Even after Jacksonville Debacle, Bills STILL favorite to win the Super Bowl

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's not just one game.

We all saw the weaknesses of the OL before this last game.

The loss to Jacksonville simply magnified the weakness of the OL, which, in turn, will derail any season if you can't block anyone.

Like I said, can the OL turn it around? Sure, but I ain't betting on it.

The Oline sure isn't the strength of this team; however, that was not the Oline that had been on the field prior to Brown getting hurt. And what exactly are you betting they can't turn around? It is not as if they lost their first 8 games of the season and consistently had problems moving the ball and scoring points. They are 5-3, leading their division and had been averaging 35 points a game ove rtheir previous six games.

Seriously, with everything you have seen from this team and coaching staff over the last year and a half and you give up on them like that?

Whatever...

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The Oline sure isn't the strength of this team; however, that was not the Oline that had been on the field prior to Brown getting hurt. And what exactly are you betting they can't turn around? It is not as if they lost their first 8 games of the season and consistently had problems moving the ball and scoring points. They are 5-3, leading their division and had been averaging 35 points a game ove rtheir previous six games.

Seriously, with everything you have seen from this team and coaching staff over the last year and a half and you give up on them like that?

Whatever...

You don't have to give up on your team to know what the reality of the situation is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

You don't have to give up on your team to know what the reality of the situation is.

When you say things like they could turn it around "but I ain't betting on it," it sort of feels like you are. If not great. I absolutely agree that this Oline is the weakness of this team and the version that was on the field Sunday was atrocious. However, I do not believe it will keep this team from being competitive the rest of this year and into the playoffs. I believe, if the linemen they have can get and stay healthy, and consistently play in the right positions (not keep moving around), then this team is as good as any team in the NFL.

As to the reality of the situation: Your reality doesn't necessarily translate into "the" reality. Nor does mine. Like I have said over and over, we can only wait and see.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Well maybe the NFL is really rigged and the officials will make sure we get there and win it all then.

But in all seriousness, this really makes no sense when you look at the totality of the Bills season thus far sitting at 5-3. IMO a true SB contender wins the Steelers and Jags game.

Yes the AFC is wide open but just can't see why the Bills would be the favorite with the glaring holes they have which is why they also have 3 losses right now and are on pace for a 10/11 season at best.

Maybe because Vegas is not overreacting? Or maybe they see that other teams have glaring holes too? Or maybe our holes are not as glaring as one game indicates? Or maybe they see that we lost those 3 games by 13 points combined? Or maybe because they know that it is not important to peak in early November?

Right now we are still second biggest SB contender in AFC after Titans, and that's only because they have like 50% chance to have first round bye and that makes huge difference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.