NFL Sunday Ticket could be headed to ESPN+

Scott7975

On 11/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

I begrudgingly signed up for the Sabres games.   I'm sure Sunday ticket won't be included  in the monthly fee

Long story, but I signed up to watch Sabres games too...I had been subscribing to Center Ice for as long as it's been around... when I signed up, I was in Geneva NY... I come to find out that all of the Sabres games are blacked out.  I am back in Texas now, and was finally able to watch most of the Sabres/Oilers game last night.

Let me ask Mike, in Horseheads, is there any way to watch the Sabres games after they are over?  I live in a different time-zone, and it is difficult for me to watch them live, particularly on weekdays...but unless I am missing it, there is no way to access the games, once they are complete?  

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Long story, but I signed up to watch Sabres games too...I had been subscribing to Center Ice for as long as it's been around... when I signed up, I was in Geneva NY... I come to find out that all of the Sabres games are blacked out.  I am back in Texas now, and was finally able to watch most of the Sabres/Oilers game last night.

Let me ask Mike, in Horseheads, is there any way to watch the Sabres games after they are over?  I live in a different time-zone, and it is difficult for me to watch them live, particularly on weekdays...but unless I am missing it, there is no way to access the games, once they are complete?  

Glad ya saw a great game buf!!! Who would have thought they'd beat Tampa and Edmonton already.  to your question i only can watch Sabres games on there when MSG gets blacked out so haven't messed with it to much. I'll see what I can figure out....

Mike

@Buftex... If your on a pc looking at the ESPN home page click on the ESPN+ symbol at the top. Once I clicled on that there was a menu and one was schedules and replays. Gives ya calender and I clicked on Friday and voila, Sabres Edmonton game is available.  hope this helps!

Mike

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

The 'talent' has nothing to do with the broadcast of games. ESPN + , for $6.99 is a great deal. 

I tried it out but didn’t find much use for it. Now if they added the NFL I’d be all over it, but as it is it’s pretty weak.

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

@Buftex... If your on a pc looking at the ESPN home page click on the ESPN+ symbol at the top. Once I clicled on that there was a menu and one was schedules and replays. Gives ya calender and I clicked on Friday and voila, Sabres Edmonton game is available.  hope this helps!

Mike

Cool! Thanks so much!  I guess I wasn't seeing that earlier, because I was "out of market".  Now I see it...I was really disappointed.  Great to know!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, Augie said:

Thanks! We’ve found a great AV guy and he sends us links with stuff we need to order. Certainly not MY forte! He’s a great guy and we trust him.  Big East basketball is on Fox Sports, so I just might have plenty of opportunities to enjoy 4K. 

Glad you found an AV guy, I'll be your steak guy!:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

On 11/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, sullim4 said:

I've got a bridge to sell you if you think Bills games will be going for $6/mo under the existing subscription model.

Placing NFL games on ESPN+ will undoubtedly raise the price of the package, or be an expensive add-on that will require you to have the underlying ESPN+ subscription.  They might require the "Disney Bundle" to be purchased, so you'll also need to subscribe to Disney+ and Hulu.

I would much rather have a tech company own the streaming rights - Disney does not exactly excel at software engineering.  I would be curious to see how well their service would scale under the load that NFL games would bring.  They use AWS's underlying infrastructure, but in the end, the Disney software engineers and ops teams are calling the shots and writing the code.

Hockey was 200$/season and got put on plus for nothing 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.