st rounder. Cut it any way you want -availability, production, effort - he is a borderline bust.

Nearly impossible to predict injury. He was healthy in college and one of the best college receivers I've ever seen. He didn't pan out, but he was 100 percent a surefire first round talent. He has flashed it at times too, but he has so had so many nagging injuries -- hamstrings, thigh, ribs, ankle, etc. -- over the years that it doesn't show up in the stats.  

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Nearly impossible to predict injury. He was healthy in college and one of the best college receivers I've ever seen. He didn't pan out, but he was 100 percent a surefire first round talent. He has flashed it at times too, but he has so had so many nagging injuries -- hamstrings, thigh, ribs, ankle, etc. -- over the years that it doesn't show up in the stats.  

In general you can't predict injuries.  But we saw first hand that Sammy didn't take care of himself physically and that shows up in all the nagging injuries.  I mean the guy was out playing pickup basketball games at LA Fitness while he was too injured to play football.  Idiot removed his own cast a home too...  Identifying proper character goes into making a draft pick. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He just had this wonky running style and catching style that I didn't notice until he was with Buffalo.  

Hindsight is... if you sit there - beckham?  Or ya know... aaron donald, taylor lewan, zach martin.  

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He just had this wonky running style and catching style that I didn't notice until he was with Buffalo.  

Hindsight is... if you sit there - beckham?  Or ya know... aaron donald, taylor lewan, zach martin.  

Oh of course. The trade was the wrong move, saying that Sammy wasn't a first round talent is ridiculous tho. He would have been a top 10 pick regardless

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

hes looking for the padded goalpost- he didn't lose it the lightx

Yeah, from the angle where he was on the field and how the ball was coming in I think it would be tough to lose it in the lights. It does look like he pulled up though, but I wonder if he thought he was out of bounds already. #?flatearthissues

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.