Referee Tony Corrente corrupt as *****!!!

Bubba Gump

Just now, Gugny said:

Not gestures, per se.  But he walked toward the opposing team's bench and stared them down after making a huge play.  That's taunting.

I think the rule is asinine - don't get me wrong.  But it's the rule and if a player breaks it, they're gonna get flagged.

So staring is now unsportsmanlike conduct?  If not, then when is it ok to stare at your opponent? See the problem here?

The league is fixed—to the best of the NFL’s ability. And they have many methods of creating their desired outcomes. 

Anyone who doesn’t believe the NFL is rigged is simply in denial. Idk how you could watch Bills-Jags and conclude anything else. It was their most blatant one I’ve seen, and that’s because the officiating crew isn’t one of their top ones. The top ones are much more subtle with it, but it’s still beyond obvious. 

There’s a huge amount of compelling evidence to support this as well, but it’s a waste of time and energy to lay it all out. Still too many in denial who will defend the league even as they ***** over the Bills openly against the worst team in the league. 

Only three professional sports leagues are classified entertainment and not sport: WWE, Roller Derby, and…you guessed it..the NFL.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

So staring is now unsportsmanlike conduct?  If not, then when is it ok to stare at your opponent? See the problem here?

I don't see any problem.  What he did was against the rules and the ref penalized him for it.  If there's any problem, it's in the idiot player's head for losing the game for his team.

Corrente blew the chance to rip the flag when Marsh made move toward Pitt sideline, but Marsh never made it far enough or probably said anything to really justify taunting. I think his inner ref voice saw it through w/bizarre tactic of drawing contact. Timing of the theatrical flag rip shows that imo.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That is one of the most embarrassing ref decisions I've ever seen. Dont see any taunting at all. The only thing I can think of is that the player said something rude to the opposing team or the official but that would be unsportsmanlike conduct. just ridiculous. I said this after the Bills game. As soon as the officials became full time years ago they have increasingly seen themselves as  just as important as the players and feel the need to constantly affect the game.

Edited by Livinginthepast

13 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

The league is fixed—to the best of the NFL’s ability. And they have many methods of creating their desired outcomes. 

Anyone who doesn’t believe the NFL is rigged is simply in denial. Idk how you could watch Bills-Jags and conclude anything else. It was their most blatant one I’ve seen, and that’s because the officiating crew isn’t one of their top ones. The top ones are much more subtle with it, but it’s still beyond obvious. 

There’s a huge amount of compelling evidence to support this as well, but it’s a waste of time and energy to lay it all out. Still too many in denial who will defend the league even as they ***** over the Bills openly against the worst team in the league. 

Only three professional sports leagues are classified entertainment and not sport: WWE, Roller Derby, and…you guessed it..the NFL.

Football is such a game of inches and single plays that it lends itself perfectly (not to fixing, exactly) but to timely calls to influence an outcome one way or another. 

Sure, in basketball you can call fouls, travelling, etc. but each team gets so many chances that unless it's in a key last minute moment you can always make it up. 

In football there are so few games and so few possessions, really. A 10 yard holding call to negate a big run can totally kill a drive and flip field position as well. Between illegal contact, holding (either OL or DB) and now taunting, you can almost throw on any given play and make a reasonable case for it. 

Pass interference can basically give the offense points, especially since it usually happens on a deep ball. 

Just one call in a football game leads to so many other circumstances, which makes the sport unique. 

Team A has the ball 1st and 10 at Team B's 40 yard line. Team A runs for 21 to the 19!

HOLDING!

Instead of 1st and 10 and the 19, it's 1st and 20 at the 50. 

Now, Team A is more likely to call totally different plays, maybe dropping back to pass more, which opens up the chances for a sack, fumble, INT. 

So it's not directly "scripting" but a call here and there can really change a football game in a way that it wouldn't in hockey, baseball, or basketball. 

And if you're playing Tommy Brady in a game that really matters? LOL

Expect ZERO holding calls on Tommy's team and many on yours. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not gestures, per se.  But he walked toward the opposing team's bench and stared them down after making a huge play.  That's taunting.

I think the rule is asinine - don't get me wrong.  But it's the rule and if a player breaks it, they're gonna get flagged.

The point is that it happens all the time and is not flagged.  Like constantly.  Then, all of a sudden, in this situation they call it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

A person would have to be extremely stupid to think otherwise. 

Honestly, all I've heard since Sunday is "they didn't lose the game due to the flags" 

Yes, in a way they absolutely did. They also played like garbage 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't see any problem.  What he did was against the rules and the ref penalized him for it.  If there's any problem, it's in the idiot player's head for losing the game for his team.

I guess you could argue that pretty much anything a player does after he makes a big play is "taunting" under the current rule, and that's the problem.  Just way too much leeway for referees to make game-altering calls with no real standards to apply and no accountability.  And here's the beauty part: these are, by definition, game-changing calls because they happen only after a big play by the team that gets flagged.  I mean, why else taunt, right?   

