Barkley signing with the Panthers/ Darnold’s done

Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Big Sam has now entered The Rosen Zone.

I think he entered it when The Jets shipped him to Carolina for a 2nd round pick.  I heard that Twilight Zone du-da-du-do du-da-du-do when that news broke.

But this is definitely a big step further into the Zone.

56 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Darnold will be the #2 QB of the 2022 Buffalo Bills.  

I don't think they're going to let go of him that quickly, but Rhule's comments don't bode well for Sam.

They may not bode well for Rhule, either, depending upon what scope and seriousness of conversation he had with Sam before making it public.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm actually surprised Barkley would take his family into a dumpster fire rather than continuing to hang out with the elite Titans for the rest of the year.

You know what the difference in weekly checks between a vested vet on the active roster and a practice squad player is? Not that hard of a decision.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's there to back up Walker if Darnold can't play.  He can't get a beating while holding a clipboard on the sidelines.  

Exactly how did Rhule's decision to keep only PJ Walker as Darnold's backup blow up in his face?  What was he supposed to do?  The team chose to trade for Darnold in the offseason & let Walker & Will Greer vie for the backup spot.  Then like most other teams that carry 2 QBs, they added a practice squad QB as the 3rd stringer (James Morgan who is familiar with backing up Darnold). 

If anything blew up in Carolina's face it was the decision to trade for Darnold & dump Bridgewater, not choosing to keep 2 QBs & a PS QB.  Once that decision was made, and the worse decision to pick up Darnold's 5th year option of a guaranteed $18.858 million, Rhule's hands were tied.

If the GM keeps his job after the Darnold decisions, Carolina will be a dumpster fire for years to come.  

Kolb and his nemesis "Mat" are waving hello to you...

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he entered it when The Jets shipped him to Carolina for a 2nd round pick.  I heard that Twilight Zone du-da-du-do du-da-du-do when that news broke.

lol yes. I was generous I had to give Sam at least a second team, since Rosen is on his 4th (5th?) I lost track. But yeah the Jets ruined the kid.

Darnold now reported as having incomplete fracture of shoulder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32593531/source-carolina-panthers-qb-sam-darnold-incomplete-fracture-shoulder-blade

Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold has an incomplete fracture of his right shoulder blade and is likely to miss several weeks with the injury, a source confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

The Panthers believe the injury happened in the second quarter of the team's 24-6 loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday. Darnold threw three interceptions in the loss, including one returned 88 yards by J.C. Jackson for a touchdown, when he missed tight end Ian Thomas, who was wide open.

Perhaps he'll get the "your shoulder was actually broken at the time and you were trying to gut through it" pass out of Rhule's AwShit list

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think they're going to let go of him that quickly, but Rhule's comments don't bode well for Sam.

They may not bode well for Rhule, either, depending upon what scope and seriousness of conversation he had with Sam before making it public.

We will see, doubt they are willing to fork over big $ to a player they don’t believe in.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

And Trubisky will be the #1 QB of the Panthers? 

Very well could be.  I think Trubisky is a starter in this league.  

22 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

We will see, doubt they are willing to fork over big $ to a player they don’t believe in. 

What choice do you think the Panthers have exactly about those big $$? 

5th year option was fully guaranteed at signing - $18.6M next season.

What are they gonna do, say "everyone could see our OL was trash and the guy broke his shoulder, but we so strongly don't believe in him that we want you to take him and his $18.6M off our hands"?

If they want to trade Sam, they're gonna have to eat a good part of his salary I do believe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.