Why not bring in Todd Gurley or Kerryon Johnson for the remainder of the season?

Buffalo03

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

He is still a free agent but is still only 27 and I'm referring to a contract for the rest of the season. He should cost very little and is a shell of his former self but we have to do something with this running game. Kerryon Johnson apparently is also still available and is only 24

Interesting suggestion 03.  Our O line is flaming garbage.  But our RB's are really not much better.  Neither has any explosive burst whatsoever.  As for Gurley, his knees seem to be shot.  But Kerryon Johnson definitely has game.  He was good at Auburn and has been good in the pros.  He is head and shoulders above Moss and Singletary.  I would be happy giving him a shot.  War Eagle!!

20 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

After the debacle that was the loss to the Jags - in games they both played in so subtracting the Steelers game.

Against Miami Moss had 8 carries and averaged 3.3 ypc - Motor 11 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc

WFT - Moss 13 with a 4.6 ypc average - Motor 11 with a 2.9 ypc avg

Houston - Moss 14 with a 4.4 avg - Motor 14 with a 5.6 avg

KC - Moss 11 for an avg of 3.4 ypc - Motor 6 for an avg of 4.2

Titans - Moss 8 with a 3 ypc avg - Motor 5 totes and a 5.4 avg

In the last Miami contest Moss had 8 carries with a 2.4 avg - Motor had 7 carries witha 4 avg.

Jags - Moss 3 for 6yds a 2.0avg and barely passing GPA - Motor 6 for 16 with a 2.7

So thats Moss with 65 carries and an average of 3.6 while Motor has 62 and averages 4.7 ypc

On the season among all RBs with at least 50 carries Motor's average of 54.9 is 8th (tied with Elliot) while Moss's average of 3.6 has him tied for 39th!!

Snap Counts over those 7 games? Moss 18, 44, 46, 42, 42, 47 and 19 for a total of 258 - Motor 43, 34, 32, 19, 35, 25 and 48 for a total of 236

Side notes:

Moss has exactly one carry over 10 yards while Singletary has 5 games with a carry longer than 10 yards and 9 carries of 10 or more yards on the season

Motor has caught 21 of his 27 passing targets - 77.8%

Moss has caught 18 of his 25 targets - 72%

So Motor can't catch?

Let the Motor run!!!!

Why do you call Singletary motor?  Take away the one long TD run at Miami and tell me what Singletary's stats are.  His game is thoroughly forgetable.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He is still a free agent but is still only 27 and I'm referring to a contract for the rest of the season. He should cost very little and is a shell of his former self but we have to do something with this running game. Kerryon Johnson apparently is also still available and is only 24

Don't expect Beane or Sean to do anything

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am convinced that our running issues are more about the Offensive line than it is who is carrying the ball. I could be wrong...

I don't think Singletary and Moss are bad, but I do believe the position can and should be upgraded.

Too many people here would have been happy with Ronald Jones, when Leonard Fournette was there to be acquired.

This offense will never be carried by Devin Singletary.

Edited by Chicken Boo

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would do whatever at this point. Play Breida and Christian Williams.

heck Todd Gurley is only 27? Even as his knees are 50 i would work him out.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am convinced that our running issues are more about the Offensive line than it is who is carrying the ball. I could be wrong...

Fina and an internet scribe/show looked at line and RB play on Bills.

They seem to think line is not terrible and highlighted a group of plays the RB's missed blocks blowing up the whole play.

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

He doesn’t have breakaway speed and can’t take one to the house. 
Until a nice big hole opens up and he takes it to the house like earlier this season. We could certainly do much worse than motor on this team. Najee Harris the most popular rookie runner just ran 22 times for 60 yards the other night. We won’t even run 22 times with two backs and Allen in a game. Now we want Gurley and kerryon who can’t make any roster or practice squad? 

Who cares, I'd be very happy if he or Moss were caught from behind every time after a 5 to 7 yard gain.

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Who cares, I'd be very happy if he or Moss were caught from behind every time after a 5 to 7 yard gain.

I was using some sarcasm why people don’t like him. He had plenty of breakaway speed on his big run against Miami earlier this season 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

He has 21 receptions on 27 targets this season.  If anything, his ball security concerns me.  His speed does not concern me.  He's been productive since he joined the league.  I might be in the minority, but I don't care about breakaway speed.  We don't need home runs.  We need to move the chains.  And having a RB who averages 5 YPA will do that for you .... if you use him properly.

Remove the one HR he's ever had and then tell me more about his 5 YPA. Not being able to get outside the tackles is a huge issue.

In another thread I went team by team and he's in the bottom 3 to me in the league

Edited by Starr Almighty

48 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I was using some sarcasm why people don’t like him. He had plenty of breakaway speed on his big run against Miami earlier this season 

OK was wondering if that might be the case, but figured there are many that do believe that's an issue so figured I'd respond anyway!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK was wondering if that might be the case, but figured there are many that do believe that's an issue so figured I'd respond anyway!

If we can’t have top 5 talent at every position that players got to be upgraded. There’s some pretty vocal posters on here that 100% believe that singletary is not an NFL running back. If he can’t make magic and break one in his 6-7 carries a game he’s trash. Plenty of flaws in players to debate but I never get why so many literally hate some of these guys. 

11 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I love how the best RB on the team is always undervalued and under appreciated by fans. And the coaching staff I guess.

It's the "but Thurman Thomas" and "but Derrick Henry" logic (or lack there of).

Can we please not have anymore posts saying sign xxxxxxx  to solve our problems based on their past pre-crippling arthritis problems RB (Gurley) or sign a never was RB in Kerryon Johnson on the logic of their age and the fact that our Oline problem is because of the fact we don't have a running game.  Logic unclear.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.