Even after Jacksonville Debacle, Bills STILL favorite to win the Super Bowl

Big Turk

24 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

your point is we can’t beat the jags but we are going to win a sb ? 

yikes 😩😩

fantasyland must be nice.   

And your point is they couldn't beat the Jags on Sunday and, therefore, are incapable of winning the SB.

Ahhh, must be heavenly to possess the powers of predicting the future, eh, Nostradamus? And I'm living in a fantasy land?

We can go round and round on this point all day. The only way we will know which one of us is closer to the truth is to wait and see how it all turns out. So, check back in with me in a couple of months, my friend, and we will see. And don't mind me if I hope you are the one that is wrong.

Cheers :beer:

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How exactly is it an easy schedule? The Bills have 5 toss-up games remaining: IND, @NO, NE, @TB, @NE. Even ATL doesn't look like a gimme either. Yes, we should beat CAR and NYJ (twice), but who would be shocked if we split the other six? That's 11-6, nowhere near the record of a 1 seed or a Super Bowl favorite.

And you can't assume wins against NYJ or CAR. They're both better than the Jaguars.

The Bills are in trouble right now.

I mean...that seems a bit much.

If by "trouble" you mean that they're not looking likely to get the number one seed at the moment, then sure.

But "in trouble" seems an exaggeration for a team that has the number one scoring defense, a top five scoring offense, and currently leads their division.

56 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

your point is we can’t beat the jags but we are going to win a sb ? 

yikes 😩😩

fantasyland must be nice.   

How about this...why dont you go look at the regular season of every past SB winner for the last 25 years and tell us all if they had any losses during the regular season.  Then let us know how many were upsets losses.

I can save you some time and tell you that plenty of them experienced losses in the regular season they should have won in upsets.  

It happens. Your insistence that the Jags game defines our season is not only ridiculous, but absolutely undeniably false logic.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How about this...why dont you go look at the regular season of every past SB winner for the last 25 years and tell us all if they had any losses during the regular season.  Then let us know how many were upsets losses.

I can save you some time and tell you that plenty of them experienced losses in the regular season they should have won in upsets.  

It happens. Your insistence that the Jags game defines our system is not only ridiculous, but absolutely undeniably false logic.  

5-3, take the crown off.    

53 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

"Take away the penalties" is doing some pretty heavy lifting for you.

The Bills OL had zero answer for the Stunt.  I don't care what the 'key metrics' say.  Games aren't won on a PFF scorecard.

No, you don't understand, our O & D Rankings and my mommy said we are the best team in teh league!

All I can say is watch the games more closely.  Because if you did pay attention you would see our 3 losses were close games where we left MULTIPLE scores EACH game on the field thanks to drive killing penalties.  

Every time our team gets momentum, we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Yes the OL is also a problem with its protection, no doubt.  But we have the personnel we have at this stage of the game.  Getting our 2 starters back will help a lot, but even after we do, the frequency at which they make critical mental mistakes with false starts and holding calls has to drop.  If it does, we will be much better as an offense.  

No one said the OL didn't struggle.  I said, despite the OL struggles, we are undefeated right now literally if we eliminated the drive killing penalties that left a lot of points on the field during all 3 of our close losses.  

Does it mean we suddenly blow out the Jags or Titans if we just correct the untimely penalties plaguing our team?  Nope.  But it means we win the game.  Scoreboard is what matters.  Josh Allen is so athletic he can make things happen with the OL breaking down enough times to keep us in games and win games.  But he can't over come both the OL struggles and the penalties that kill our drives and scoring chances.  

Eliminate the penalties and we are the only undefeated team in the NFL today.  Part of that is also on utterly terrible calls by refs in what might the single worst season I have ever seen for refs across the entire league.  I don't know what is up this year, but overall the refs have been a total mess this season league wide.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are shocked because you had a meltdown over one game, choosing to define a front office, coaching staff, and players on a one time performance rather than evaluating an entire body of work...

Cmon man. Its not one game. The body of work suggests the oline and RB situation is a mess.  

Honestly, we felt about the same as we do today after losing to KC & TN last year.  The whole "maybe we're not that good" and "this team is too flawed" conversation.  And then it felt like the Hail Murray was the gut punch that might lead to a slide.

But then the team showed us that they aren't the "same ol' Bills," and went on a tear that was as enjoyable as anything I've enjoyed in decades as a sports fan.

And this team and coaching staff ARE different.  They don't get derailed, or lose confidence.  The Hail Murray motivated them and made them better, and I fully expect this circumstance to lead to similar results.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Odd how not many mentioned the RAMS getting blown out or the Cowboys or 49ers oh wait scratch the last one 

The Titans are a good team so there is no shame in losing to them. I agree with you on the Cowboys. Horrible loss at home to Denver. If I remember correctly they were losing 30-0 at one point.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All I can say is watch the games more closely.  Because if you did pay attention you would see our 3 losses were close games where we left MULTIPLE scores EACH game on the field thanks to drive killing penalties.  

