Josh Allen Stats through 8 Games

Virgil

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea what's off is that Josh Allen has been the only one to show up week in and week out 

Our offensive line and play calling has 100% left him out to dry

It's the Josh Allen show or the bills have no chance.. I'd be pissed too

What people don't realize is Josh Allen is very much in control of play calls and OL protection calls. If the line is getting their butt kicked he can alter protection to give himself more protection.

Allen is making a lot of poor decisions post snap also. Like keeping the ball when he should hand it off.

This doesn't take the OL off the hook, they're getting their butts kicked but when that happens typically you make changes in protection. They did not.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What people don't realize is Josh Allen is very much in control of play calls and OL protection calls. If the line is getting their butt kicked he can alter protection to give himself more protection.

Allen is making a lot of poor decisions post snap also. Like keeping the ball when he should hand it off.

This doesn't take the OL off the hook, they're getting their butts kicked but when that happens typically you make changes in protection. They did not.

You can clearly see Josh Allen making calls at the line for years.. identifying the Mike and whatnot

Something tells me he's not telling Cody Ford to triple team a player , or to whiff on a block in a second

Everybody's described him as a smart football player I'm pretty sure he's probably making the right line calls more often than not.. we'll never know unless the coaches come out and say he's not  

Our line gets confused with twists and stunts and pressure packages.. that's not on Josh Allen.. that's on the people preparing the line

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can clearly see Josh Allen making calls at the line for years.. identifying the Mike and whatnot

Something tells me he's not telling Cody Ford to triple team a player , or to whiff on a block in a second

Everybody's described him as a smart football player I'm pretty sure he's probably making the right line calls more often than not.. we'll never know unless the coaches come out and say he's not  

Our line gets confused with twists and stunts and pressure packages.. that's not on Josh Allen.. that's on the people preparing the line

We can argue all day about this but Allen has full control of the offense. 

I agree the OL is getting worked up front but I think it's a combination of confused lineman and poor protection calls.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We can argue all day about this but Allen has full control of the offense. 

I agree the OL is getting worked up front but I think it's a combination of confused lineman and poor protection calls.

I don't know if you've also noticed but we're also extremely slow getting the play call in 

It's hard to change the play sometimes.. when you're not set up till there's only 10 seconds left on the play clock

That's not a lot of time to see the defensive alignment and audible to the correct call... 

Whether the call is slow coming in, or it's slow getting called... Or a combination of both it really doesn't matter

It's hard to audible to the correct call when you're coming to the line with 10 seconds left on the clock

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't know if you've also noticed but we're also extremely slow getting the play call in 

It's hard to change the play sometimes.. when you're not set up till there's only 10 seconds left on the play clock

That's not a lot of time to see the defensive alignment and audible to the correct call... 

Whether the call is slow coming in, or it's slow getting called... Or a combination of both it really doesn't matter

It's hard to audible to the correct call when you're coming to the line with 10 seconds left on the clock

That's a good point. I didn't notice that but if they are slow to get the play in that would be a problem. I didn't notice it just watching the game though. I  remember a few times the snap came at 1. Bills seem pretty good getting the plays in from what I can remember. Maybe they're trying new things. I don't know. All I know is Allen isn't himself. The guy was passing up open Diggs. Last year he'd take a little 8 yard curl to Diggs all day long until they took it away. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That's a good point. I didn't notice that but if they are slow to get the play in that would be a problem. I didn't notice it just watching the game though. Bills seem pretty good getting the plays in from what I can remember. Maybe they're trying new things. I don't know. All I know is Allen isn't himself. The guy was passing up open Diggs. Last year he'd take a little 8 yard curl to Diggs all day long until they took it away. 

That's something that can be corrected by throwing to the read when he sees it

As anybody knows who's watched Allen for years... He sometimes will pass open an open look that he sees for something deeper downfield  

It's something he's also corrected a lot so I don't see why he won't adjust again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.