Even after Jacksonville Debacle, Bills STILL favorite to win the Super Bowl

Big Turk

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Good post. Although you must have repressed some of those games under Jauron in order to deal with the trauma :P. I also remember some pathetic performances under Levy during their SB years. It happens. We'll see how they respond.

Ironically the 6-9 Bills vs Browns poo show in 2009 rings a bell regarding that Jauron era hahaha.

Brady Quinn & Derek Anderson vs Trent Edwards 🥶🤮

EDIT: this game was actually 3-6 🤣

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It’s still early and AFC is wide open. We also have some critical problems that need to be addressed before I start caring about things like this.

True, but to me it is undeniable the Titans are the favorite for the #1 seed with an obvious leg up to reach the Super Bowl.

Tennessee has NO, Hou, Jac, Mia, and SF at home & NE, Pit, and Hou on the road remaining. If the Bills were to pass them while only losing one more game, the Titans would still need to lose 3. If the Bills lose 2, the Titans would need to lose 4. It's very difficult right now to see those scenarios playing out.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Well maybe the NFL is really rigged and the officials will make sure we get there and win it all then.

But in all seriousness, this really makes no sense when you look at the totality of the Bills season thus far sitting at 5-3. IMO a true SB contender wins the Steelers and Jags game.

Yes the AFC is wide open but just can't see why the Bills would be the favorite with the glaring holes they have which is why they also have 3 losses right now and are on pace for a 10/11 season at best.

Just now, KingBoots8 said:

Ironically the 6-9 Bills vs Browns poo show in 2009 rings a bell regarding that Jauron era hahaha.

Brady Quinn & Derek Anderson vs Trent Edwards 🥶🤮

LOL...remember that "edge of your seat," 6-3 loss to Clevelend gem - with Trent Edwards throwing 1 yard passes on 3rd and anything?

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

True, but to me it is undeniable the Titans are the favorite for the #1 seed with an obvious leg up to reach the Super Bowl.

Tennessee has NO, Hou, Jac, Mia, and SF at home & NE, Pit, and Hou on the road remaining. If the Bills were to pass them while only losing one more game, the Titans would still need to lose 3. If the Bills lose 2, the Titans would need to lose 4. It's very difficult right now to see those scenarios playing out.

On the plus side is if the Bills have to play at Tennessee again. They wont have to deal with Henry and most of the fans will be cheering for them making it feel like a home game.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

But in all seriousness, this really makes no sense when you look at the totality of the Bills season thus far sitting at 5-3. IMO a true SB contender wins the Steelers and Jags game.

The 7-5 2020 Tampa Bay Buccaneers say hello...

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

LOL...remember that "edge of your seat," 6-3 loss to Clevelend gem - with Trent Edwards throwing 1 yard passes on 3rd and anything?

Oh god it WAS 6-3! I thought it was a barely more respectable 6-9 hahaha.

Literally the worst game of football I ever saw. I decided not to get a jersey that day because I already had my Moorman one and that was enough since he was our only good player that day lol

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

oof, I was at this game. Roscoe Parish muffed a punt late in the 4th, allowing the Browns to kick the go-ahead field goal. We boo'd the offense every time they took field in the 2nd half. 

After the game, Trent Edwards was asked if he would have boo'd if he was a fan, to which he responded, "I don't know; I'm not a fan." 

Those were tough times. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I remember the Cleveland game. They showed close-ups of Trent warming up on the sidelines. His eyes looked dead. I honestly said to myself this guy is done. It was a totally crap game but between two bad teams. The Jags game bothers me more because we are supposed to be championship contenders and they are one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league. Maybe they did but I don’t recall Jauron’s teams lacking effort, just ability.

On a side note Josh is #2 as mvp odds favorite after the Jagstastrophy. Go figure? We're just not physical enough on the OL to beat teams like Tennessee or Baltimore. I have no doubt Beane will draft/sign a boatload of olineman this spring and nobody is going after Daboll. Reset for 2022.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

They had the GOAT, good oline, etc.

You. Missed. The. Point.

He basically said if the Bills were a real SB contender they wouldn't be 5-3. If that is true then TB wasn't a real SB contender at 7-5.

And there wasn't anyone thinking the Buccaneers were SB contenders at 7-5 and coming off 3 losses in four games - including an absolute beating and pathetic performance by the GOAT with 3 INTs and a 40 QB rating against the Saints...

It is a long season and you do not pre-judge the outcome by what happens in the 8th game of the season...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

You. Missed. The. Point.

He basically said if the Bills were a real SB contender they wouldn't be 5-3. If that is true then TB wasn't a real SB contender at 7-5.

And there wasn't anyone thinking the Buccaneers were SB contenders at 7-5 and coming off 3 losses in four games - including an absolute beating and pathetic performance by the GOAT with 3 INTs and a 40 QB rating against the Saints...

It is a long season and you do not pre-judge the outcome by what happens in the 8th game of the season...

remember when the “??????” won the SB with a bunch of softies manning the OL ? 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

You. Missed. The. Point.

I disagree with this because again, everybody knows what Brady is capable of in the playoffs once the door is open.

Sure the media wasn't pounding the Bucs last year like they are now as SB favorites but it's about being a proven commodity and despite last year 13-3 season there's no evidence to suggest that this current Bills team as is about to run the table and win it all.

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

remember when the “??????” won the SB with a bunch of softies manning the OL ? 

Your entire premise revolves around your belief this oline is so bad and so soft that this team is incapable of winning a SB. Feel free to have that opinion. To me, your question is irrelevant because I happen to disagree with you. I think a realistic evaluation of the body of evidence with this team leans more in my favor than yours.

It is a long season. We will see.

18 minutes ago, MPL said:

oof, I was at this game. Roscoe Parish muffed a punt late in the 4th, allowing the Browns to kick the go-ahead field goal. We boo'd the offense every time they took field in the 2nd half. 

After the game, Trent Edwards was asked if he would have boo'd if he was a fan, to which he responded, "I don't know; I'm not a fan." 

Those were tough times. 

Nothing was tougher than 84 and 85. Back to back 2-14 seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.