Josh Allen: “I put the ball in danger too often, I played like *****”

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Success said:

Allen has nothing to prove, as far as I'm concerned.  I'd still take him over any other QB in the league.

It was a bad day yesterday. There are certainly excuses like the line - but he did revert to some hero-ball stuff that he has done an excellent job taking out of his overall game.  I'd chalk that kind of lapse up to desperation, which we all felt as the game progressed and we couldn't pull away from a team like the Jags (who I actually don't think are that bad, just young)....

You'd play hero ball too if your entire OL decided to boycott the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RosseauDaGawd said:

He needs to check his *****in ego! He's so full of himself acting like hes superman cuz he hurdled someone...big whoop. 1 play. And the fans feed into it. He needs some humble pie. Hope he shapes up after this embarassment or else he'll be bagging groceries in no time!!!!

Not as much of an embarrassment as this post...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still had his moments

Not to brag, but i could do this with a Nerf football, when i was young, with the dog in the backyard, just the 2 of us, no pass rush, nobody watching. 

Lol! That was a crazy play!

okat folks here is a very valid take regarding the Bills current situation and Im quoting....

I dunno, this is the same team that went 13-3 last season, and went on tear in the 2nd half of last season through most of the playoffs, so I don;t think it's the crisis most are posting, let's remember something, our Bills lost back to back games to KC/TENN last year where our O also suddenly dissapeared, and the same coaching staff fixed the issues, and overcame the losses, and O struggled in the Ravens/Steelers 2020 games

My point is, Allen & Co are not always in high gear, it happens, it's the NFL

Ok, sure, neither of those games were as bad as what we saw yesterday, and in the 2020 games where Josh and OL struggled it was against top tier D's or elite teams, it being the Jags, I get the concern, and I equally share it, no question the OL had it's worst game in a season and a half, and yes I concur that Daboll was deficient in not running the ball more and or using personal to create a 6th or 7th backfield blocker, and lets not forget the penalties

Josh also played poorly, I know everyone here loves loves loves him, and so fans want to point blame elsewhere, but he had a serious off game yesterday, which he fully acknowledged, and look that happens, every elite NFL QB has em

I also concur that GM/HC Sean makes some unusual game day coaching decisions and he erred not drafting another high interior draft pick this off season, like the Chiefs did, or the Saints keep doing, specifically in the 2nd round, though the emergence of 3rd rounder Brown is a really nice surprise (as is DE Rousseau, so they had a good draft)

However, I also remember this board was on fire, in a ton of negativity, after the Chiefs/Titans loss last season, and look what happened, our team overcame those losses, and it was a magical magical season, so me, I'm calm, I'm being brutally honest about the Bills horrific loss yesterday, but I still have a ton of faith in mgmt to fix the issues, just as they did last season, plus I still see the leagues #1D playing lights out, and penalties aside, great ST, and elite NFL players on the O, and I'm not throwing our starting tackles under the bus, they're solid players

I think HC/GM Sean fixes it this Sunday, and beyond, we will see

I think this is input we can all take courage from! GO BILLS #wilcoam

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Josh is right.

He looked like complete dogchit. 

Now that he's admitted it maybe we can stop defending him

He played a really rough game but to say he got less then zero help is an understatement his oline has more leaks then the titanic 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I have a question: if they had a player back to receive that final punt and he fair caught it, stopping the clock with 1 or 2 seconds, would Josh be able to launch a Hail Mary from that far back? I can't remember where the ball landed

There would have at least been a chance at a PI in a Hail Mary to put us in fg range. 

I think I may have said "Cody was a weakness,  they identified Cody as a weakness and took advantage of it.  Almost got me killed.   And who the heck was Darryl Williams supposed to be blocking on the play that took us out of range for the tying field goal?  Not to mention the drops, wtf?".

But that's why I am not a great leader

Allen’s production is more or less right on pace with what he did last year through 8 games, right? They just need to find a way to manufacture more “clean” time for him back there. I don’t know how they do it with the current OL personnel, but if Daboll wants that big boy job with some team he should be able to figure something out.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.