Josh Allen Stats through 8 Games

Virgil

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I found this really surprising.  They eyeball test made me think he wouldn't even be close to his stats last year and his swagger just isn't there.  Not sure the point, except for those who focus on numbers.

YPA is down a bunch. thats an important number. Comp % down a bit as well. Im good with Allen this year but i think last year at this point in the season he was a more efficient QB.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No problem.  I mean, if you are going to throw shade, at least get your facts straight,  or you get called out.

so me saying i'm good with allen this year but that he may have been more efficient last year is "throwing shade"?  you seem like a real reasonable individual.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I would say last year was more impressive based off of the teams he faced. 

Agree, the quality wins were there.

Only win of note he has was against KC but we know their defense is garbage and they in the essentially in the same boat as the Bills this year in terms or regression and being nothing more than a middle of the pack team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I found this really surprising.  They eyeball test made me think he wouldn't even be close to his stats last year and his swagger just isn't there.  Not sure the point, except for those who focus on numbers.

I am surprised his numbers are as close as they are last year but we had that real rough stretch last year (KC and Ten) and Allen's number in the second half of the season really picked up dramatically.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

his comp % went down.

😲 he regressed!!!!!!!!

🤣 

• Haha (+1) 4

image.thumb.png.d739205d07db08942078124be4a0229e.png

Maybe a lot of people mis-remember but Josh didnt really get cooking until the back half of last season. He started hot against NYJ, Miami, LV and LAR but then had a long stretch of inconsistent play from TEN-LAC. With 6 games of <100 Rating, back to back games without a TD, etc that really mirrors his play even now.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah.  He had two crap games against the Chiefs and Titans after starting out red hot if I remember correctly.  The first Pats game wasn't his best performance either and was bailed out by Justin Zimmer.  That and without the pass interference on 4th down against the Rams we could've easily been 4-4 at this same point last year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jletha said:

image.thumb.png.d739205d07db08942078124be4a0229e.png

Maybe a lot of people mis-remember but Josh didnt really get cooking until the back half of last season. He started hot against NYJ, Miami, LV and LAR but then had a long stretch of inconsistent play from TEN-LAC. With 6 games of <100 Rating, back to back games without a TD, etc that really mirrors his play even now.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  He had two crap games against the Chiefs and Titans after starting out red hot if I remember correctly.  The first Pats game wasn't his best performance either and was bailed out by Justin Zimmer.  That and without the pass interference on 4th down against the Rams we could've easily been 4-4 at this same point last year.

JA was injured and wore a brace for 4 weeks.   

his #s went up after the “brace slide

9 minutes ago, SlimShady&#x27;sSpaceForce said:

JA was injured and wore a brace for 4 weeks.   

his #s went up after the “brace slide

Or it was his opponents game plan and the offense played like crap around him.  There's ebbs and flows to every season.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.