Even after Jacksonville Debacle, Bills STILL favorite to win the Super Bowl

Big Turk

Wow...color me shocked...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-betting-the-bills-are-the-super-bowl-favorite-at-the-halfway-point-of-the-2021-season-144427688.html

Buffalo is the clear favorite for the AFC despite a Week 9 loss to Jacksonville. Here's how all the betting odds have changed through 9 weeks.

Things can change but right now in the AFC I would have the Ravens as the favorites followed by the Titans. They impressed me by going into LA and dominating the Rams without Henry. The Bills are in the mix but being one dimensional on offense hurts their chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...color me shocked...

You are shocked because you had a meltdown over one game, choosing to define a front office, coaching staff, and players on a one time performance rather than evaluating an entire body of work...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The Bills have beat 1 team with a winning record.  i think i'd tap the brakes on the super bowl talk until they beat a quality opponent.  In fact, let's start with beating a bottom feeder and work out from there

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are shocked because you had a meltdown over one game, choosing to define a front office, coaching staff, and players on a one time performance rather than evaluating an entire body of work...

Do you believe that the Buffalo Bills, as constituted today, are the best team in the NFL? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The Bills have beat 1 team with a winning record.  i think i'd tap the brakes on the super bowl talk until they beat a quality opponent.  In fact, let's start with beating a bottom feeder and work out from there

Do you believe that the Buffalo Bills, as constituted today, are the best team in the NFL? 

1. Your "bottom feeder" comment is a joke and shows no actual ability to analyze this team.

2. With Brown back in the lineup, all lineman healthy and playing in position, and Knox back in the lineup: The answer is they are absolutely capable of winning the SB.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

1. Your "bottom feeder" comment is a joke and shows no actual ability to analyze this team.

2. With Brown back in the lineup, all lineman healthy and playing in position, and Knox back in the lineup: The answer is they are absolutely capable of winning the SB.

Reading is fundamental.  "Bottom feeder" in my post refers to the opponents.  First, Jacksonville, then the Jets.  If you think losing to the Jags isn't a huge problem, then I don't know what to tell you.  A loss to the Jets is lights out for this season.  Even if we somehow fall backwards into the playoffs, we're not going to beat a winning team on the road.

Regarding point #2, if you're resting your hopes on a 5th round OL pick that basically nobody heard of 6 weeks ago, that his return will fix the Bills problems, then yeah, you're a homer.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Reading is fundamental.  "Bottom feeder" in my post refers to the opponents.  First, Jacksonville, then the Jets.  If you think losing to the Jags isn't a huge problem, then I don't know what to tell you.  A loss to the Jets is lights out for this season.  Even if we somehow fall backwards into the playoffs, we're not going to beat a winning team on the road.

Regarding point #2, if you're resting your hopes on a 5th round OL pick that basically nobody heard of 6 weeks ago, that his return will fix the Bills problems, then yeah, you're a homer.

Apparently, Vegas disagrees with your assessment of this team...along with pretty much every rational, critical thinking human being...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not only him, but half of this board.

It just shows that people outside are much more rational than fans here.

26 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I don't agree with most of what you say, but I have to give you credit for counting Chiefs win as beating the team with winning record. Many people will argue that record they had when we beat them matters.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

I don't agree with most of what you say, but I have to give you credit for counting Chiefs win as beating the team with winning record. Many people will argue that record they had when we beat them matters.

Just the Facts, No_Matter_What

Remember when the browns beat the pats in 2010? Do you think their fanbase was calling for heads after that game? It was 34-14. They had no business losing that game at all.

What about when the Bucs lost last year to NO? They got thrashed. Brady looked human. Do you think their fan base was ready to burn it all down after one awful performance? 

Good teams play bad games sometimes. Bad teams find ways to win against better opponents sometimes. Crap happens. We are a better team than we realize, and we sometimes have a habit of nitpicking our weaknesses. 

We aren’t perfect, sure, but we have the tools to win. If we can get our OL healthy and get Knox back I feel we will be primed to do our thing on offense again. With this Defense and Offense we can win. I do think there are other teams that either match up against us well or may even be more complete, but that doesn’t mean they get a free pass to the bowl.

please note- I’m not saying we are perfect or can’t improve. We were a play away from winning vs Tenn. We had a ST blunder be the difference vs Pitt. We, uh, lost to the damn Jags. I get it, but it’s not a forgone conclusion that we can’t win. You have the right to be frustrated, but this fa base can sometimes overreact because we are so afraid to be irrelevant again. 

trust the process- it’s worked well enough so far

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

I’m not smart enuf to see much daylight between the Bills, Ravens and Titans at this point. They are pretty much neck & neck. Certainly the Bills are in the mix with their D and Josh Allen. When crunch time arrives they will not be easy to beat. I think its fair to say that there is no need to overreact to the Jags loss right now. It was certainly an unwelcome surprise. I think its the worse loss I’ve ever endured as a Bills fan. I don’t think any Jauron team ever handed in so pathetic a report card. They weren’t any good but they were always coached up to be ready to perform to the best of their limited ability. But I fully expect the coaches and players to regroup and figure some stuff out and I don’t think you will see another debacle quite like the one we’ve just witnessed. Will the adjustments be good enuf? Don’t know, but I certainly expect them to be better, including notably along the O line. Lots of good teams have endured surprise blowouts and gotten back on course. And the Bills remain a good team imo.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I’m not smart enuf to see much daylight between the Bills, Ravens and Titans at this point. They are pretty much neck & neck. Certainly the Bills are in the mix with their D and Josh Allen. When crunch time arrives they will not be easy to beat. I think its fair to say that there is no need to overreact to the Jags loss right now. It was certainly an unwelcome surprise. I think its the worse loss I’ve ever endured as a Bills fan. I don’t think any Jauron team ever handed in so pathetic a report card. They weren’t any good but they were always coached up to be ready to perform to the best of their limited ability. But I fully expect the coaches and players to regroup and figure some stuff out and I don’t think you will see another debacle quite like the one we’ve just witnessed. Will the adjustments be good enuf? Don’t know, but I certainly expect them to be better, including notably along the O line. Lots of good teams have endured surprise blowouts and gotten back on course. And the Bills remain a good team imo.

Good post. Although you must have repressed some of those games under Jauron in order to deal with the trauma :P. I also remember some pathetic performances under Levy during their SB years. It happens. We'll see how they respond.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Negan said:

Bills still -13.5 at the Jets...

Vegas still thinks Bills are a SB favorite

One bad game doesn't define you

It's not just one game. They didn't look against Miami last week either. The offense has been off for most of the year. Teams are figuring them out. Til the start running the ball consistently they will have games they struggle in. 

• Eyeroll 2

I would have the Titans and Ravens ahead of the Bills myself.  Titans pulled off a huge upset without their best player. While the Ravens had a bad game but still pulled the win out.  I know it’s one game but the Titans also bet the Bills straight up and have a 2 game cushion for playoff position.  

mind you this doesn’t mean the Bills can’t be in or even win the SB just that being favorites seems wrong right now.  

• Agree 1

After the same type of JETS game last year with no touchdowns we went on a scoring spree, I believe we are going to turn things around in a dramatic fashion. 

This was that moment in the season were the team will look themselves in the mirror and get back to that underdog mentality. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.