Why not bring in Todd Gurley or Kerryon Johnson for the remainder of the season?

Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

If not,  then maybe we see Ryan Bates or Jamal Douglas.  They can’t be worse.

Usually whenever someone says this, I am right there to respond "oh, yes they can - that's why the current guys won the job." But in this case I feel like it's the early 2018 line that almost got Allen (and McCarron before him) killed. I don't think it can be worse.

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know about you guys, but personally I'd like to see a fullback on the roster. Lord knows we need someone to help with pass protection, and the ability to changeup to a heavy set wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to keep defenses off balance.

Speaking of forcibly retired players ... Hey, where's Patrick DiMarco these days?

EDIT: a real fullback, not a jack of all trades TE/FB/Special Teams Guy (Gilliam type)

Retired from the NFL and working for USC (Gamecocks not Trojans) as an analyst

40 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This right here is where I'm at as well. Would love to see Motor in a game where he gets RB1 touches...18-20 carries and 3-5 catches. Betting we end up with him over 100 yards.

I have been saying for weeks I don't understand the coaches' love affair with Moss!

He consistently gets more snaps and carries while underperforming Motor's production.

Give Motor consistent carries and snaps - platoon a little - but feature him!!

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Listen stop with replacing RB's conversation we need only to show our line how to block like coach said our guys are too soft need to toughen up

I think part of the oline problem is NOT having a running game. We need to be more balanced and keep the defense guessing

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

In his first two seasons, he averaged 731 rushing yards/season ... and that's with significantly sharing time.  I will never understand the criticism this guy has gotten since day one - and continues to get.

The OL is a problem we all agree on this. Do you think that its an issue that he cant get to the outside because he is slow?  Does this not telegraph running plays as only being inside runs because he is unable to get to the corner due to lack of speed? Also is not being able to catch a negative or do we turn the other cheek on this as well?

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

The OL is a problem we all agree on this. Do you think that its an issue that he cant get to the outside because he is slow?  Does this not telegraph running plays as only being inside runs because he is unable to get to the corner due to lack of speed? Also is not being able to catch a negative or do we turn the other cheek on this as well?

He has 21 receptions on 27 targets this season.  If anything, his ball security concerns me.  His speed does not concern me.  He's been productive since he joined the league.  I might be in the minority, but I don't care about breakaway speed.  We don't need home runs.  We need to move the chains.  And having a RB who averages 5 YPA will do that for you .... if you use him properly.

58 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I have been saying for weeks I don't understand the coaches' love affair with Moss!

He consistently gets more snaps and carries while underperforming Motor's production.

Give Motor consistent carries and snaps - platoon a little - but feature him!!

After the debacle that was the loss to the Jags - in games they both played in so subtracting the Steelers game.

Against Miami Moss had 8 carries and averaged 3.3 ypc - Motor 11 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc

WFT - Moss 13 with a 4.6 ypc average - Motor 11 with a 2.9 ypc avg

Houston - Moss 14 with a 4.4 avg - Motor 14 with a 5.6 avg

KC - Moss 11 for an avg of 3.4 ypc - Motor 6 for an avg of 4.2

Titans - Moss 8 with a 3 ypc avg - Motor 5 totes and a 5.4 avg

In the last Miami contest Moss had 8 carries with a 2.4 avg - Motor had 7 carries witha 4 avg.

Jags - Moss 3 for 6yds a 2.0avg and barely passing GPA - Motor 6 for 16 with a 2.7

So thats Moss with 65 carries and an average of 3.6 while Motor has 62 and averages 4.7 ypc

On the season among all RBs with at least 50 carries Motor's average of 54.9 is 8th (tied with Elliot) while Moss's average of 3.6 has him tied for 39th!!

Snap Counts over those 7 games? Moss 18, 44, 46, 42, 42, 47 and 19 for a total of 258 - Motor 43, 34, 32, 19, 35, 25 and 48 for a total of 236

Side notes:

Moss has exactly one carry over 10 yards while Singletary has 5 games with a carry longer than 10 yards and 9 carries of 10 or more yards on the season

Motor has caught 21 of his 27 passing targets - 77.8%

Moss has caught 18 of his 25 targets - 72%

So Motor can't catch?

Let the Motor run!!!!

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do we want a Gurley man? 🤔

Not so sure if Mr. Johnson can 'carry on'. 🙄

It might make my wry observations easier.  Or do I mean 'rye'? 🥃 🤔

Is Mr. Johnson my wayward son?

Regardless, I think the league wide  hint is both should lay their weary heads to rest. 

3 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

After the debacle that was the loss to the Jags - in games they both played in so subtracting the Steelers game.

Against Miami Moss had 8 carries and averaged 3.3 ypc - Motor 11 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc

WFT - Moss 13 with a 4.6 ypc average - Motor 11 with a 2.9 ypc avg

Houston - Moss 14 with a 4.4 avg - Motor 14 with a 5.6 avg

KC - Moss 11 for an avg of 3.4 ypc - Motor 6 for an avg of 4.2

Titans - Moss 8 with a 3 ypc avg - Motor 5 totes and a 5.4 avg

In the last Miami contest Moss had 8 carries with a 2.4 avg - Motor had 7 carries witha 4 avg.

Jags - Moss 3 for 6yds a 2.0avg and barely passing GPA - Motor 6 for 16 with a 2.7

So thats Moss with 65 carries and an average of 3.6 while Motor has 62 and averages 4.7 ypc

On the season among all RBs with at least 50 carries Motor's average of 54.9 is 8th (tied with Elliot) while Moss's average of 3.6 has him tied for 39th!!

Snap Counts over those 7 games? Moss 18, 44, 46, 42, 42, 47 and 19 for a total of 258 - Motor 43, 34, 32, 19, 35, 25 and 48 for a total of 236

Side notes:

Moss has exactly one carry over 10 yards while Singletary has 5 games with a carry longer than 10 yards and 9 carries of 10 or more yards on the season

Motor has caught 21 of his 27 passing targets - 77.8%

Moss has caught 18 of his 25 targets - 72%

So Motor can't catch?

Let the Motor run!!!!

I got news for you...they are both bottom 5 starting running backs in the NFL.  I'd literally take any teams RB over ours.  Are they bad.  No.  Are the good.  Hell no. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.