Referee Tony Corrente corrupt as *****!!!

Bubba Gump

On 11/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, SCBills said:

Noticing more and more people call out officiating this year.  

It’s bad, and more than just the typical “refs hate us” fans are talking about it. 

I hang around the NFL forum on Reddit and I’ve never seen the discussion so focused on the refs. Fans from every single team have talked about atrocious calls more than I’ve ever seen. The officiating is always hideous but it’s downright heinous and obnoxious this year. These refs need to be looked at and penalized for poor performance. 

Then there's the issue that we have a 69 year old on-field referee.  Please don't tell me that he's as fit and quick thinking as someone quite a bit younger. 

The refereeing crew is dealing with world class athletes in mainly their 20's and 30's.  Colonels in the military have to retire when they are in their 50's.

14 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

I was going to make a thread on the league being fixed after the blatant Jax game rigging, but others have jumped in. Glad to see so many people waking up. 

-NFL has an entertainment license not a sporting one (only wwe and roller derby share this similarity as far as pro sports go)

-you all need to look up court cases involving the nfl. They always use the defense that they’re one entity—one corporation—not 32 separate franchises as everyone would assume. This allows them to be classified as entertainment. 
-look up the Supreme Court case resulting from a jets fan suing the league after spygate. He and his lawyer argued the league had committed consumer fraud and that he never would have bought season tickets if he knew it wasn’t a legitimate sporting event. The judge ruled his ticket only granted him access into the stadium and that the nfl was under no obligation to provide a fair sporting contest because legally, the nfl is considered entertainment. 
-the amount of spread busters, ludicrous endings I might add, that occur in the nfl is actually comical. 

A common argument is “well how could everyone be in on it and they keep it quiet, no one has ever said anything from within the league.”

-It’s absolutely not everyone. There are NDAs in all nfl contracts, but what it appears to me is that each team has a few coaches and players who actively help steer outcomes on the field. The refs are clearly fixing and steering, this shouldn’t even be a question at this point. I won’t mention who in the Bills is helping this imo bc I don’t see the point. 
-There has been a whistle blower, a very recent one. And he had two pick sixes in a super bowl. Dwight Smith of the Bucs 

The Raiders Bucs super bowl was blatant. Even Tim Brown and Jerry Rice couldn’t contain themselves here. They had a totally different offense and then Callaghan goes back to the gruden one on Saturday the day before. Barrett Robins disappearance should Make a bit more sense now. 

I would get into the truth of the Hail Murray, but this board isn’t ready for that. 

The league is fixed. It’s entertainment not sport. They craft narratives and market them. That’s why weeks ago I said the Pats would play in the super bowl against the Bucs this year. Universally laughed at by the board, followed by comments of how bad the Pats are.

exactly what I said is happening is happening. Game manager rookie carried by defense and Belichek’s ‘genius.’ While obviously it’s still very early, I don’t see people laughing at the notion now. In fact there have been numerous threads on the real threat the Pats represent. The thing is, you all haven’t been watching the cheats play and seeing how much help they’re getting from the zebras, you’re just seeing the outcome. The nfl is repeating 2001 w Jones in place of Tommy Terrific. The narrative is who is the real reason for the Pats dynasty Bill or Tom. They will keep this going and I believe it’s the preferred narrative they wish to play out. Last year was the passing of the torch Possibility between mahomes and Brady. Green Bay was clearly the best team, but like in the pats hey day the Bucs dbs were allowed to maul opposing wrs. Such a great defense! 😂 yeah gbay and others got the colts treatment. Hard to get your offense going when the opposing team isn’t called for flags. 

im sure you all noticed this happen to us against the chiefs. We didn’t play our best but our receivers were mauled with almost no flags. It’s a joke. It’s clearly fixed. 

Flame away, but I went over about half of what I could’ve. I think a lot of people are starting to wake up with all this.

*btw Dwight mentions Jim Kelly! 

So who wins this?

Aside from the Bills making it, I would be down for watching Belichick humiliate Brady in the Super Bowl, complete with Brady sitting on the bench in tears with multiple close ups of his face while the commentators say how Bill was the reason for the dynasty and this, along with the 19-17 game where Brady didn't throw a TD, proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt now. 2 games vs Belichick, 0 total touchdowns, and 3 INT in the Super Bowl, 2 for pick 6's while the Bucs lose 45-0 would be an OK second place.

