0.22 Yards before contact in the running game.

damj

I get that the Oline has been bad but how much of this is scheme? Have we ever once ran a pitch or anything to the outside with a lead blocker? Have we ever run a single running play that looks like it was designed to work? Every team in the league has running plays that look as if they intended on running the ball at some point. We look like we are doing it to shut people up with the most unimaginative garbage that is destined to fail from the snap. The most successful run designs seem to be sweeps to the qb. The line is an issue but man is there even comprehension from Dabol on what a run play looks like?

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Beasley is beaten up this year and was beaten up late in the season last year.

Sanders looks great so far, but he's old enough that you wonder how he'll do late in the season. The older you get the more you wear down. IMO assuming we'll be fine with these WRs next year is assuming far too much at their age. You don't want to be replacing guys too late.

And overall Daboll is a terrific play caller. Not that he's perfect and not that he does well every week, but nobody's perfect and nobody does well every week. I agree about the OL, though, in particular the interior., and even more specifically the guards.

I keep seeing that stated here, but he has played on 68% of the O snaps--the second highest in his career.  At this pace he will have his highest play total for even a 16 game season.  He's on pace to have career high targets and catches this season and is catching 76% of his targets (tied for career high).

He may be banged up but there's no impact on his output so far.

Daboll's play calling since Tennessee is getting worse, not better.  He's being stymied by teams they should be dunking on.  Yes the O-line sucks but OCs can scheme around that--see Darrell Bevell in his days with a very mobile, big armed QB and a bad O-line in SEA.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Several things can be true at once. They are on the older side, and in another year that will certainly not be any better. 

I never said they all had to be rookies. Guys like Smoke and Sanders can be found every year.  Just reload if that is the best path, like moving on from oft injured Brown and signing Sanders. 

Diggs is just entering his prime.  Davis is a future star.  But yeah, drafting a WR high next year would be nice, but it's not Beane's style.

this is how you beat 2 deep shell. CEH 26-161 for 6.2ypc. kc 245 yards rushing as a team you pound it. we dont have a CEH tho. if you remember back to brady /pats they would have games where they would explode on the ground. need to be able to evolve and change O gameplan and be good at everything to be a champion. 

https://www.nfl.com/games/chiefs-at-bills-2020-reg-6?active-tab=watch

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Many people in this forum feel a different running back would solve all the problem in the run game.  I’m of the belief that the problem lies within the OL.  Very few running backs are going to be as successful getting hit behind the LOS 

I think it should be obvious to everyone watching the game that it was the line.  The RBs are not great but no one was ready to block.  Ford was bad, Williams was bad and should only be playing Guard, and Dawkins wasn't his usually effective self.  Our best Olinemen were Morse and Boettger and they are usually our worst.  I'm guessing they would chalk it up to unusual bad game and move on.  I do not want to see Ford on the field for a whole game ever again.

18 hours ago, NoSaint said:

that is horrific 

to the point I highly question its accuracy. The guys would be getting hit at the exchange. On every single play. 

do you believe 8 inches before contact would seem abnormal by your eye? 

No, then that would be negative yardage. Basically, the backs are getting hit behind the LOS about half the time, which averages out to just north of zero.

Edited by dave mcbride

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I get that the Oline has been bad but how much of this is scheme? Have we ever once ran a pitch or anything to the outside with a lead blocker? Have we ever run a single running play that looks like it was designed to work? Every team in the league has running plays that look as if they intended on running the ball at some point. We look like we are doing it to shut people up with the most unimaginative garbage that is destined to fail from the snap. The most successful run designs seem to be sweeps to the qb. The line is an issue but man is there even comprehension from Dabol on what a run play looks like?

This is my thought as well. I think back to some of those Gailey/Fitz lines that seemed worse than this one. Or at least covered up better. Demetrius Bell and Chris Hairston weren't beating anybody one on one. But we did a good job of getting the ball out quickly and spreading the field. 

I don't think Allen or the offense has played well. Part of it is execution on Allen. Some is on the OL. Some is on Daboll. 

18 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Unfortunately, it could be worse. Not all changes are good ones. And there just aren't a lot of decent guards out there. Bobby Hart was recently plucked from our practice squad. That tells you how bad the supply is right now.

Well we should be plucking guards our self... Don't know how much worse this can get

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, balln said:

this is how you beat 2 deep shell. CEH 26-161 for 6.2ypc. kc 245 yards rushing as a team you pound it. we dont have a CEH tho. if you remember back to brady /pats they would have games where they would explode on the ground. need to be able to evolve and change O gameplan and be good at everything to be a champion. 

https://www.nfl.com/games/chiefs-at-bills-2020-reg-6?active-tab=watch

No…..we don’t have an OL that is capable of opening holes consistently/ever.

I agree that our RBs are meh, but they aren’t the biggest problem with our running game.  The OL is

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Amazing. I calculated that at a distance of 40 yards a deer has .43 seconds to react to the sound before contact from my crossbow bolt. At .22 seconds before contact I don’t think our rbs have a chance.

Which looked more frightened? The Bills' RB or Bambi?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.