Wyatt Teller-the one that got away

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That’s what I would have done.  Yes, there’s a chance the picks don’t turn out.  There’s also a chance that the guys that you pay regress.  If we paid 2 guards 30M than we’d have to let other good players go and replace them in the draft.  Like you said, not guaranteed to be good. Spend $ on the most valuable positions.  The OL is definitely VERY important and I view it as our biggest priority going forward, but paying 30M for 2 guards is just a poor allocation of resources imo.  

I wouldn’t have paid Feliciano that much money.  He’s not worth his salary and not a worthy starter in the nfl. 

I would’ve paid Daryl initially, but then we drafted Brown.  In hindsight (yeah, too late) I wouldn’t have.  He’s really regressed this year.  

I’d be happy with dawkins-Creed (then move to C next year)-Morse-Smith-Brown.  
the players we currently have in Creeds position are bad.  The players that we currently have in Smiths position are bad as well.  

I think i’d rather pay the guys who are guaranteed to be good because they already have been, on the most important position (outside of QB) in the NFL.

And then draft players at less important positions.

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think i’d rather pay the guys who are guaranteed to be good because they already have been, on the most important position (outside of QB) in the NFL.

And then draft players at less important positions.

Idk what to say if you think guards are the most important position other than QB.   Offensive line is not a position.  Tackles are more important than guards and their salaries show why they are 

I get that you want to protect the QB, but 30M is too much for OG, I’m sorry

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Idk what to say if you think guards are the most important position other than QB.   Offensive line is not a position.  Tackles are more important than guards and their salaries show why they are 

I get that you want to protect the QB, but 30M is too much for OG, I’m sorry

Position groups.

If we are down to debating semantics then I suppose this conversation has run it’s course.

Edited by Einstein

26 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Position groups.

If we are down to debating semantics then I suppose this conversation has run it’s course.

When this conversation started, my premise was always: paying 2 guards 30M is ridiculous.  Semantics were part of the conversation when it began. That’s hasn’t changed. 

it’s not a made up thing that guards are less valuable than tackles. They get paid much less.  The nfl agrees that guard is one of the least valuable positions in the league.  Investing 30M in it isn’t smart imo.  You disagree.  No worries. Go bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.