I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Split with NE and you have 4 losses.. I can easily see you losing 2 of 3 to TB, Indy, and NO. 

NO already lost to the Giants and Falcons at home. Their QB situation isn't the greatest right now. I am not saying the Saints game is gimme but the Bills should be favored to win that one. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yawn.. the fallback to every fan who hates the Pats. Mind you do any sort of research and you see how dumb Spygate and Deflategate were by the NFL.

Mind you he was found guilty of cheating. Name me one other NFL HC coach who has that distinction? 
Just make sure you come around when your team losses. I didn’t see much of you last year. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I don’t expect to sweep the Pats this year. They are a sound football team and no one prepares better than Belichick. Also no team has ever swept their division two years in a row. Not even the Pats during their dominance. 

Vrabel does.  He has beaten NE the last three times they have played and once was in NE for Brady's last game as a Pat.  Nov 28th Vrabel heads back to NE again to face the Pats. If TN wins that Pat game they are lock for the one seed.  

41 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Split with NE and you have 4 losses.. I can easily see you losing 2 of 3 to TB, Indy, and NO

I don't think the Bills will split with the Pats***...we'll take 'em both.  And it's more likely the Bills win 2 of those 3 than lose 2 of 3.

The Pats*** are playing well and many of us predicted they would be a team to be reckoned with.  That doesn't mean they are on the Bills' level.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Teams get psyched out by the Pats these days.  The Browns were like a deer in the headlights yesterday - once it started spiraling, it just got worse & worse.  

BB has the mental edge over pretty much every opponent in the NFL at this point. There is that "mystique" that we've seen throughout sports history with certain teams & coaches.  Shula & Miami used to have the same thing.

It's a real psychological edge, and they certainly have that w/ the Bills.  Until we consistently beat them, winning meaningful games & taking the division in consecutive years, they'll loom like some sort of deranged rule-breaking specter that refuses to go away.

• Eyeroll 1

I've moved past mild concern to serious concern over the Patriots and no rational fan can say the Bills are playing better right now just because we smashed another pathetic team with a QB that had less than a handful of starts yesterday.

Pats are a very complete team and Mac Jones is not a game manager for those who have been paying attention in recent weeks. The metrics say he's been playing at an elite level which is insane giving the circumstances as a rookie QB.

Not going to be the popular opinion here but at this point I think the Pats cruise to the division this year given their remaining schedule and best case will be splitting with them and securing the top WC spot as the #5 seed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've moved past mild concern to serious concern over the Patriots and no rational fan can say the Bills are playing better right now just because we smashed another pathetic team with a QB that had less than a handful of starts yesterday.

Pats are a very complete team and Mac Jones is not a game manager for those who have been paying attention in recent weeks. The metrics say he's been playing at an elite level which is insane giving the circumstances as a rookie QB.

Not going to be the popular opinion here but at this point I think the Pats cruise to the division this year given their remaining schedule and best case will be splitting with them and securing the top WC spot as the #5 seed.

"Cruise" is a bit strong.  They'd have to sweep the Bills for an easy division win.

I think we split w/ them, and it comes down to the final couple of weeks.  And maybe tiebreakers.

• Like (+1) 1

For 2 decades we were chasing the Pats.  At the end of the day who is the better Qb.  Its Allen.  Ne has a formula.  Run the ball and get the lead.  Play aggressive defense and make the opposing team 1 dimensional.  Force a team to pass and beat them.  What happens when they are down 2 scores?  I don't believe they can win other ways.  Allen is the trump card.  He shredded their secondary last year.  It happens again what do they do?   

This response nails it IMO. Mac is playing well right now. People are treating it like it's a hot take to say he's playing better than Brady did his first year with the Patriots when it shouldn't be. But that doesn't mean he'll follow the same development arc that Brady did. At any rate, New England is going to be a tough out with their defense, run game, and competent QB play and Mac has been more than competent at times this season.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

"Cruise" is a bit strong.  They'd have to sweep the Bills for an easy division win.

I think we split w/ them, and it comes down to the final couple of weeks.  And maybe tiebreakers.

Either way the Bills margin of error the rest of the way is slim to zero.

What's more vomit inducing is the fact the Pats found another QB so fast after one down season with Cam Newton, but even then they still managed 7 wins.

But looking at the rest of the Pats schedule, outside of the Bills MNF game you can argue they will be the favorites in every game left (including TEN at home). I honestly won't be surprised if the game in Buffalo is considered PICK EM either unless the Bills truly show some dominance these next few games against the Saints and Colts.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This response nails it IMO. Mac is playing well right now. People are treating it like it's a hot take to say he's playing better than Brady did his first year with the Patriots when it shouldn't be. But that doesn't mean he'll follow the same development arc that Brady did. At any rate, New England is going to be a tough out with their defense, run game, and competent QB play and Mac has been more than competent at times this season.

Mac's play has me nervous, and he does look great for a rookie.

But watching yesterday, he could eat a sandwich in the pocket w/ the time that line gives him. Allen would be setting records with that kind of pocket.

The times I've seen Jones pressured, he's very average (at best).  

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sean Peyton 

What bugs me about BB is that he's a brilliant coach - but still feels like he has to push the envelope to gain an advantage.

In the Bills/Giants SB, he allegedly told linemen to kick the ball at the LOS once in awhile to disrupt the K-Gun offense.  Is it egregious?  No.  But part of me is just like, play the game on the field. You don't need to do that stuff.

BB deserves his reputation.

Haven't read the whole thread, but many of the Pats fans and psuedo-Bills fans are pointing out the running games. 

The ferocious Pats running game is 15th at 114.5 ypg and 4.1 ypc

BTW, this other team that has no running game is 10th at 122 ypg and 4.6 ypc. Any guesses who that might be?

Oh and that team has the number 1 Defense in the NFL

And, we haven't even gotten to the QBS, Mac Jones is likely to have his comeuppance before long - all rookies do.

I think the Pats fans and psuedo-Bills fans should be extremely worried about playing us twice!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.