No random thoughts this week (LAMP)

Virgil

Mods, I honestly didn't know what else to call this or where to put it.

I won't be able to write my random thoughts post this week.  I apologize as I know there are a few who look forward to that weekly post.  Other have posted similar threads and did an excellent job. I recommend taking a look. 

My apologies

Edit - many are assuming this is because they lost and I’m upset about it.  That is not the case.  I am pissed they lost, but I’ve written plenty of these after a bad loss.  Other things, that I don’t feel like sharing came up, and I don’t want to half ass it.  Also, my seats made a lot of things difficult to see, so I don’t even know if my notes are accurate.  

All things I didn’t think I had to go into, but apparently some look for the negative 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Random thoughts on Bills

Well we do have great QB going forward.  Not his best game, but Josh needs help

We also have a great defense.  Our lack of running game is killing us

We have neglected Oline and RB- and it's biting us in ass right now.

Whats up with all the penalties?  Sure many were tickytack.  7 personal fouls- thats on McD

Not accepting holding penalty was horrible coaching decision, and ultimately cost us game

Green Bay ran the ball for 1st on 3rd and 6.  Bills dont have that option.

Until the Bills can run the ball, they are pretenders

We still have slight shot, but our season is on life support.  If we lose to Jets, season is over

Josh needs protection, and he needs playmakers.  No one is scared of Singletary or Moss

Prove me wrong Bills.

Bass kicks ass.

Bills ******** offense continues, we go nowhere.  I will pay more attention to draft and Sabres.

Right now, next year is when we contend, assuming a good draft and FA

Wyatt Teller is FA-sign at all costs

Lets go Buffalo!

[Moderator edited for language]

Edited by Chandler#81
Language
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I won't be able to write my random thoughts post this week.  I apologize as I know there are a few who look forward to that weekly post.  Other have posted similar threads and did an excellent job. I recommend taking a look. 

My apologies

I'd be upset, too, if I spent all that money and traveled all that way to watch the Bills mail it in.

Look forward to you getting back in the saddle next Monday, Virg!

P.S. - Let me know if you need a hug ... or want to spoon.

• Haha (+1) 8

56 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Would be like the players and coaches today having to watch that game film.

Not that I expect genial HC McD to sully himself in this regard, but I'd make the team watch the game over and over again.  Before practice, during practice, and after practice.  If there's a single molecule of pride anywhere on that team it'll piss them off

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Not that I expect genial HC McD to sully himself in this regard, but I'd make the team watch the game over and over again.  Before practice, during practice, and after practice.  If there's a single molecule of pride anywhere on that team it'll piss them off

same here.  and I would post Buffalo News quotes about how pathetic Bills demeanor was

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Random thoughts on Bills

Well we do have great QB going forward.  Not his best game, but Josh needs help

We also have a great defense.  Our lack of running game is killing us

We have neglected Oline and RB- and it's biting us in ass right now.

Whats up with all the penalties?  Sure many were tickytack.  7 personal fouls- thats on McD

Not accepting holding penalty was horrible coaching decision, and ultimately cost us game

Green Bay ran the ball for 1st on 3rd and 6.  Bills dont have that option.

Until the Bills can run the ball, they are pretenders

We still have slight shot, but our season is on life support.  If we lose to Jets, season is over

Josh needs protection, and he needs playmakers.  No one is scared of Singletary or Moss

Prove me wrong Bills.

Bass kicks ass.

Bills ******** offense continues, we go nowhere.  I will pay more attention to draft and Sabres.

Right now, next year is when we contend, assuming a good draft and FA

Wyatt Teller is FA-sign at all costs

Lets go Buffalo!

[Moderator edited for language]

Totally agree with your post.  The last thing I want for the Bills to do is get to and yet lose another Super Bowl.  Imagine the national jokes that would follow.   Right now, the best team in football is Arizona.  They win decisively with their backups.   I thought for a while it was the Rams, but after last night...nope.  They are a finesse team...and yesterday revealed they crack under pressure.

So...for this week, I am interested in what McD does to right the ship.  Does he make the uneasy decisions to bring this team back to winning form...benching players, challenging coaches, etc...particularly on the offensive side of the ball? 

From there, it's one week at a time with hopefully steady improvement, and then we'll just see.   Playoff seeding...who cares?  Is this team even good enough to win it's division in light of the Pats success? 

My expectations are lowered...and in truth, it makes it easier to watch and enjoy football.   

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

My apologies

Edit - many are assuming this is because they lost and I’m upset about it.  That is not the case.  I am pissed they lost, but I’ve written plenty of these after a bad loss.  Other things, that I don’t feel like sharing came up, and I don’t want to half ass it.  Also, my seats made a lot of things difficult to see, so I don’t even know if my notes are accurate.  

All things I didn’t think I had to go into, but apparently some look for the negative 

Virgil...I'm actually glad you are refraining from your usually objective and well-expressed accounts of the Bills games, in light of yesterday's debacle.  I mean...what else is left to say?  And I do hope that whatever issues are distracting and disturbing you at present pass quickly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

My apologies

Hey Virgil.  I appreciate all that you do and I also look forward to your post every week.  Those of us that have respect for you and this forum understand that life happens, and it doesn’t always ask for our permission.  I hope all well and i’ve got your back. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

My apologies

Hope whatever else came up isn't serious. Look forward to seeing you back at the next game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

My apologies

Virgil- I do not blame you one bit! 

9 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'll provide the lyrics this week then:

Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?
(Double-barrel buckshot)
Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?

This season is Pearl Jam lyrics.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

My apologies

You actually traveled to watch that "game?"

My condolences.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.