Every time our team gets momentum, we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Yes the OL is also a problem with its protection, no doubt.  But we have the personnel we have at this stage of the game.  Getting our 2 starters back will help a lot, but even after we do, the frequency at which they make critical mental mistakes with false starts and holding calls has to drop.  If it does, we will be much better as an offense.  

No one said the OL didn't struggle.  I said, despite the OL struggles, we are undefeated right now literally if we eliminated the drive killing penalties that left a lot of points on the field during all 3 of our close losses.  

Does it mean we suddenly blow out the Jags or Titans if we just correct the untimely penalties plaguing our team?  Nope.  But it means we win the game.  Scoreboard is what matters.  Josh Allen is so athletic he can make things happen with the OL breaking down enough times to keep us in games and win games.  But he can't over come both the OL struggles and the penalties that kill our drives and scoring chances.  

Eliminate the penalties and we are the only undefeated team in the NFL today.  Part of that is also on utterly terrible calls by refs in what might the single worst season I have ever seen for refs across the entire league.  I don't know what is up this year, but overall the refs have been a total mess this season league wide.  

Good post.

While I think a couple other teams would be favored to beat the Bills, I also believe the Bills have the talent to beat anyone. Home field advantage would help but that may not be a possibility now with three AFC losses. 

Allen can be the difference maker against any team - positively or negatively. If he plays smart clean football, Bills can beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cmon man. Its not one game. The body of work suggests the oline and RB situation is a mess.  

My apologies, what I wrote was not called for.

The Bills Oline on Sunday was a mess. Completely healthy with Brown back in the lineup - not great - but not a mess.

Edited by billsfan1959

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How exactly is it an easy schedule? The Bills have 5 toss-up games remaining: IND, @NO, NE, @TB, @NE. Even ATL doesn't look like a gimme either. Yes, we should beat CAR and NYJ (twice), but who would be shocked if we split the other six? That's 11-6, nowhere near the record of a 1 seed or a Super Bowl favorite.

And you can't assume wins against NYJ or CAR. They're both better than the Jaguars.

The Bills are in trouble right now.

I won't go so far as to say the Bills are in trouble just yet, but generally I agree with this. It unfortunately looks like the best upside in terms of seeding we can hope for is #2, and we all know how well that worked out last year.

Having to play 2 games at home and then the potential Championship game on the road is such a massive difference from locking down that top spot.

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Titans are a good team so there is no shame in losing to them. I agree with you on the Cowboys. Horrible loss at home to Denver. If I remember correctly they were losing 30-0 at one point.

The Rams we’re considered the best NFC team by anyone not a Cowboys fan ;) 

On Any Given Sunday 

any team can win. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

lmao, you should watch the jags game.  

they were the worst front 4 in the league, and whooped these softies.   

i think one dude, doubled his career sack numbers vs these outclassed bums. 

Not hard when 3 OLineman block one player leaving another completely unblocked

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good post.

While I think a couple other teams would be favored to beat the Bills, I also believe the Bills have the talent to beat anyone. Home field advantage would help but that may not be a possibility now with three AFC losses. 

Allen can be the difference maker against any team - positively or negatively. If he plays smart clean football, Bills can beat anyone.

I think if the Bills play their A game on any given day there are few teams that realistically have a chance to beat them. Most lose by double digits.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Not hard when 3 OLineman block one player leaving another completely unblocked

I think if the Bills play their A game on any given day there are few teams that realistically have a chance to beat them. Most lose by double digits.

What is the Bills 'A game' exactly and when are they going to show it?

The early season stretch against the Dolphins/Redskins/Texans was merely a mirage especially since all three of those games were against backup QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

What is the Bills 'A game' exactly and when are they going to show it?

The early season stretch against the Dolphins/Redskins/Texans was merely a mirage especially since all three of those games were against backup QBs.

Hopefully this week and not just to get over the bad loss to the Jags. Beating the Jets means 3-0 in the division as well as it gives the Bills a conference win.  We need as many of those as possible for any potential tiebreaker scenario.

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are shocked because you had a meltdown over one game, choosing to define a front office, coaching staff, and players on a one time performance rather than evaluating an entire body of work...

It's not just one game.

We all saw the weaknesses of the OL before this last game.

The loss to Jacksonville simply magnified the weakness of the OL, which, in turn, will derail any season if you can't block anyone.

Like I said, can the OL turn it around? Sure, but I ain't betting on it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.