More reason to go pfffffft at PFF

Lothar

13 hours ago, Lothar said:

I don't have a link but Joe Marino's podcast talked about PFF grades for the OL this week and the highest rated lineman for Buffalo?...

Yaaas, supposedly it was Cody Ford. 

Remind me never to take their grading seriously again.

They must have misunderstood what the negative sign in front of the number means. 

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Because NFL teams pay for their info. That's why some amount of trust is reasonable. They wouldn't do that if the PFF folks were incompetent.

Not that that means you have to agree with any of their specific conclusions. Disagreement backed by other data is totally reasonable.

They pay for the stats, if anything. They're not relying on PFF to grade their players.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Lothar said:

I don't have a link but Joe Marino's podcast talked about PFF grades for the OL this week and the highest rated lineman for Buffalo?...

Where's Conrad Dobler when you need him?

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

The problem is the DEs were getting super far up field - which traditionally you just... let them do that. You've created a rush lane for allen to escape, and you've created space to step up in the pocket.  But in this game the twists and stunts and 5 man fronts they saw just confused the hell out of the interior so it was constantly muddy.  Boettger looked absolutely lost out there.

I implore you to go back and watch the tape.  Ford seems like he's getting the brunt of the criticism (easy target) when it should go to Dawkins, Boettger, and Williams.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I implore you to go back and watch the tape.  Ford seems like he's getting the brunt of the criticism (easy target) when it should go to Dawkins, Boettger, and Williams.

After watching the A22 I would agree. Boettger and Dawkins were completely lost on stunts and any other scheme where they had to pass off rushers from one to another. Ford certainly didn't play well, but he wasn't the worst guy out there (if that means anything).

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Lothar said:

Clearly, they are just trolling the Bills Mafia again and trying to run up the clicks. Just say "no!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.