Think of it this way:

Pretend you were a corrupt ref who wanted to influence the outcome of an NFL game. How easy would it be, assuming the teams are playing roughly even?

You could just pick 2 spots, 1 for each team. If I want team A to win:

Hit Team B with a defensive pass interference either in or near the end zone, preferably on a deep ball, and preferably somewhat early on in the game so it's not going to get the same level of scrutiny. Worst case scenario the commentators say "golly, I don't see it there but who knows anymore?!" and the game goes right on. Likely there's SOME contact so you have deniability. You saw it in the moment, fast moving game, etc.

Then, hit Team B with an offensive holding or hands to the face, preferably on a 3rd down and 10 play that negates a first down somewhere and makes it 3rd down and 20, especially if Team B is deeper in their own end. This almost assures that they run a draw and punt. 

By doing just that, you've essentially gifted Team A 7 points and killed a drive for Team B, when there are only so many per half. 

In a close game, that's enormous. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

It was just crazy how many calls went against the bears. I’m no conspiracy theorist but I have to think twice now. And don’t forget the no calls when Pit could’ve been penalized. Blatant roughing the passer on Fields and nothing called. If that were Brady or Rodgers, fogettaboutit - flag would’ve been out before they hit the ground. 

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've been saying this for over 25 years. Do you not remember the infamous Seattle Pittsburgh SB.  The league will always take care of its favorite blue blood organizations. And those that ignore it are just naive.

Fun fact: The six owner compensation committee that determined Goodell’s last compensation package - which was then passed unaltered by the owners - was comprised of:

Arthur Blank, Chairman

Clark Hunt

Robert Kraft

John Mara

Bob McNair

Art Rooney

That contract paid him $128M over the last 2 years.  I wonder how Roger feels about those owners and their teams?

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Fun fact: The six owner compensation committee that determined Goodell’s last compensation package - which was then passed unaltered by the owners - was comprised of:

Arthur Blank, Chairman

Clark Hunt

Robert Kraft

John Mara

Bob McNair

Art Rooney

That contract paid him $128M over the last 2 years.  I wonder how Roger feels about those owners and their teams?

As much as Atlanta blew that Super Bowl, let us not forget that they had the ball on the NE 21 with around 2:30 to go and up 8.

What happened?

HOLDING to push them back past the 30. Without that holding call Atlanta still wins that Super Bowl and Tommy doesn't complete the comeback.

Now, players still have to make plays, but by essentially ending Atlanta's hope of scoring (all they needed was an insurance FG to go up 11 and it's game over) they gave NE a chance. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

As much as Atlanta blew that Super Bowl, let us not forget that they had the ball on the NE 21 with around 2:30 to go and up 8.

What happened?

HOLDING to push them back past the 30. 

They lost to the Kraft owned Patriots.  He’s on that list too.  Nice that they both made it there.  And that Covid didn’t hit ‘ol Roger in the pocketbook too hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, mannc said:

What gestures did he make?  Why not just make it a 15-yard penalty not to retreat to your own bench area after every play, if it's based on him "walking toward his opponents' sideline"?  Are the Steelers such snowflakes that they need protection from an opposing player walking toward their sideline?  

Dude, he had a threatening posture. You'd not want these 53 Steelers protected (plus coaches and staff)  from this one mean mugging guy? I felt the terror. Zero tolerance for intimidation! I'll go cry in my safe place now.

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Keep in mind that he won the Super Bowl. Not a sore loser talking here. 

I had watched that video a few days back and came away unconvinced TBH. Retired players often are sour as they've lost all the surrounding folks taking care of them and all. Some favoritism possible? Sure. But nope, nothing THAT blatant IMO. Anyway, that video didn't convince me at all.

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

You can boo me all you want for that price tag ha ha

Edited by Jerome007
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

The guy walked toward the steelers sideline eyeballing them. I don't believe the "bump" factored in. 

I agree the call should have not been made but the bears player wasn't innocent, with the emphasis on taunting he should have just played it safe.

So you are now not allowed to look at the opposing teams sidelines? 😂

14 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I had watched that video a few days back and came away unconvinced TBH. Retired players often are sour as they've lost all the surrounding folks taking care of them and all. Some favoritism possible? Sure. But nope, nothing THAT blatant IMO. Anyway, that video didn't convince me at all.

To each his own. Sounded to me like a guy who had seen enough and was sick of being quiet about it. 

You know what should be cracked down on, and considered unsportsmanlike conduct? This idiotic practice on defense where after a turnover, a group of players have to run all the way to the opposite end zone to celebrate. Even worse, sometime they are joined by players off the sideline.   

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Football is such a game of inches and single plays that it lends itself perfectly (not to fixing, exactly) but to timely calls to influence an outcome one way or another. 

First down by penalty.

That's your statistical clue to who the NFL is attempting to help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.