TE Darren Fells headed to waivers (update: unclaimed, signed to Bucs PS)

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

are you confusing Sweeney for Kyle Pitts?

Nope.  Pretty sure I have never complimented Sweeney in any way.

And I am not saying that Fells isn't better than Sweeney.  The opinion of Fells is just a little bit over the top in some of these posts.

*Sweeney has 9 receptions and 1 TD this season.  Fells has 4 receptions and 0 TDs.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain

14 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

As much sense as it makes to bring in Fells, who was a basketball player in college, the Bills seems to want to stay with their homegrown talent. 

agreed. 

for those complaining, who do they want the bills to cut to sign fells? Sweeney had a bad game last week, but I am not ready to pull the plug on him. He has flashed, including only a week ago. 

1 hour ago, Conlan58 said:

How is it that a team with an embarrassment of riches at the TE position signs this guy, but not the Bills? I would describe the Bills strength at TE more of an embarrassment than anything, and players like Fells don't become available all that often. 

I mean, it’s possible the guy wanted to play with Tampa instead of Buffalo…

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. 

for those complaining, who do they want the bills to cut to sign fells? Sweeney had a bad game last week, but I am not ready to pull the plug on him. He has flashed, including only a week ago. 

Sweeney belongs in the practice squad. 

• Agree 1

Fells going to TB is what a real contender does even though TE was far from a need for them.

Meanwhile the Bills refuse to bring in anybody from outside the organization unless they played for the Panthers and continue to hold a misguided belief their roster is supreme to everyone elses.

If this team loses to the Jets I'm at the point where I hope the rest of the season is a complete trainwreck so Beane can be exposed for the fraud he is.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I mean, it’s possible the guy wanted to play with Tampa instead of Buffalo…

I think that any money he gets from his new team gets deducted from what the Lions have to pay him since he cleared waivers.

So there isn't a financial incentive to signing with a team that wants him on the active roster right away.............and by choosing Tampa he is going to the defending SB champ who a lot of players probably think will probably rise up late in the season and win the SB again..........because,  you know,  TB12.   

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Nope.  Pretty sure I have never complimented Sweeney in any way.

And I am not saying that Fells isn't better than Sweeney.  The opinion of Fells is just a little bit over the top in some of these posts.

*Sweeney has 9 receptions and 1 TD this season.  Fells has 4 receptions and 0 TDs.

Sweeney plays with Josh Allen, Fells with Jared Goff…nuff said

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Brandon is just in love with the draft picks he makes that McDermott will eventually bench 

Problem is that McDermott doesn’t bench them, he plays them

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Fells going to TB is what a real contender does even though TE was far from a need for them.

Meanwhile the Bills refuse to bring in anybody from outside the organization unless they played for the Panthers and continue to hold a misguided belief their roster is supreme to everyone elses.

If this team loses to the Jets I'm at the point where I hope the rest of the season is a complete trainwreck so Beane can be exposed for the fraud he is.

You are really looking foolish here

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

This is nuts.  A team with Gronk, OJ Howard and Cameron Brate is better positioned at TE than at worst 30 of the 32 teams in the league.  And THEY sign Fells???  Is there anything stopping us from trying to sign him to our active roster?

He wasn't in camp with the Bills and never played for the Panthers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.