Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully he sits. I’m eager to see a change in how the unit is run and even though I think Moss would be the better option I was looking forward to seeing Singletary get more touches and hopefully get into more of a rhythm. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I expect Buffalo to play with a massive chip on their shoulder and drop 40 on these fools. Last week will serve as the turning point for this season. 

God I hope you’re right 

56 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Good.  Let's still see what Breida's got.

Id like to see Moss/Breida as our backs.  

Breida on 1st/2nd down and Moss as the 3rd down/short yardage back.   

Ive come to terms with that never happening, but a man can dream. 

29 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is it bad that I wish he wasn't quite yet?

Yeah, it really is.  Never wish someone lasting concussion symptoms.

I think Singletary》》》Moss but Moss generally seems to get the more consequential snaps.

So Moss gets more YAC than Singletary (click to embiggen) and breaks more tackles than Singletary:

image.thumb.png.8a17c3039918813f2c32781f26d6bf68.png

I'm not sure what you mean by "more consequential snaps", but if you mean "gets the ball when we need 2 yards", well.....

Moss has also gotten more YAC as a receiver.

Plus if Moss were out it would force Daboll's hand to put Breida in on O for a good number of plays 

I'm not sure anything but McDermott pinning him would force Daboll's hand, but have you considered that possibly, Breida is not the solution he's deemed to be by so many here?  Perhaps there's a reason he hasn't been able to see the field..... he didn't in Miami, and SF moved on from him.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, it really is.  Never wish someone lasting concussion symptoms.

So Moss gets more YAC than Singletary (click to embiggen) and breaks more tackles than Singletary:

image.thumb.png.8a17c3039918813f2c32781f26d6bf68.png

I'm not sure what you mean by "more consequential snaps", but if you mean "gets the ball when we need 2 yards", well.....

Moss has also gotten more YAC as a receiver.

I'm not sure anything but McDermott pinning him would force Daboll's hand, but have you considered that possibly, Breida is not the solution he's deemed to be by so many here?  Perhaps there's a reason he hasn't been able to see the field..... he didn't in Miami, and SF moved on from him.

I personally believe Singletary is the best back on our team.  He is certainly the most "explosive" and it would be even more lopsided had not a lot of his big runs been called back.

I'd like to see Breida active even WITH Moss clearing protocol. Activate all three backs. Kumerow going on IR means his special teams snaps are up for grabs. I could be mistaken, but Breida played quite a few special teams snaps in the games in which he was active. 

Activate and use all three backs, says I.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope we pick a RB and give the guy 15-20 carries. I want to see an actual attempt at creating some sort of balance. It’s only going to make josh and our passing game more dangerous. Keeping defenses honest. Enough of the splitting time, enough of not committing to making it work. Get the FB and TEs on the field, let one of these backs get into a groove. Stop taking them out every other drive. Create balance on offense and we become (by far) the most complete team in football.

The first part of this I've been saying for 2 years.   Let both the oline and 1 RB get unto a rhythm. 

27 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

But yet Singletary has been more productive on less carries....

I’m not sure who the better back is at this point and feel it’s really hard to judge with their snap counts and situations used. Devin seems to get more yards per carry but gets no attempts in the red zone where plays are more condensed. That’s tough running that they heavily rely on Moss for…. Like I said, I was looking forward to one guy getting more carries this week. The rotation they have is just not working. If Devin could get back to the way he played in his rookie year I think this board would be pretty satisfied, it’s possible he just needs carries.  Everyone talks about giving Allen attempts early to get in rhythm, what about the running backs who carry the ball less then 10 times a game? In close games it’s less then that, their attempts are blown up because of a few blowouts.

19 hours ago, TBBills said:

Not worried about the running game, but the offensive line should be better.

How can you not be worried about the running game? It’s absolutely abysmal and the lack of it is why we can’t get teams out of the cover-2 shell. We can’t even run against light boxes. If this team can’t run the ball effectively without counting on JA to do the bulk of it, we aren’t going far in the playoffs.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

How can you not be worried about the running game? It’s absolutely abysmal and the lack of it is why we can’t get teams out of the cover-2 shell. We can’t even run against light boxes. If this team can’t run the ball effectively without counting on JA to do the bulk of it, we aren’t going far in the playoffs.

They went to the AFC championship last year doing just that. If they struggle in mid December-Jan then I will worry. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

But yet Singletary has been more productive on less carries....

Breida has barely been given a chance and Moss is excellent in pass pro/receiving out of the back field.  

Singletary could be good behind a better OL, but he just isn’t what we need. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.