So should we know the name Tony Corrente before this incident?

Do fans know the names of refs? Or am I just ignorant? Do these guys have playing cards or something?

The only name I can think of off the top of my head is Ed Hochuli.

Either way, I’m down for bashing this guy as well as the dingleberries who called our game Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s clear the NFL wants certain teams to win over others. Last year when the Chiefs played the Browns and Bills, the Chiefs D was playing dirty, holding, etc., but barely got penalized. When it came to the Superbowl against the Bucs, the refs called everything the Chiefs D we’re getting away with against the Browns/Bills. It’s clear the NFL wanted a Brady/Mahomes Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, LeGOATski said:

He made the right call in that on initially and then was overturned. 

That game also included the stupid blind side block though, iirc.

I think that block was the ‘right’ call by the rules at the time but afterwards they were like what a stupid rule and made some changes to it lol supposedly refs review that play as an example of a legal block now which makes it even worse 😂

On 11/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, Just in Atlanta said:

So should we know the name Tony Corrente before this incident?

Do fans know the names of refs? Or am I just ignorant? Do these guys have playing cards or something?

The only name I can think of off the top of my head is Ed Hochuli.

Either way, I’m down for bashing this guy as well as the dingleberries who called our game Sunday.

You remember their names when they’re bad and he’s one of the bad ones lol I don’t even really watch baseball and I know angel Hernandez is a terrible ump 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TheFunPolice said:

So who wins this?

Aside from the Bills making it, I would be down for watching Belichick humiliate Brady in the Super Bowl, complete with Brady sitting on the bench in tears with multiple close ups of his face while the commentators say how Bill was the reason for the dynasty and this, along with the 19-17 game where Brady didn't throw a TD, proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt now. 2 games vs Belichick, 0 total touchdowns, and 3 INT in the Super Bowl, 2 for pick 6's while the Bucs lose 45-0 would be an OK second place.

I hate Belichick way more than Brady.

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

It’s clear the NFL wants certain teams to win over others. Last year when the Chiefs played the Browns and Bills, the Chiefs D was playing dirty, holding, etc., but barely got penalized. When it came to the Superbowl against the Bucs, the refs called everything the Chiefs D we’re getting away with against the Browns/Bills. It’s clear the NFL wanted a Brady/Mahomes Superbowl. 

Of course. They can steer or choreograph any outcome they want to maximize the biggest SB matchup/revenue possible. They can cover up anything they want, including a stunt like Corrente. This year will be no different. I would be shocked if the Rams don't strole into the SB. And they'll guide the team with the most compelling narrative out of the AFC.  Whatever qb generates the bigger rating score.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, SCBills said:

Noticing more and more people call out officiating this year.  

It’s bad, and more than just the typical “refs hate us” fans are talking about it. 

It's the worst I've ever seen, and I'm not even watching nearly as much football as I used to. There are terrible call in every game.

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's the worst I've ever seen, and I'm not even watching nearly as much football as I used to. There are terrible call in every game.

and the No Calls are nearly as bad.
is it really that hard with todays tech
I mean we all get to see slow mo zoom cams. NFL has quite few more camera angles of importance than we do.

and that WR from Jags had a his toe clearly OOB. !

yes still pissed

The taunting call is horrendous. But putting that aside, what was with the hip check that Corrente threw? I was waiting for THAT explanation in the NFL explanation video, but of course it cuts off prior to that. Regardless of wether the taunting call was technically correct or not, the optics of throwing a hip check and then tossing the flag like your droppin’ the mic is not good. If the player does that in reverse, he’s ejected, fined and possibly suspended. As coaches so often complain, “Call it both ways Ref.”

On 11/9/2021 at 8:00 AM, MarkyMannn said:

Marsh makes a good play, go celebrate on your sideline. No Good was going to come out of calling out the Steeler sideline. But I don't like that call gives Pitt the game.

Like it or not, NHL puts its whistles away 3rd period, let the players decide the game, not refs

by putting the whistle away and ignoring obvious penalties, the refs are deciding the game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.