The loss of Knox has caught up to us

78thealltimegreat

41 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Wow, get rekt, me.  Instead of the zero receptions i thought he had, he had infinity percent more catches at 1

Do you think it was a good decision to give him a roster spot instead of Hollister?

That would be 3 receptions including a TD.  I'm not saying that's great, but if you're going to ask and be handed the info, at least process it correctly.

The decision I think is more open to question right now, is Tommy Sweeney instead of Hollister.  Hollister is a depth TE who can play when asked.  Sweeney was kept I think because his physique in theory makes him more physical and able to block and to stay on his routes, but he has yet to prove that "can play when asked" bit.

Gilliam has been playing >80% of the ST snaps and I think that's primarily why he's on the roster.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And in general this franchise has thrown scrub players at the problem forever. 

Ryan Neufeld, Lee Smith, Chris Gragg, Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson, Derek Schouman, Nick O'Leary, Matt Murphy, Joe Klopfenstein. 

Since 2010 we've drafted a total of four Tight Ends. 

Knox, Sweeney, O'Leary, Gragg. 

That's it. 

So this Coaching Staff and Front Office can talk all they want about recognizing the trends in the NFL, but players like Tommy Sweeney are still on the roster, Reggie Gilliam who can't play Fullback or Tight End effectively because he is a tweener. 

It's never been a focus of the Bills to get Tight End correct, we've got no depth at all, and haven't forever. 

Lee Smith was the only contributor in bunch.  We can really use him inside the 10.  He could block like an OT and he could find creases in the end zone.   I never understood why people didn’t like him, he had a limited role but he filled it well IMO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.